MarcoArts

Dont make the map bigger

Please dont make the map bigger only because of SpatialOS. I've been very glad to hear that identity can handle probably thousands of players on one server but I think a map size of 200 square km is perfect for 500-2000 players and it should not be bigger than that because if you make the map too big it would need too long to find other players and that would be boring. Specially in the cities it's important to have a very high player density to give us the feeling to be in a big city and to make much roleplay with many people taking part.

Edited by MarcoArts
  • Like 1

i think it should have like civilization areas such as if you have made quite a bit of money and have a bit to spend, you would find these kind of people in areas where that are more expensive, ( citys ) , and where cheaper houses are, ( Ghetto as such ) you will have the bottom end people such as your self if you are low end, or high end :) so areas that are expensive where you can be cool in because your rich , and find more soulful players that ant quite up there yet in the cheaper places, lower class, ill be middle class with a fat ass ride evading police just for the fun ,

Edited by YoungOne

I actually agree with this, unless you need to make it bigger, i dont think it would be better, as OP stated, that it would be nice if there was density in the city of players, instead of being spread out over a even bigger map, the current map is huge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Narc said:

I actually agree with this, unless you need to make it bigger, i dont think it would be better, as OP stated, that it would be nice if there was density in the city of players, instead of being spread out over a even bigger map, the current map is huge.

They will likely make it bigger because they not only are doing it because of the partnership with "SpatialOS" but because they wanted it bigger/ planned for it if they made that partner. There is a lot of potential with having a bigger map and that could be fitting more houses on the map/ having bigger communities/ towns scattered more over the vast distances instead of being too close by. (Just my opinion) but I see why you guys want it as they originally planned.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

so here is what we know the map is going to divided in to country side and the town side , so the players who starts the game from scratch will live in town to gather money from jobs , deliveries and so on , so at this view your going to have a bit of a problem for the size of the map at 1st then the players will grow and hopefully we wont notice the size of the map because we have interactions with other players ,dont forget its a role play game that means its not spouse to be easy getting from point A to point B unless u got the resources and there will be A TON OF GRINDING , then u got the private owned servers the down side for those its that lets say 120 players for a respected server that its not going to be enough to fill the map and close the gap , to me its really one of those topics hard to tackle because its hard to find the SWEET spot for the size of the map , any ideas ?

I'm just saying a huge map with 1,000 people could get pretty lonely. I vote for 3,000

18 minutes ago, Arky said:

I'm just saying a huge map with 1,000 people could get pretty lonely. I vote for 3,000

I think they should up the map size to a max of 1002 Miles which is roughly 258 Km2 which will be a big enough expansion of the map size and then the population could be possibly be good at any amount but not too low and not too high. I have no clue why I picked that 1002 Miles but I think it might be just to even up the number and well any number of players will be good as long as it is evened out with density of communities. 5000 players in one server could bring so many possibilities with RP that 300 could not give for example traffic jams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think they should up the map size to a max of 1002 Miles which is roughly 258 Km2 which will be a big enough expansion of the map size and then the population could be possibly be good at any amount but not too low and not too high. I have no clue why I picked that 1002 Miles but I think it might be just to even up the number and well any number of players will be good as long as it is evened out with density of communities. 5000 players in one server could bring so many possibilities with RP that 300 could not give for example traffic jams.

With 5,000 we could host actual community gatherings. Business would actually have uses. Theaters would be packed for the latest movie release. It would feel like a living breathing world. I think 5,000 people would be amazing and actually a whole lot of fun.

• Like 4

Yeah if there was 3-5k or more in a server, and it ran well, would definatley make up for the no AI walking the streets, i would actually feel like im in a city, not a ghost town with dickheads screaming at each other here and there. I suppose a bigger map is needed, but not too big to where its not as dense, but put bigger residential areas and shit, i guess either way alot of people are going to stay in the major city anyway, going to be really good for gang turf wars, and police response and what not aswell, hopefully the economy will be booomin, products always listed, should be much better then 300 slots, i just hope it doesnt turn out to be like second life lol, ive seen cancer vids on that shit.

• Like 2

To be honest I would love to see a bigger map with a more dense forest and bigger cities to explore. If possible an actual city with skyscrapers and a whole lot to do.

• Like 3

A larger map for 1,000 individuals should not be an issue as long as it involves increasing the size of the cities considering that the cities are specifically intended for the purposes of increasing social interaction within the game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

A larger map for 1,000 individuals should not be an issue as long as it involves increasing the size of the cities considering that the cities are specifically intended for the purposes of increasing social interaction within the game.

I totally agree, Just Cause 3 for example would have been a better game if the cities and towns were bigger. After all, what's the point of a big map if it's mostly wasteland?

• Like 1

This sounds real good with the 5,000 but than i guess you would have to start taking a step back and than your looking at it from their end and everyone will start talking about Optimization when you have a lot of people within a good vicinity of one another.  This is my personal opinion and i still think 1000 sounds really great overall, I would like to see it at that # first .