Narc

People who don't understand game dev, need to read this.

Sigh...

I did not ONCE sayd this is scam, I asked out of interest. (and I did pledge the game, because I think this is a very good idea and looks awsome). And I have not discredit ANY developers at all where did you get that from ?

8 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

Sigh...

I did not ONCE sayd this is scam, I asked out of interest. (and I did pledge the game, because I think this is a very good idea and looks awsome). And I have not discredit ANY developers at all where did you get that from ?

Wasn't referring to you when i said scam

ok thanks, because it sounded that way.
And I still mean that I dident discredit any developers, I do like all I have seen so far, and they did answer my questions here on the forum, witch are appriciated.

28 minutes ago, Narc said:

9 man dev team with 3 or 4 full time and the rest freelancer artists wanting to make a good first impression on their alpha module, if you can't get behind that and understand that then don't pledge and wait till you see the module, if you pledge to support the development, then bitch, dont do research and whinge on the forums about "there's no updates, there hasn't been updates for ages, this is a scam, this is too ambitious," then you can't expect other people to jump down your throat when you sit on here and try and discredit the developers and their hard work because you havent seen enough to please you. Impatient.

That is my exact point and attitude!

Furthermore I won't apologize for I said and I still stand by it, if anyone thinks they could do a better job than Asylum, than prove it and make a game. Other than that, stop complaining and comparing them to large franchise titles, sit back, and be patient. 

I get having question, however a bit of research can save you lots of annoyance. 

This is a passion project from a small group, not a franchise from a large company. If you need proof of their work, there is other Asylum projects out there you can play now. Identity is just their main, and maybe, only focus now.

Let's give them the time to make a solid game which can be added to and made great. Let's not pressure and rush. I get for those who have invested, you want to see something for your money, and you will, just give them the time to show you.  

6 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Guess what? The devs already stated that they are behind schedule and the module is delayed because of Pax East and GDC 2017! They released a apartment customisation video on 31st November 2016! That is 5 months ago not over a year and so you need to keep up to date more. They have done multiple Q&A's already.  They have released a couple of dev blogs too!

Is it a rule that to post on a forum you have to be a jerk? Stop typing with your exclamation points and anger. You get the point of what we are saying. That same apartment customization video is old now. If the goal was to have the module out by now they could at least have a new video or 2 for us since that module is clearly being pushed back.

To the O.P. - I'm not sure there are a lot of people here that don't understand game development. I think that a lot of us just want to see progress. The amount of money we spent may be small but we still like to know what's happening with it. If this was an elaborate scam and I lost $100 it's cool. Just let me know. If some work is being done to put out the project that i'm excited about let me know that too. I know they are busy. Everyone is. But someone could keep up updated. I'm not saying daily or even weekly but I don't think monthly updates is too much to ask. 

Please cut it out with the frustration and anger because people ask questions. Us asking the Dev's questions shouldn't effect your day to day that much.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShadowSuperior said:

Is it a rule that to post on a forum you have to be a jerk? Stop typing with your exclamation points and anger. You get the point of what we are saying. That same apartment customization video is old now. If the goal was to have the module out by now they could at least have a new video or 2 for us since that module is clearly being pushed back.

I used the exclamation marks on each "Fact" I pointed out. I don't intend to look like a jerk, but facts are facts and well if you don't like then well tough.. Facts are the hard truth and well not everyone can bare them, so don't get upset over being given them.

16 minutes ago, ShadowSuperior said:

To the O.P. - I'm not sure there are a lot of people here that don't understand game development. I think that a lot of us just want to see progress. The amount of money we spent may be small but we still like to know what's happening with it. If this was an elaborate scam and I lost $100 it's cool. Just let me know. If some work is being done to put out the project that i'm excited about let me know that too. I know they are busy. Everyone is. But someone could keep up updated. I'm not saying daily or even weekly but I don't think monthly updates is too much to ask. 

Here is another fact, we all want updates, but do you see me asking/ complaining about not enough updates? No is the answer because I am patient and well I have been waiting since day 1 of the kickstarter. I pledge a hefty amount and I just have patience and I trust in the developers to perform.

Back to the other point; The community manager known as Motown has 2 jobs being, (Community Manager) one to keep us updated and the other being a lead 3D artist. He recently took on the role as producer too which he is busy with a lot of stuff and well I and most others would rather him spend more time on development.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

Its painfully obvious its a scam,we all know it,the project is way to ambitious for an indie team,just want to scam 12 year old Altis life kiddies

its been years and theyve barely given us anything

jamesluck knows this but im afraid he cant speak out because he is a "executive"

2 hours ago, ShadowSuperior said:

Please cut it out with the frustration and anger because people ask questions. Us asking the Dev's questions shouldn't effect your day to day that much.

