Narc

People who don't understand game dev, need to read this.

Most games take years to develop, whether they have a team of 10 or a team of 40. The triple A developers like Rockstar and what not, they don't work on a game and finish it within the first year of development, for something ambitious like GTA or identity, it takes time, but no one seems to understand that. If it was Rockstar or a triple A title company making identity, usually they don't mention anything about it till its like about to be released a few months prior, because they don't need the additional funding to kick start their project usually, like indie devs do, which is why this was kickstarted before the development happened, because they needed funding. Since it got enough to kickstart the game, it started development, we are all here on the journey waiting for this game to be released, from day one or whatever (you get the point, its not like a triple A title where they announce it when its nearly completed)

So everyone needs to understand that game development is long, tedious, time consuming, expensive, and not a walk in the park, everyone expects so much so quickly, when in reality its not that easy. The reason why i wouldn't want to become a game developer is because i have a short fuse and everytime someone would bitch about my game and say its a scam id tell them to go fuck themselves, but that's because i don't have the patience to put up with little delinquent brats who get what they want, usually when they want it.

Yes Asylum mentioned PR is important for them and it hasn't been well for them, because their community manager is also one of the main developers for the game and would rather spend his time working on the game to get it out to us. Alot of what they are doing, they want to keep a surprise, they aren't going to show you everything they have in the game, otherwise when you play it, nothing will be new to you, nothing will be exciting, nothing will impress you, because you've seen it all before, whats the point in having a new game, that everyone knows everything about, there's no spark.
The developers want to have a good first impression on everyone, as they've said, so instead of whinging because they are only releasing models here and there and not active, doesn't mean they aren't working on the game, it doesn't mean its a scam, it mean's they are showing you sneak peaks to keep you updated on their progress when they make a significant amount of progress.

Remember, game development can have it's setbacks, hence when you're a developer its never a good idea to put an ETA date, because chances are, its going to be pushed back, and people are going to get salty.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, Narc said:

Most games take years to develop, whether they have a team of 10 or a team of 40. The triple A developers like Rockstar and what not, they don't work on a game and finish it within the first year of development, for something ambitious like GTA or identity, it takes time, but no one seems to understand that. If it was Rockstar or a triple A title company making identity, usually they don't mention anything about it till its like about to be released a few months prior, because they don't need the additional funding to kick start their project usually, like indie devs do, which is why this was kickstarted before the development happened, because they needed funding. Since it got enough to kickstart the game, it started development, we are all here on the journey waiting for this game to be released, from day one or whatever (you get the point, its not like a triple A title where they announce it when its nearly completed) So everyone needs to understand that game development is long, tedious, time consuming, expensive, and not a walk in the park, everyone expects so much so quickly, when in reality its not that easy. The reason why i wouldn't want to become a game developer is because i have a short fuse and everytime someone would bitch about my game and say its a scam id tell them to go fuck themselves, but that's because i don't have the patience to put up with little delinquent brats who get what they want, usually when they want it. Yes Asylum mentioned PR is important for them and it hasn't been well for them, because their community manager is also one of the main developers for the game and would rather spend his time working on the game to get it out to us. Alot of what they are doing, they want to keep a surprise, they aren't going to show you everything they have in the game, otherwise when you play it, nothing will be new to you, nothing will be exciting, nothing will impress you, because you've seen it all before, whats the point in having a new game, that everyone knows everything about, there's no spark. The developers want to have a good first impression on everyone, as they've said, so instead of whinging because they are only releasing models here and there and not active, doesn't mean they aren't working on the game, it doesn't mean its a scam, it mean's they are showing you sneak peaks to keep you updated on their progress when they make a significant amount of progress. Remember, game development can have it's setbacks, hence when you're a developer its never a good idea to put an ETA date, because chances are, its going to be pushed back, and people are going to get salty.

Just my opinion.

I have read this, but you might want to paragraph it because it is hard to read all at once with out losing where you are at. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I have read this, but you might want to paragraph it because it is hard to read all at once with out losing where you are at. 

oops done

• Like 3

I fully understand youre point of view, however the game company should release at least a teaser every maby 6 month, to keep the interest up for the most interested players. Rockstar came with a mix of ingame clips, from their tests before they launched the game, they do it before new updates etc. The only clip I have seen from Identity are 1+ year old, and they say "this is what we did in a few month, think what we can do with youre support in a year" Now there have gone over a year but nothing new to watch... Really ?

My point is that if Identity staff are not showing anything, then there are a big risk of loosing people, instead of keeping them. I already seen videos where people call this scam. I dont belive it is, and for sure hope that im right. But as long as Identity are not showing any progress then I can understand peoples worry.

