KenBlackout

Police Department

On 13/03/2017 at 8:34 PM, KenBlackout said:

As all of you know I am Kracken aka Ken Blackout from A3PL. I am here to finally set the Police Department into a formal world, as a hopeful leader. I am going to propose a rank system to you all after you're input. I want leaders to step up and assume high command positions I was our police officers to step up and fill this department. I have met many of you and I know you're experience hence the reason you were tagged. Invite people to come join us but lets structure this department better then we have been doing. My vision is to unite all our police in one area and set up a rank function so we can all better serve the community. I have thought over this decision long and hard but finally I had to grab the bull by the horns. I wish to head up the police department until someone is elected into the position. If elections are not needed I will hand the position over once we are finished building the police departments solid foundation. Let us officers unite for one common goal. Now for the fun part Positions:

Chief of Police: Kracken (If that's the census)

Assistant Chief of Police: @Lil_Fish

Captains: 2 Spots: Operations and Training @GotYourSix (Operations)

Lieutenant's: 4 Spots

Sergeant: 6 Spots

Senior Officer: 8 Spots

Officer: Unlimited Spots 

Cadets in Training: Up to Captain 

Specialty Jobs:

Detective: 4 Spots

Gang Task Force: 4 Spots

Drug Task Force: 4 Spots

Corrections: Head of corrections needed for this.

Discord Channel:  https://discord.gg/ZWV5dPe

Nothing is concrete I am willing to accept all changes and ideas.

Lets see if this idea works...............

Is there anyway to apply for these roles or is it just if you get chosen ? 

7 hours ago, DaHzxrd said:

Is there anyway to apply for these roles or is it just if you get chosen ? 

Sure, we do applications. You can send myself or KenBlackout a PM and see how ya do

4 hours ago, Lil_Fish said:

Sure, we do applications. You can send myself or KenBlackout a PM and see how ya do

Okay thanks. Where are the application questions you want me to answer ? 

On 3/27/2017 at 3:37 PM, Lil_Fish said:

The developers have stated that cops cannot go undercover unfortunately...

10-4 on that.

Edited by Arum04

Like Njayminsim1115 said, it might already be set up for you. The devs likely have a system in place, and they will decide who becomes the Captains and CoP.  Not just one person. From 2 and a half ears experience with Asylum Life and over a year being an officer in their Arma 3 servers and currently Corporal rank (which is the first rank that you have to pass a vote to get), I can tell you the system is not perfect but it's good for what it is and has a Chain of Command for promotions and such, not just on guy picking everyone. Plus CoP is decided by the admin team. I assume that in general, with adjustments for what new things the game has to offer, they will probably use the same general structure. Plus my guess is that, along with some people from this community, they'll probably get people they already know can handle the positions from Arma 3 to fill their positions. 

However, that being said, note that I said "I assume" and "my guess" and "probably", because in reality no one except the devs know what the system will be like and it could be completely different from Arma 3. I'm only using what I know from experience on their Arma 3 Asylum Life servers. I just don't want people to get ahead of themselves and find it ends up being completely different. 

Im all for proposing ideas for what it COULD be like, just know that doesn't means that that's going to be what it WILL be like. 

Edited by Dextrix

How will this all work, there are 1000+ player servers and different citys and towns, so what town / city will this be for or server and just this whole thing doesn't make sense.

Edited by YouKnowBro

2 hours ago, YouKnowBro said:

How will this all work, there are 1000+ player servers and different citys and towns, so what town / city will this be for or server and just this whole thing doesn't make sense.

Each server consist of the 3 towns on the island!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouKnowBro said:

Yes but there will be multiple servers with 3 towns each so, what town and server.

I see your a little confused and I'm trying explain this as easy as possible. So, every server is identical. They are one island with 3 towns on that island. You can choose what towns you live in on that island. Your server will be based on your location in real life. I hope this is making sense!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

I see your a little confused and I'm trying explain this as easy as possible. So, every server is identical. They are one island with 3 towns on that island. You can choose what towns you live in on that island. Your server will be based on your location in real life. I hope this is making sense!

So you are saying that every Official server will have the same police force for the same town..? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'm saying how this doesn't make sense to me when, first: The game isn't released yet. Second: There's different servers, exp; Multiple official server, private / community owned server, etc. Third: There will probably be a system in the released version of the game for this and you can't use this. And finally: There are multiple towns as you said to run for. So I don't see how any of this works besides passing the time as improvised roleplay until release or modules come out.