First off James wasn't being a jerk with his reply, clearly you took it as an insult or to be snippy, however if you actually read his replies, all point out fact, and have no ill intent. 

Also their goal was to have a module out, yes, however the amount of detail we saw in the apartment customization clearly shows the dedication. From this it is pretty easy to assume any and all delays are because of the amount of depth they are establishing in the the game.

To simply dismiss the quality from the original images and videos to the most recent video, is very ignorant and frustrates any fan of quality work.

Also To think this is a scam is also incredibly ignorant, due to the attention this game has already received. If this was a scam in anyway, it would have already been discovered at this point, and you most likely would have received you money back. 

As for constant updates, good luck finding any company/developer that releases constant updates to their audience.

A majority of developers release small, spiratic content in the early stages of development to spark interest and gain financial backing if needed. Once they are at beta, or post beta, then they begin to release constant content, due to the fact they have content to show.

6 minutes ago, Moreau said:

Its painfully obvious its a scam,we all know it,the project is way to ambitious for an indie team,just want to scam 12 year old Altis life kiddies

jamesluck knows this but im afraid he cant speak out because he is a "executive"

Clearly you are an idiot kid....you think the FBI or CIA would allow this to go on for years? They Would have already shut this down a long time ago. Smh at this retards who cant be patient.... 

5 hours ago, Moreau said:

I'm going to probably get a strike for this but idc, delinquent brats like you piss me off if you're being serious, shut up and go away

7 hours ago, ShadowSuperior said:

There are alot of people who don't understand game development and don't understand how to read either, as i previously have stated, there's reasons why they wouldn't be showing progress every day, ill say it again, for example:
1. They want to spend more time on the module to get it out to us asap, since its already behind because of PAX and GDC and motown being sick.
2. They want to keep things a secret for reasons such as; Other game developers stealing ideas or because they want people to experience new things when they come into the game and not know whats already in it, ruins the fun.
3. They want a good impression for their first module launch, their second module launch, their third module launch, beta and full game launch, they want to play the game as much as we do, they want to obviously not half ass it.
4. They don't have a full time community manager.
5. They might have some sort of ToS regarding releasing content they have to follow.

You've seen progress, the apartment customization video, all that stuff didnt take them a week to do mate, that shit takes time, not only that if you haven't read up, they are working on the base game right, and taking parts of the base game out, and turning them into previews for us, called modules. This is why the second module wont take much longer to come out after the first module, because they've already started working on and finishing some of the weapon physics. Alot of the backend parts of the core game, need to be made in order to progress. Have you read the dev diaries? theres info on that, have you seen the Q&A videos and info on reddit and gaming websites? they aren't completely silent.. The thing is right, people can never have enough, if they want it, they say they just want abit of info, then if they give it to them, then those people just want more, and more and more, saying "its not enough, i want more!" its never ending. 

Edited by Narc

In my first forum message here on this thread, I did start to say that there are alot of rumers and news, some so called comfirmed news and other are just loose rumers. That does not make any of them to fact, I never sayd so, even that some of them might be. In order to get some facts I started to write here.

What I was interested in was when the first module was expected to be ready for test. I did not ask why it got delayed, because that have nothing to do with me, all I wanted to hear was an expected timeline.

Then I sayd about other people that posted video clips claiming that this is scam. Thats not my vision on Identity, and I do not share that vision at all, but I can understand their point of view, that does not make it to my point of view. (So stop beeing personal against me for for no reason)

Therefore I wanted some facts, to get answers on what was loose rumers, what of the so called comfirmed rumers are true, the rest have no interest for me. I got those answers now, -  thanks, and thats appriciated.

If people have some concerns regarding the game, they should not be met with rude people, try to understand their reason to ask, its not allways because that they do discredit any developers or saying its scam, it can be as simple as they are interested to see Identity to be a reality.

Now since this have been very long time between any teasers, and the fact that the 2 teasers (I did first see it as same teaser, but with closer look I can see it not the same bed, otherwise its very much the same), then its not strange that people start to wonder whats going on. And that most of us that are here that DO belive in this huge project, and others that dont.(they are most likely not here) There should be no problem to ask those questions at all.

Now I got answer for that, a new video is about to be released, and a planed release witch are great to hear.

I hope this did answer youre questions towards my posts.

Edited by Turaxis

12 hours ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Clearly you are an idiot kid....you think the FBI or CIA would allow this to go on for years? They Would have already shut this down a long time ago. Smh at this retards who cant be patient.... 

