PhoenixFury

Robbing houses.

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys. So, a lot of people *Me included* are mad or sad that you can't break into peoples homes or anything like that. How about, if someone opens the door to their house. You're able to go into it, pull guns out, everything, and rob them once you're in there. That would seen cool and not actually OP because of how cautious a lot of people are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im very mad that i cant break into houses but my plan is to camp outside w/ guns and wait for a home owner to show up and threaten them to let me in there house rob em then escape :)

homealone.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PhoenixFury said:

Hey guys. So, a lot of people *Me included* are mad or sad that you can't break into peoples homes or anything like that. How about, if someone opens the door to their house. You're able to go into it, pull guns out, everything, and rob them once you're in there. That would seen cool and not actually OP because of how cautious a lot of people are. 

There is a problem with that. You need permissions to enter and specific permissions to move stuff. You cannot even have a gun in your hands when in the house to shoot it.

It is a safe zone pretty much and the devs will not change that.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think robbing houses would be a good think. It's a Safespace (Shout out to all my SJW) for the player were you can socially interact with people. 

-Noe Rock

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houses and apartments in Identity are intended to keep players safe from theft and grieving. Players don't want to lose personal items that they paid for. If there are those out there that don't like that fact I'd say go rob businesses and shipments so you can buy what you are after. This game is not about grieving other players. Identity is about interaction with the community and living out your dreams. But some dreams have no place in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up, I am positive there was a huge thread discussing the idea or B&E, Home Invasion, and Robbery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a cool concept but it pretty risky to have that feature since we arent sure whats gonna happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They really don't want to risk that, the whole rob inside your house thing, because of the need for safe zones and a good place to rest and AFK and whatever else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Honestly, with the amount of individuals that are going to be pursing a life of crime and the amount it costs to purchase a property like that.. your home (let's pretend people could break into) would be broken into every time you turned around. Ultimately, it wouldn't be worth it if that was the case unless only 1 person (or party) could break into your house per X amount of time.

In the real world, because crime comes with serious repercussions, people are stuck with a serious decision. Of course that's why most of today's criminals are lowlife dirt bag's who can't think more than a minute ahead. Otherwise maybe they'd consider what's actually coming and what they're actually risking when they do what they do.. or maybe they've got nothing to lose, don't care about themselves anymore, and generally have such a low self-esteem to as even worry about something like jail time; Some people are risk taker's, after all..

Of course though they're risking serious time, or worse.. death. This is why I personally support long jail times, sure people don't like it but that's the point! Jail sucks, get used to it; Regardless, you're not guilty if you don't get caught so put a little consideration into your next move. ;)

Over all let's consider a balancing act, a compromise; So when you begin to break into a house let's assume you have a lockpick (for a lock) or a crowbar (for a window), now let's say it takes 1 minute to successfully break into a home (based on your 'experience' (which I assume is a system they'll have).. A silent alarm (or evident one as configured by owner) could trigger notifying local law enforcement. Chances are, a patrol officer will happen to be nearby.. can ya guess what's next? Bad boy bad boy, whatchia gunna do... Yea, you get the picture. (I imagine the alarm will be purchasable so only people who actually have stuff they care about will have an alarm and you can only attempt to break into someone's house if an X amount of law enforcement are on to prevent abuse) - Ultimately if this were the system, I'd be happy to say I support the function to break into other people's homes.

Edited by Hill
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hill said:

Honestly, with the amount of individuals that are going to be pursing a life of crime and the amount it costs to purchase a property like that.. your home (let's pretend people could break into) would be broken into every time you turned around. Ultimately, it wouldn't be worth it if that was the case unless only 1 person (or party) could break into your house per X amount of time.

In the real world, because crime comes with serious repercussions, people are stuck with a serious decision. Of course that's why most of today's criminals are lowlife dirt bag's who can't think more than a minute ahead. Otherwise maybe they'd consider what's actually coming and what they're actually risking when they do what they do.. or maybe they've got nothing to lose, don't care about themselves anymore, and generally have such a low self-esteem to as even worry about something like jail time; Some people are risk taker's, after all..