Also, you saying there are 3 towns isn't helping, i'm just trying to understand why people are running for governors and making up police roles when all of this is most likely not going to work. BTW I think the devs said that only some things will be carried over from official server to server. 

Edited by YouKnowBro

2 hours ago, YouKnowBro said:

So you are saying that every Official server will have the same police force for the same town..? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'm saying how this doesn't make sense to me when, first: The game isn't released yet. Second: There's different servers, exp; Multiple official server, private / community owned server, etc. Third: There will probably be a system in the released version of the game for this and you can't use this. And finally: There are multiple towns as you said to run for. So I don't see how any of this works besides passing the time as improvised roleplay until release or modules come out.

Also, you saying there are 3 towns isn't helping, i'm just trying to understand why people are running for governors and making up police roles when all of this is most likely not going to work. BTW I think the devs said that only some things will be carried over from official server to server. 

Okay, so Governers aren't governors of towns they are governors of the entire island, one governor per server. None of us know what server we'll be part of as of now. We're starting our campaigns so people know about what we plan to implement. If they are on our server they will be able to vote for us.

• Like 1

Havent been on as much as I'd want. Busy time of year for work. It'll slow down soon.

Count me in for a spot! Message me if you need anything.

@KenBlackout, I commend you on your efforts so far to set up a functioning police department. It appears to me that you really want to be Governor of the server you land on and I wish you luck with that. The road to governorship should be long and hard. I hope that is true in this case also. I do not know you and hope that you would be a good governor. We don't know the process that will be in place to elect a governor and I hope that if it is left up to the people that they don't just say "Let's make Kenblackout governor because he is the only one speaking up and wants to make a great police department." I hope there are proper elections put in place and everyone has fun getting to the point of electing a governor. If you become governor I wish you well at governing and hopefully building a good police department because in this world of shoot-em up bang-bang gaming, there will be far more criminals on the island than good guys. I just hope that we will be able to play the game and have fun without hiding in every nook and cranny to keep from either being robbed or killed. Good luck with the game and hope to see you in the town square.

10 minutes ago, Heymikie53 said:

@KenBlackout, I commend you on your efforts so far to set up a functioning police department. It appears to me that you really want to be Governor of the server you land on and I wish you luck with that. The road to governorship should be long and hard. I hope that is true in this case also. I do not know you and hope that you would be a good governor. We don't know the process that will be in place to elect a governor and I hope that if it is left up to the people that they don't just say "Let's make Kenblackout governor because he is the only one speaking up and wants to make a great police department." I hope there are proper elections put in place and everyone has fun getting to the point of electing a governor. If you become governor I wish you well at governing and hopefully building a good police department because in this world of shoot-em up bang-bang gaming, there will be far more criminals on the island than good guys. I just hope that we will be able to play the game and have fun without hiding in every nook and cranny to keep from either being robbed or killed. Good luck with the game and hope to see you in the town square.

You very kind and correct in complementing Ken on his doings, however, he isn't "the only one speaking up and wants to make a great police force"!

• Like 1

As all of you know I am Kracken aka Ken Blackout from A3PL. I am here to finally set the Police Department into a formal world, as a hopeful leader. I am going to propose a rank system to you all after you're input. I want leaders to step up and assume high command positions I was our police officers to step up and fill this department. I have met many of you and I know you're experience hence the reason you were tagged. Invite people to come join us but lets structure this department better then we have been doing. My vision is to unite all our police in one area and set up a rank function so we can all better serve the community. I have thought over this decision long and hard but finally I had to grab the bull by the horns. I wish to head up the police department until someone is elected into the position. If elections are not needed I will hand the position over once we are finished building the police departments solid foundation. Let us officers unite for one common goal. Now for the fun part Positions:

Chief of Police: Kracken (If that's the census)

Assistant Chief of Police: @Lil_Fish

Captains: 2 Spots: Operations and Training @GotYourSix (Operations)

Lieutenant's: 4 Spots

Sergeant: 6 Spots

Senior Officer: 8 Spots

Officer: Unlimited Spots 

Cadets in Training: Up to Captain 

Specialty Jobs:

Detective: 4 Spots

Gang Task Force: 4 Spots

Drug Task Force: 4 Spots

Corrections: Head of corrections needed for this.