So you are literally  implying the CIA or FBI for that matter would give 2 shits about this game? They have more important  matters,like domestic terrorism and dont give a fuck about  a video game scam

also the reason youre so pissed of because of my FACTS is probaly because you are very well aware its a scam and that you wasted your money

Edited by Moreau

31 minutes ago, Moreau said:

So you are literally  implying the CIA or FBI for that matter would give 2 shits about this game? They have more important  matters,like domestic terrorism and dont give a fuck about  a video game scam

also the reason youre so pissed of because of my FACTS is probaly because you are very well aware its a scam and that you wasted your money

if you think its a scam, then why are you here?

The points above are pretty valid. I don't mind the wait, what I mind is the lack of organization. Why is there no timeline pinned down for the Town Square module, especially when they officially tell the public it is to be released practically now? (Here is a permalink to the Reddit QnA which happened in JANUARY THIS YEAR - not ages ago, not last year, but 2 months before the estimated completion of the Town Square module). You would expect that when something is officially due in about a month or two, they would tell the person who writes the FAQ entries. 'I have no clue', 'I estimate...', 'I think it will come...' - I'm sorry - it's supposed to come in a month and you don't have an ETA? Really?

Delays happen, sure. But using PAX and GDC as an excuse is weak. Those events were planned in advance. The delay they would cause should have also been planned in advance. Thats what any software developer does, regardless of their size - you plan, or you're doomed to fail. I once worked in a dev team of 4 and we still had deadlines and we still made plans. You can't make software with a 'whatever, whenever' approach. 

I've noticed that some people are starting to get paranoid. Ppl are allowed to feel how they feel, and no one really has the right, to tell them otherwise. I know exactly how you feel. When I seen the previews of Identity, and did a lil bit of checking, I decided to make the jump to PC from console BECAUSE of Identity. I'm already playing other games on pc tho, as Identity was the main reason, but not the only reason. I went out, and got a computer I can't afford, pledged money($250) I didn't have.  All because I'm that excited to do whatever I can to help it become a reality. I've never done this before, and your damn right I'm worried...Anyone who puts money into something to help make it become real, and never see it get there is disappointing. We also have the right as "investors" to voice our worries.

But there is a right way to do that and a wrong way. Don't forget that it's an investment though, and sometimes they don't work out the way you want it to. You think any of us, put together and multiplied, could possibly be more depressed, Than the guys who put their blood, sweat, and tears into creating something from scratch.? Ask ppl for help bringing this idea to life(kickstarter), And have things fall apart, and it not come to fruition. You think our donations measure up to anything compared to what the Devs have put into Identity. Delays are inevitable, look at GTA V. That game was plagued with problems. STILL has problems. But I'm certain it's not a scam, or I wouldn't have pledged, and got a custom game rig for when it released lol. NO ONE is saying it's NEVER coming.

It was never etched in stone when it was gonna be released. And this is why they don't wanna give ppl answers before they have a solid, definitive answer. Anytime you pledge to a game, it's a calculated risk, as is ANY investment. YOU can either be patient and see where it goes, or write it off, it's your choice. But please remember your not the only person to put money into Identity. I'm sure the people who have put way more than us, into Identity, aren't freaking out every month, thinking it's a scam. Patience my friends, we will be looking back when we are enjoying the fruits of our spoils, and thinking how glad we are we waited a lil extra time to have things more complete, to have the best possible experience. Because trust me if they rush it out for the complainers, THEN you're all gonna be pissed the game is all buggy and don't wanna work right. I've seen plenty of games on Steam, since I got here, that fit that bill.  

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Moreau said:

I have no money invested in Identity lol, assumptions get people killed...just saying...

Also Fraud is about money, and this video game has received funding from all over the world, why wouldn't government agencies get involved to deal with it. There is nothing any local authorities can do if this is fraudulent. 

Again quit throwing your pathetic opinion as fact kid... 

2 hours ago, Doella said:

The points above are pretty valid. I don't mind the wait, what I mind is the lack of organization. Why is there no timeline pinned down for the Town Square module, especially when they officially tell the public it is to be released practically now? (Here is a permalink to the Reddit QnA which happened in JANUARY THIS YEAR - not ages ago, not last year, but 2 months before the estimated completion of the Town Square module). You would expect that when something is officially due in about a month or two, they would tell the person who writes the FAQ entries. 'I have no clue', 'I estimate...', 'I think it will come...' - I'm sorry - it's supposed to come in a month and you don't have an ETA? Really?

