KenBlackout

Police Department

on 6 jan. (that was Before you started this post)
Paratus (Project Lead) writed:

"When you first start out as a rookie cop, you'll begin patrolling and responding to dispatch calls. If there's a dispatcher online you can speak to them directly with your radio and if not it's handled by an automated system. As you progress you can unlock additional perks in the policing career and eventually you can experience new specialty roles like detective, SWAT, and so on.

A police officer can only ticket or arrest another player for something they are known to have committed. If a cop sees you speeding down the road, he then has the opportunity to ticket you. If he turns on his emergency lights and you refuse to pull over for him, the system will now allow him to charge you with resistance. That is, at the base level, how the system functions. Private servers have the option to remove all restrictions and leave it up to the discretion of the officer, although this system keeps the police in-line.

A lot more information on policing will be available on the website very shortly"

In other Words its automatic promotion system, not manually

here is the link to the thread.

Regarding my gramma, well im not from the US, or any English native country so yes I know there will be some gramma errors,(that will be that way for anyone that dont have it as native language) I can live with that, I do think its more important to stay to faq than it is correct gramma errors.

@Turaxis, what you're doing is jumping to conclusions that I don't see. No where in there does it state that promotions are automatic (I'm not saying they're not, simply that it doesn't say that). It just says after you progress (doesn't say by what means), more roles will be available to you.

For instance, after completing so many tasks, traffic stops, etc. you may be able to apply for Detective. There has to be a system in place for how they get promoted, such as Cheif, Captain, Lieutenants, etc. would have to vote on who they want to promote if 1 position is available and say for instance 5 people apply for that position.

Plus the department has to get their top positions somehow when the game first starts. I haven't seen anything that says how that will happen.

6 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

well then read here:

That's better... But then we're both right depending on the type of server it's for.

Its first time (what I know of) that we get info about the options on the private server regarding police. Thats why I sayd that on public server it will be with automatic promotions. - (based on what Paratus writed before).

On the private server (as Motown was writing today), it will be a setting that the owner can set people in diffrent pos. If you guys then want to do as a ellection, and then the owner set that person as a police chief on youre private server then thats something you should write about on a private site. And not put it out here on public, as for public servers.

A person that will run for guvonor on a private server, should not post about it here either.

I made a website that I will use for a private server, that I plan to set up, with my settings. - But I dont do a post here on the forum about those settings. And when I know what there will be for options, and how I will set them, then I will write about it on my own site, not here in public. If people want to know about those settings, then they can read on my site.

I had no intention to get anyone mad, just to correct what there will be options for on public servers, I still cant say much about the private servers, due to very little information on what there will be options for, and what there will be possible to change in the future on the private servers, and I dont want to speculate in it. But I will document it on my site when I know for sure. (Before and after settings).

Best regards
Turaxis

Edited by Turaxis

Although I won't be partaking, I am very happy to see that we have an actual squad to depend on! This is looking much better than I expected. Thank for keeping the island safe.

@Devonor Tyvm man we are trying

@Turaxis There will be an elected Governor on the island with a staff that has the ability to change how the police force works by passing new laws/infractions. Since as you shown us there will be a progressive track how will an officer know how to deal with that new law/infraction? How do we know the officer just doesn't get into a uniform to rob people? How do we know that a player uses the role to push their criminal enterprise by calling code 4 at scenes that are not? So in the end there needs to be an application process and a training process. While also leadership that can make the training, SOP's, and help and guide officers to make the right choice. 

• Like 1

@Kenblackout the game mechanics will not allow it, that have been sayd before, then closest you can do as police officer, to help criminals, are to let them go, but it will have a negative effect on youre own police career.

They sayd that they want to be sure that the police are doing police work, not just helping the criminals, so a police officer can not rob a bank, or do other criminal things, they made that through the game mechanics. Also one of the reasons they dont have undercover police, becuase that will open up to exploit the role as police, to use them do to criminal buisness (in the name that it is undercover), they want a clear line between police and criminals.

Edited by Turaxis