Discord Channel:  https://discord.gg/ZWV5dPe

Nothing is concrete I am willing to accept all changes and ideas.

Lets see if this idea works...............

Edited 19 March by Kracken

---

As much as you (@Lil Fish) would like to share out diffrent spots, as giving youre self a spot in the top of the police. It is done with automatic promotions within the police. when a person have done x amount of jobs, then the person gets an offer to be promoted. -- It is not @Lil_Fish job to get people a spot there. - Its another thing when we talk about a private company. So im sorry, but I find this thread a bit waste of time, for all that joined, and read it through.

Yes, I would believe the devs already have structure for the force and it's not much of a choice like a campaign or business! 

• Like 1

@Heymikie53, @LuciousTimes, and @Turaxis 

First off I am running for Chief of Police not Governor. Also I see Turaxis does not like how myself or @Lil_Fish pick our top positions. Sadly currently its not about in the server experience if that is what you rather have then give the criminals a few weeks to get settled so they can knock the cops very fast. For a police department to work correctly on launch you need structure with experience in RL or Sim along with some people new to this field. You need structure and the ability to teach the police the Laws and server laws prior and during launch. A police department is not something just thrown together in two hours.

• Like 1

I dont mind you RP, but keep it to the FAQ, police career are automatic promotions, private Companys are manually promotions.
For me personal I dont plan to be part of the criminals or the police to begin with, so its not what I think, or like... I just stay to FAQ.  Maby you should try do the same @KenBlackout

All I was saying to Lil_Fish was that its not lil_fish job to give out spot within the police... the game mechanics are allready there to promote people when they have done what it takes to be promoted within the police.

Pretty much, being a Cop will be hard and dangerous. I did a poll and only 8% of 60 people wanted to be a cop

8 hours ago, Turaxis said:

I dont mind you RP, but keep it to the FAQ, police career are automatic promotions, private Companys are manually promotions.
For me personal I dont plan to be part of the criminals or the police to begin with, so its not what I think, or like... I just stay to FAQ.  Maby you should try do the same @KenBlackout

All I was saying to Lil_Fish was that its not lil_fish job to give out spot within the police... the game mechanics are allready there to promote people when they have done what it takes to be promoted within the police.

You seem very intense about this. Maybe it's possible that it wasn't known how the structure would be with this thread started, maybe we're doing this just in case something changes, or maybe you will have the option to promote on private servers. I don't know all the details about the game just like everyone else doesn't know the details, but I'd rather be prepared for something rather than nothing. Also, I alone am not the one who decides promotions or special team spots on the dept that we've got going. I'm not sure why I'm the one getting singled out here... Maybe if you don't like the thread or the ideas ideas we've got going, you could ignore it in the future? Sorry this thread seems to bother you I guess.

It have been known for quite some time that the police force, are made as career mode, and its with automatic promotions, it have been in FAQ for long time.. So if you are talking about private servers then you should have writed that to begin with, I did quote youre full post, and youre not mention it by one word. (so that is just a bad excuse)

Kenblackout, writed that he was running to police chief, thats simply not possible, (at least not on a public server, and most likely not on a private server either due to the career system). Its not based on peopels vote as it is for those that run for Govenor. Simply because of the career system with automatic promotion system within the police.  - I wanted to correct you @lil_fish and Kenblackout wheather you guys like it or not to remove any missunderstandings.

I really dont care about the ideas you and him have about the police force, (since I dont plan to be a part of it) IF it really was some good ideas for changing the game mechanics, you should post it the category Ideas. But as far as I could read I was more of a mix of wish thinking, and RP. I just wanted to say that it will not be possible, and there is really not much you can do about it.

Why should I choose not to correct you, when you are saying something that are not possible, and you get other people to start to think that this is the way it works, instead of staying to FAQ.  - And no I will not ignore that you when you come up with false statement.

Edited by Turaxis

@Turaxis, nothing I've said is meant to be an excuse... If it's been known for a long time, then maybe it hasn't been known to everyone. If you have proof of what you're saying to be true, I would actually like to see it so that I may better educate myself on this games setup/coding. Our intentions are not to come up with false statements, but to be prepared for what this game has to offer.

Also, you could choose not to correct me/us since the game isn't out yet and things can change or because I choose not to spend an hour or more correcting all of the grammatical errors you make because it doesn't bother me like this seems to be bothering you to much.