Alot of talk, all from loose rumers to so called confirmed news, but I as an old player would like to see something (anything) from Identity so I for sure know that this is ongoing, and there is progress. And im sorry but a written forum text are simply not enough.

There was a video clip, where there was some so called comfirmed dates (I can post it later if anyone interested to see it), where it sayd that first beta should be available in first quartal of 2017 (meaning thats like within 1 week from now), I can understand if that is delayed, but maby Identity staff can confirm this or deny this ?  Would be nice to get some dates what are planned for us (that allready payed to support the development) thats not the same as saying that it will be ready for that date, but something to hope for. And a video clip from something ingame, just about anything.

Best regards
Turaxis

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Turaxis said:

I fully understand youre point of view, however the game company should release at least a teaser every maby 6 month, to keep the interest up for the most interested players. Rockstar came with a mix of ingame clips, from their tests before they launched the game, they do it before new updates etc. The only clip I have seen from Identity are 1+ year old, and they say "this is what we did in a few month, think what we can do with youre support in a year" Now there have gone over a year but nothing new to watch... Really ?

My point is that if Identity staff are not showing anything, then there are a big risk of loosing people, instead of keeping them. I already seen videos where people call this scam. I dont belive it is, and for sure hope that im right. But as long as Identity are not showing any progress then I can understand peoples worry.

Alot of talk, all from loose rumers to so called confirmed news, but I as an old player would like to see something (anything) from Identity so I for sure know that this is ongoing, and there is progress. And im sorry but a written forum text are simply not enough.

There was a video clip, where there was some so called comfirmed dates (I can post it later if anyone interested to see it), where it sayd that first beta should be available in first quartal of 2017 (meaning thats like within 1 week from now), I can understand if that is delayed, but maby Identity staff can confirm this or deny this ?  Would be nice to get some dates what are planned for us (that allready payed to support the development) thats not the same as saying that it will be ready for that date, but something to hope for. And a video clip from something ingame, just about anything.

Best regards
Turaxis

Guess what? The devs already stated that they are behind schedule and the module is delayed because of Pax East and GDC 2017! They released a apartment customisation video on 31st November 2016! That is 5 months ago not over a year and so you need to keep up to date more. They have done multiple Q&A's already.  They have released a couple of dev blogs too!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Guess what? The devs already stated that they are behind schedule and the module is delayed because of Pax East and GDC 2017! They released a apartment customisation video on 31st November 2016! That is 5 months ago not over a year and so you need to keep up to date more. They have done multiple Q&A's already.  They have released a couple of dev blogs too!

I guess what we want is something that we can say, damn they really going to make this happen and if the team released more content that is more interactive  that would really help people stay active within the community and probably draw more pledges into the community.

• Like 4

The video that im refering to are the ONLY one I found and its with an appartment where Identity go through, and that was posted first time 19. jan 2015,  (thats more than a year ago in my callender) that same video have been posted over and over in other videos. So if you can show me that other video that are not the same then please let me know.

Here are the link to the video im talking about:

Best regards
Turaxis

Edited by Turaxis
  • Like 1

Its allmost the same, they mixed the clips alittle, I can not see that there are anything new, compared to the video they released in 2015. Again show something where its really possible to see that you guys really worked on it. Is that really too much to ask after for a year since the first video ?

Some of the other videos I have seen are mostly a collection of pictures where Identity say that there will be this and that. But come on, its just talk untill we can see it. I did ask on another forum thread about to see the gamemechanics on designing. Im not asking to show all but something so we can get an idea on how it might work, and to see that this is not scam. Again I do belive its not, but not all feel that way, There should be more than just images at this point, even with a delay.

And no answer on any dates, or the so called confirmed news about release dates, if not in here in the  end of this month, then when do you guys plan for a beta release ? (For us that still belive in Identity!!!)

And when will we see a video with something new  (not a video with screenshots or with something we seen before)

Best regards
Turaxis

15 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

Its allmost the same, they mixed the clips alittle, I can not see that there are anything new, compared to the video they released in 2015. Again show something where its really possible to see that you guys really worked on it. Is that really too much to ask after for a year since the first video ?

Some of the other videos I have seen are mostly a collection of pictures where Identity say that there will be this and that. But come on, its just talk untill we can see it. I did ask on another forum thread about to see the gamemechanics on designing. Im not asking to show all but something so we can get an idea on how it might work, and to see that this is not scam. Again I do belive its not, but not all feel that way, There should be more than just images at this point, even with a delay.

And no answer on any dates, or the so called confirmed news about release dates, if not in here in the  end of this month, then when do you guys plan for a beta release ? (For us that still belive in Identity!!!)