Delays happen, sure. But using PAX and GDC as an excuse is weak. Those events were planned in advance. The delay they would cause should have also been planned in advance. Thats what any software developer does, regardless of their size - you plan, or you're doomed to fail. I once worked in a dev team of 4 and we still had deadlines and we still made plans. You can't make software with a 'whatever, whenever' approach. 

They dont have at time line because things change as pointed out before, and if you delay dates that people already know about you get a bunch of salty pricks instead of supporters. 15 hours ago, paratus stated that theres going to be a notice about the delay, clearing up any issues, why theres a delay and what it means for identity. You say all the points are pretty valid, then you point out one of the main points as if you didnt read them, and still ask why theres no eta. lol show me where a dev answered in a FAQ ' i estimate, i think it will come, or i have no clue..

2 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I've noticed that some people are starting to get paranoid. Ppl are allowed to feel how they feel, and no one really has the right, to tell them otherwise. I know exactly how you feel. When I seen the previews of Identity, and did a lil bit of checking, I decided to make the jump to PC from console BECAUSE of Identity. I'm already playing other games on pc tho, as Identity was the main reason, but not the only reason. I went out, and got a computer I can't afford, pledged money($250) I didn't have.  All because I'm that excited to do whatever I can to help it become a reality. I've never done this before, and your damn right I'm worried...Anyone who puts money into something to help make it become real, and never see it get there is disappointing. We also have the right as "investors" to voice our worries.

But there is a right way to do that and a wrong way. Don't forget that it's an investment though, and sometimes they don't work out the way you want it to. You think any of us, put together and multiplied, could possibly be more depressed, Than the guys who put their blood, sweat, and tears into creating something from scratch.? Ask ppl for help bringing this idea to life(kickstarter), And have things fall apart, and it not come to fruition. You think our donations measure up to anything compared to what the Devs have put into Identity. Delays are inevitable, look at GTA V. That game was plagued with problems. STILL has problems. But I'm certain it's not a scam, or I wouldn't have pledged, and got a custom game rig for when it released lol. NO ONE is saying it's NEVER coming.

It was never etched in stone when it was gonna be released. And this is why they don't wanna give ppl answers before they have a solid, definitive answer. Anytime you pledge to a game, it's a calculated risk, as is ANY investment. YOU can either be patient and see where it goes, or write it off, it's your choice. But please remember your not the only person to put money into Identity. I'm sure the people who have put way more than us, into Identity, aren't freaking out every month, thinking it's a scam. Patience my friends, we will be looking back when we are enjoying the fruits of our spoils, and thinking how glad we are we waited a lil extra time to have things more complete, to have the best possible experience. Because trust me if they rush it out for the complainers, THEN you're all gonna be pissed the game is all buggy and don't wanna work right. I've seen plenty of games on Steam, since I got here, that fit that bill.  

No one has ever said you havent got a right to be worried, its how people go about it, by slandering the team and their work stating its a scam and stupid bullshit like that, as the devs have already stated " if you think its a scam, please don't purchase any pledge tiers until you believe otherwise, wait till something more solid comes out" but what do people do? still buy pledge rewards then call scam, or just slander because they can.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moreau said:

If I knew it was a scam, I would ask for my money back. I would not have my own forum/ starting my own community based around Identity. You can think it is a scam all you want but don't go blabbering away saying it is because "HOW the "FUCK would you know?", if you can answer that with a good and significant answer I will understand why you think it is a scam but don't bring me into something and say "I think like you or even think what you think". I have my own opinion and well I would not be on this forum everyday if I didn't believe in the developers and the project/ team behind the scenes! I for 1 is a person of my own and you don't fool me.

Please don't bring me up again! 

Also They have given enough for me, your expectations of evidence is set far higher than mine and you are exceptionally more impatient than I. The info we have given is enough for those who stand by the devs and stay loyal/ believe in them. Trust and patience is a virtue.

3 hours ago, Doella said:

Here and I quote from MY FAQ Extended. 

When is the Town Square module going to release?

I have no clue as there is NO ETA on this. This module is in the works and should be done very soon Early 2017. I would estimate it Mid - End March (My opinion). Due to delays of the module development with the devs going to GDC and PAX. I estimate the devs have been delayed by at most 3 weeks but I think it will come around Easter weekend. 

If you notice, I stated "MY Opinion". It may be in green but the pink is the edit/ update I made to it so it stands out!! Also the devs probably did plan for the delay which was going to happen and they probably did cater for it, but How can they cater for the Lead 3D Artist/ Community Manager being ill? They could not predict that, No one can. So please don't feed bullshit, yes they may not have planned out everything to cater for the delay from GDC and PAX East but They tried and they have acknowledged that they couldn't stop the inevitable delay and well what do you want them to tell us about what caused the delay? 