Of course though they're risking serious time, or worse.. death. This is why I personally support long jail times, sure people don't like it but that's the point! Jail sucks, get used to it; Regardless, you're not guilty if you don't get caught so put a little consideration into your next move. ;)

Over all let's consider a balancing act, a compromise; So when you begin to break into a house let's assume you have a lockpick (for a lock) or a crowbar (for a window), now let's say it takes 1 minute to successfully break into a home (based on your 'experience' (which I assume is a system they'll have).. A silent alarm (or evident one as configured by owner) could trigger notifying local law enforcement. Chances are, a patrol officer will happen to be nearby.. can ya guess what's next? Bad boy bad boy, whatchia gunna do... Yea, you get the picture. (I imagine the alarm will be purchasable so only people who actually have stuff they care about will have an alarm and you can only attempt to break into someone's house if an X amount of law enforcement are on to prevent abuse) - Ultimately if this were the system, I'd be happy to say I support the function to break into other people's homes.

That's not what the developers are going to do. Sure, it would be realistic, but it would also create a lot of unhappy players and complaints.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a good idea they have not allowed you to break into people's home's or wait outside for them to open the door because this would just mean if they could break in all what you worked for all the time farming money to buy things you really wanted could be gone in a couple of minutes by someone just breaking in and robbing it all. And if you would have to wait for them to open the door this would really minimalism role play as people will just camp outside doing nothing until the person open's the door and then you will just get a gun rammed into your face and all they will want is what you will have inside and then they will disappear. Also if people get known for having a lot of money and people will find out where they live then all they can expect when coming onto the server is either everything in there apartment being stolen or as soon as they open the door they will be gun rushed and this will ruin the experience for them.  

Just my thoughts :).

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it happens in real life too,if you have a powerful door then the burglar couldn't get in easily,this is the job of police to stop the crime,i realy want to see raid base in the game because its an important part of the roleplay,and its gonna be really unrealistic if you cant raid bases,but every citizen should have keys on them and not giving them to unknown persons and in the night they should lock the doors and windows of the house. thats all from me. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda torn on the robbing house thing...it could be a great way to add things like insurance, and security/alarm systems. But only if it were done right. You can't go in an empty someone's house. Taking everything they worked for...but...if it were like a mini game,  like prison, and only certain things could be stolen. Tv's radio's, computers, maybe even some cash left on the dresser. I think it could add a risk managment element to the game. But I feel not in apts, since apts are pretty much apts, existing within each other. But getting house insurance, is necessary,  it can be something that could add some extra risk to home ownership. Or maybe it could be a mini game, and there are specific "npc" houses that you can sneak into and try to rob, different skills give different choices on how to execute your plan and/or different difficulty housees with better security and booty...just my 25 cents

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should make it an privet server option.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Danny said:

They should make it an privet server option.

+1

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2017 at 9:31 PM, HypeBeast said:

It would be a cool concept but it pretty risky to have that feature since we arent sure whats gonna happen

(Cough) gmod darkrp (cough)

 

PS. Terrible idea

Edited by YouKnowBro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.3.2017 at 5:52 AM, JaviFoxX said:

im very mad that i cant break into houses but my plan is to camp outside w/ guns and wait for a home owner to show up and threaten them to let me in there house rob em then escape :)

homealone.jpg

if you enter the house: you won't be able to attack, the homeowner will call the police and yeah, he will probably lock the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...you're all arguing over the need for the apartment to be a safe-space, and that the developers don't want to "risk" it.

What are they risking? Why not just simply have it as a customisable server option where breaking and entering is permitted with a police player count requirement? If people want to go to an apartment and not have it broken into, where people can only come and look at your stuff and that's it, then play the official servers. If you want to have break-ins, home security, and the rest that goes with it, then have the option enabled on your custom server...

I'm failing to see what the big problem is. In the end, on the official servers without B&E, players won't be interested in coming over to your house, to see what crap you've put in there. You'll get maybe one visitor a week to your house that's happy to sit there and look at what generic rubbish you've painted and hung on your wall, or what shade you decided to make your upholstery... the vast majority of players won't be interested. It's like in real-life, how many of you have gone round to your friends house just to see the new painting they decided to put up in the hallway, or where they've moved their sofa to as part of a furniture re-arrangement? Hardly any of you...

In my opinion, B&E gives apartments an actual purpose, as well as a purpose to decorate and furnish them. If all it is is a safe place to be AFK, then what's the actual point of decorating it if you're AFK and the only one that could see it?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now