And when will we see a video with something new  (not a video with screenshots or with something we seen before)

Best regards
Turaxis

The next video will be on Gun mechanics and that will be before the 1st module releases. The confirmed dates was more a "Area of months it would be" like Q1 which is almost over but there has been a delay because of PAX East and GDC 2017 but a video and likely another dev blog will come out very soon.

They don't give proper release dates because if they run into problems and need to delay it then it won't cause more pressure. There is no release dates officially because that causes a set of pressure to release and well they want to perfect it and well they don't know the time frame it will take and so release dates will likely be announced atleast 1 week or more from when it is.

Well to say Q1 are also to give a date, its not specific but that means to end of this month, so it is anyway some kind of date right, can you go that far to say that im right there ?

Its delayed that fine by me, I would be supprised if it was not on a big project as Identify are. But question remains can you say what Identity are expecting are we talking 1 week,  1 month, 3 month or more ? (Before there will be a beta out ?) Im not asking for a specific date, just so we have an idea.

And I will look forward to next video with some mechanics at least.

Best regards
Turaxis

8 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

Well to say Q1 are also to give a date, its not specific but that means to end of this month, so it is anyway some kind of date right, can you go that far to say that im right there ?

Its delayed that fine by me, I would be supprised if it was not on a big project as Identify are. But question remains can you say what Identity are expecting are we talking 1 week,  1 month, 3 month or more ? (Before there will be a beta out ?) Im not asking for a specific date, just so we have an idea.

And I will look forward to next video with some mechanics at least.

Best regards
Turaxis

IF YOU ARE A GAME DEVELOPER, YOU DON'T GIVE DATES, WHETHER ITS THE END OF THE MONTH OR NOT jesus christ, if they say end of this month, then it gets delayed again, its going to be the same reaction that you'd get if you said a specific date, so no you're not right there, you're still going to get people salty if you have to delay it for whatever game development reason.

Probably within the next month or two, the module would probably release, in my opinion, only because it was delayed abit, not alot, they havent said anything about a date, or around about date, incase a delay again. The beta will be out like 2018 bro, its only the modules this year, first module soon, the second combat module not far off the first module, then the racing module maybe end of this year if they can fit it in, but its more complicated then youd think with vehicle physics. You need to do your research because you don't look like you know anything about the game.

• Like 1

Impatience. 

Contrary to popular belief vague release dates, and delays are very common in video games. Even blockbuster developers delay and give vague releases (look at Rockstar and RDR2 and Agent). 

The main reasoning behind this is contractual obligation with platforms such as Sony, Microsoft, Steam, etc. Most developers will give a vague date to please those backing the game, however it is a rough guideline and normally is set up to allow for a delay from the developer. 

As for keeping everyone up to date and informed, that is truly at the discretion of the development team. Asylum, like many other companies, are keeping the information regarding their game limited.

This is not only to prevent other developers from possibly stealing the concept, and also acts as advertising method for the public.

Games can take multiple years to be properly made, and some games have even taken a decade to make.

If your that impatient, get off your fat ass, and make your own damn game. Then we can tell you that you are a scam and never going to come out, when you release a vague date or have to delay. SMH at this entitled culture we have now. 

• Like 2

I did not say once that this was a scam, and to be that rude why ?
I did ask of somthing Ididtity sayd,(that first beta should be released in 1Q) And I do understand if they get delayd, and I did not say anything rude to anyone here, so try keep calm. - Then I asked on how long time there will go before there will be a beta out, 1 week, 1 month or 3 month or more. What is wrong with that, when they by them self sayd it was expected in Q1 2017 ?

9 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

I did not say once that this was a scam, and to be that rude why ?
I did ask of somthing Ididtity sayd,(that first beta should be released in 1Q) And I do understand if they get delayd, and I did not say anything rude to anyone here, so try keep calm. - Then I asked on how long time there will go before there will be a beta out, 1 week, 1 month or 3 month or more. What is wrong with that, when they by them self sayd it was expected in Q1 2017 ?

If you read the comments answering you, you would notice they clearly stated "The modules" are not Beta... They are "Alpha's" and BETA won't be out until 2018!!! Also The 1 guy who was rude, shouldn't of been rude but really you could do a simple thing literally get the answer in 30 seconds. Also Nothing has been said about how big of a delay it is but one person could easily figure out and estimate it was a small delay because of GDC and PAX East 2017 + a dev was ill, this can easily be said that the delay is likely a 2 week delay or at most a month really but this is not official and well nothing will be given officially but purely "MY estimation". 

However the part about "Q1 2017" yes, that is a vague date/ period but it was because they didn't want to give something specific as because they didn't want to delay and make people hyped before knowing they was going to delay it. This is a few facts about some developers. 