I personally think you would have given the same reaction, but IDK because I am not you. You, I or anyone don't know what the devs planned for or not and they did not hide behind those events. They just gave the facts and well it is a hard to digest them for some people.

9 hours ago, Narc said:

They dont have at time line because things change as pointed out before, and if you delay dates that people already know about you get a bunch of salty pricks instead of supporters. 15 hours ago, paratus stated that theres going to be a notice about the delay, clearing up any issues, why theres a delay and what it means for identity. You say all the points are pretty valid, then you point out one of the main points as if you didnt read them, and still ask why theres no eta. lol show me where a dev answered in a FAQ ' i estimate, i think it will come, or i have no clue..

No one has ever said you havent got a right to be worried, its how people go about it, by slandering the team and their work stating its a scam and stupid bullshit like that, as the devs have already stated " if you think its a scam, please don't purchase any pledge tiers until you believe otherwise, wait till something more solid comes out" but what do people do? still buy pledge rewards then call scam, or just slander because they can.

I could swear your just reiterating what I already said. I never said, anyone said I didn't have a right to be worried, or that I WAS even worried. I was playing Devil's Advocate. I think it's a bit presumptuous for someone who only throws 30, bare minimum for beta access, and then act like they are a full share investor, asking Bernie Madoff for their money back. It HAS to be a SCAM...I think it's also a bit presumptuous to assume it's a scam. Great Ideas/games never see the light of day all the time. They weren't scams, things just fell thru...I KNEW that Identity was an investment, and one that might not ever get off the ground. But I very well think it's worth it, as pretty much all people, here in the 1st place, do. I'm patiently waiting, as are the others who threw down more than bare minimum...so I think people should exercise more empathy. I'm not in any way saying anyone is more important cause they threw down a certain amount. what I AM saying is that I understand that people threw down THOUSANDS to help Identity, so who am I, with my pledge to complain. I can only imagine how much they(The Devs) are putting into this...It's THEIR dream 1st, WE are just Johnny come-lately's. PEACE BE UNTO YOU MY BROTHERS

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

1 hour ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I could swear your just reiterating what I already said. I never said, anyone said I didn't have a right to be worried, or that I WAS even worried. I was playing Devil's Advocate. I think it's a bit presumptuous for someone who only throws 30, bare minimum for beta access, and then act like they are a full share investor, asking Bernie Madoff for their money back. It HAS to be a SCAM...I think it's also a bit presumptuous to assume it's a scam. Great Ideas/games never see the light of day all the time. They weren't scams, things just fell thru...I KNEW that Identity was an investment, and one that might not ever get off the ground. But I very well think it's worth it, as pretty much all people, here in the 1st place, do. I'm patiently waiting, as are the others who threw down more than bare minimum...so I think people should exercise more empathy. I'm not in any way saying anyone is more important cause they threw down a certain amount. what I AM saying is that I understand that people threw down THOUSANDS to help Identity, so who am I, with my pledge to complain. I can only imagine how much they(The Devs) are putting into this...It's THEIR dream 1st, WE are just Johnny come-lately's. PEACE BE UNTO YOU MY BROTHERS

um no i pointed out these parts and replied, the rest i saw you agreed..

10 hours ago, Narc said:

I've noticed that some people are starting to get paranoid. Ppl are allowed to feel how they feel, and no one really has the right, to tell them otherwise. I know exactly how you feel.

10 hours ago, Narc said:

I've never done this before, and your damn right I'm worried...Anyone who puts money into something to help make it become real, and never see it get there is disappointing. We also have the right as "investors" to voice our worries.

so you actually did say it lol

I said I was playing Devil's Advocate, read ALL of the post not just skim thru please, I never said anyone said I couldn't feel worried, and I wasn't really worried. Damn right I'm worried  was me playing Devil's Advocate. Hence why I said I understand how they feel. From a, never having done anything like this before, I was skeptical. Before I researched, then after what I found I decided it was worth it, and no longer worried or I wouldnt have pledged and bought a PC...

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

On 25/03/2017 at 2:21 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

I said I was playing Devil's Advocate, read ALL of the post not just skim thru please, I never said anyone said I couldn't feel worried, and I wasn't really worried. Damn right I'm worried  was me playing Devil's Advocate. Hence why I said I understand how they feel. From a, never having done anything like this before, I was skeptical. Before I researched, then after what I found I decided it was worth it, and no longer worried or I wouldnt have pledged and bought a PC...

wat. ok