Sign in to follow this  
DaHzxrd

Donator Perks

Hi i just had an enquiry and a good idea would there be any like sort of perks or little thinks you can get on the forum if you donate so you can stand out like little things just such as a shiny name or just a diffrent colour and maybe when you go onto there profile you can have like special backgrounds and or a video on you profile. Maybe even it could show people who donated at the bottom of the home page of the forum. This was just a little idea and might be cool if you could implement it.

• Like 7

If this were to happen Dahzxrd then the forums wouldn't be equal to all.

It would be like a fashion show; "Who has the best profile page?", "Who has donated the most?".

I do like the idea but I feel it would be unfair to the people who donated less for the same cause to support the game.

I think its better that they stray away from perks for donating. Games that adopt that policy get a bad rap for being "pay to play". This way, new players won't feel pressured or left out because they don't have disposable income like others. I love flare, but sometimes its better to go without. 

Well, not anything of that sort, Just the rank of your pledge is good enough because it signifies what you pledged for but I don't think anyone who pledged more should get anything different than the other pledgers because as it was said above, everyone pledged to help the cause and some may not have the money to do what they would like to pledge.

On 29/03/2017 at 7:29 PM, Judgement said:

If this were to happen Dahzxrd then the forums wouldn't be equal to all.

It would be like a fashion show; "Who has the best profile page?", "Who has donated the most?".

I do like the idea but I feel it would be unfair to the people who donated less for the same cause to support the game.

Why would that be unfair? If somebody is willing to donate more then I see no issue with them getting more perks. It has nothing to do with anything except how generous that person is feeling, and if they are donating then they should be recognised.

On 29/03/2017 at 10:27 PM, xLambx said:

I think its better that they stray away from perks for donating. Games that adopt that policy get a bad rap for being "pay to play". This way, new players won't feel pressured or left out because they don't have disposable income like others. I love flare, but sometimes its better to go without. 

How can it be pay to play when the forum post is addressing forum perks only? Also did you mean pay to win? I think forum perks would be quite fine, though some people would go overboard as people always do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Why would that be unfair? If somebody is willing to donate more then I see no issue with them getting more perks. It has nothing to do with anything except how generous that person is feeling, and if they are donating then they should be recognised.

How can it be pay to play when the forum post is addressing forum perks only? Also did you mean pay to win? I think forum perks would be quite fine, though some people would go overboard as people always do.

Yes this is what i'm trying to say thank you for wording it better than me i think people should be rewarded for being so nice to donate extra that what is needed and i dont see any problem that this will cause to the game i'm not saying if you donate you get 100k just saying you could get a gold name for example and that wont change anything apart from your name.