How is it rude to tell people to get off their ass and make their own game if they are impatient? 

Also nowhere did I specify you, so your feelings of being the victim is on you. 

I am simply stating to make your own game, if anyone thinks they can do it better than Asylum is, with the resources they have. 

Goddam this age of professional offence and victims is retarded. 

It is honestly more rude to question the developers like this, on a forum they made for us, and about a game they are pioneering with limited resources. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo
  • Like 1

Regardless of if you find my comments rude and uncalled for, the fact remains. 

We need to be patient because we are dealing with a 9 man development team and I am not sure how many are even fulltime. We need to remember this is an indie developer and they have pressure from not only us, but the industry itself.  Just take a breath, and be patient. 

If this is a scam, it will get outed. If this is going to be a flop, it will get outed. Nothing like that has happened thus far in development, and it probably never will. We just all need to step back and realise we have been spoiled by blockbuster developers for the past 10 years, and we are used to their standard of practice. 

limited recourses, it says that 115K+ people have payed so far (most likely have most payed 30 dollars each, some maby more, some less) but lets say 30 dollars multiply with 115K thats around 3.5 million dollars, thats not excatly to be without funds. So to ask a simple question I dont Think thats too much, for that amount of money.now is it ?

To be rude that way you have been are not the smartest I have seen, to say it lightly, there have been no reason what so ever to do so. I have not been inpatience, I writed several times that I can understand if they get delayed, and I do not think this is a scam, can I say it more clear so even you can understand it ?

6 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

limited recourses, it says that 115K+ people have payed so far (most likely have most payed 30 dollars each, some maby more, some less) but lets say 30 dollars multiply with 115K thats around 3.5 million dollars, thats not excatly to be without funds. So to ask a simple question I dont Think thats too much, for that amount of money.now is it ?

Can I ask Did you ever look at the lovely statistics? 

https://gyazo.com/79b88b327eb89028e19dba26f827cbb2

I believe they have just over 400k. Actually I will give the facts: $464,647 = Four Hundred and Sixty Four Thousand, Six Hundred and Forty Seven Dollars.

I think they are far off 3.5 Million Dollars in my books.

My mistake, I take it on me, I did see it as 115K not 11.5K Sorry for the misunderstanding:

12 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

To be rude that way you have been are not the smartest I have seen, to say it lightly, there have been no reason what so ever to do so. I have not been inpatience, I writed several times that I can understand if they get delayed, and I do not think this is a scam, can I say it more clear so even you can understand it ?

You do realise they have like 400 thousand, not even close to 3 million. Also again they have a 9 man development team, unlike most company's,  who have multiple development teams, and normally an entire department dedicated to development. 

Furthermore, you have to realise that you are one of many who have posted the same basic, uninformed comments, which get rather annoying. Hell there are 3 or 4 threads dedicated to the delay alone. Also youR blanketed statements with no fact behind them are rather annoying, because you throw them as fact. An example is your gross over estimation of their funding, or the comparison of their devolpement to a large development house of a game creator. It shows you have taken little time to research, and have taken your own opinion as fact for Identity. 

Well first of all there have been videos out that sayd that first release (alpha most likley) would be out in 1Q 2017 it was not any promise, but sure something alot have hoped for, its delayed and im fine with it, and I fully understand it.

One of the videos I have been seen are here, and if you go to 1 min 55 sec in the clip you can see a timeline, on what was most likely to happen. - So my questions was not to step on anyone here, but out of interest, sorry dident know that was a problem,

Im also man enough to say that I was wrong about the numbers before, maby you should be man enough to say sorry for beeing rude, just a thought tho, I dont expect anything.

Best regards
Turaxis

Edited by Turaxis

To conclude, that the devs wont be very clear on dates. They are like THE1THEONLYGONZO said a 9 man team, which is very ambitious with this project. Now i guess we can assume that we will get hard feedback end of March middle of April, well i hope but honestly no promises xD. Its a very hard job to manage and even with large amount of money, the team will only give us final dates when they are satisfied. So i guess we just gotta watch the feed and hopefully we get something! But like NARC said, there are salty people that will complain if, what is given isn't up to scratch.

-Branden

Edited by FrankGriffin
  • Like 2

9 man dev team with 3 or 4 full time and the rest freelancer artists wanting to make a good first impression on their alpha module, if you can't get behind that and understand that then don't pledge and wait till you see the module, if you pledge to support the development, then bitch, dont do research and whinge on the forums about "there's no updates, there hasn't been updates for ages, this is a scam, this is too ambitious," then you can't expect other people to jump down your throat when you sit on here and try and discredit the developers and their hard work because you havent seen enough to please you. Impatient.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 1