I believe that the legalization of marijuana is inevitable and I'm personally for it. This is going to be important for the citizens of the great island of identity and will help stimulate the economy. You may smoke it freely!

The way I would set it up is that you must get a permit and storefront to sell marijuana. You can only sell in those stores to protect the integrity of the businesses that choose to sell. There will be a small tax on the sale of marijuana.

Anyone caught trying to undercut the tax and legit businesses by selling the drug will be fined heavily. Although there will be no jail time since this is not considered a violent crime unless involved with a gang known to be violent. You will only get fines starting with 50$ on the first offense then doubling every time you are caught. The reason I wouldn't throw you in jail is because again it's not a violent crime and that would just be a huge governmental waste on your tax dollars. The government would have to pay for your food while in jail, the space you take up in jail, the officers time, and many more factors that would be disadvantageous for the government to pursue that route. 

Tax rate: 6-10%

I feel like the legalization of marijuana would also limit the profits of gangs trying to profit in that area and thus limit crime in that area.

Questions? Please ask and I will try to respond to the best of my ability.

Note: Since the game isn't out there is no promises due to the possible limitations that we don't know about yet.

Copy of Vote101.jpg

Edited by RogerTheShrubber
Font color
  • Like 1

Oh dear. You just excluded yourself from my list of people I may potentially vote for. I can't stand these potheads who think that they are doctors. Marijuana does harm you whether you like it or not. You can view the NHS's official report on effects of cannabis on the body here. I well and truly despise the attitude of "oh its just a plant" or "its natural", because that logic and thought process is quite frankly bullshit. Cyanide comes from nature, it is in nuts, fruits and beans and cyanide is a poison that will kill and I quote, "90% of 43 people in 3-6 hours". 

Cannabis is a health risk, and while I am certainly for the use of medical marijuana, legalising the recreational use just shows how childish and misinformed you are.

18 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Oh dear. You just excluded yourself from my list of people I may potentially vote for. I can't stand these potheads who think that they are doctors. Marijuana does harm you whether you like it or not. You can view the NHS's official report on effects of cannabis on the body here. I well and truly despise the attitude of "oh its just a plant" or "its natural", because that logic and thought process is quite frankly bullshit. Cyanide comes from nature, it is in nuts, fruits and beans and cyanide is a poison that will kill and I quote, "90% of 43 people in 3-6 hours". 

Cannabis is a health risk, and while I am certainly for the use of medical marijuana, legalising the recreational use just shows how childish and misinformed you are.

Keep in mind I'm running for a party here and had to make compromises with them. On the other hand I understand your argument, I never said it's natural and my views are right in nature much like the argument you proposed to me here. The fact that I made compromises with the people of my party shows that I'm willing to be flexible and make compromises with you (the people) as well. I never wanted to sound like a pothead, but I just want to use this to make more money and business on the great island of identity. Now if for the varying wide reason this may not work and become a problem the law will be withdrawn. Again if something is broke i'm going to fix it.

I thank you for your feedback and constructive criticism concerning this matter. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RogerTheShrubber said:

Keep in mind I'm running for a party here and had to make compromises with them. On the other hand I understand your argument, I never said it's natural and my views are right in nature much like the argument you proposed to me here. The fact that I made compromises with the people of my party shows that I'm willing to be flexible and make compromises with you (the people) as well. I never wanted to sound like a pothead, but I just want to use this to make more money and business on the great island of identity. Now if for the varying wide reason this may not work and become a problem the law will be withdrawn. Again if something is broke i'm going to fix it.

I thank you for your feedback and constructive criticism concerning this matter. 

Well you just made yourself back on my list. I have made criticisms about other candidates and they seem to go into full defensive mode and turn it into a full blown argument. You regarded my points, admitted they make sense and are saying you will consider them if and when your own system doesn't work out. Very respectable response, I appreciate that a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Well you just made yourself back on my list. I have made criticisms about other candidates and they seem to go into full defensive mode and turn it into a full blown argument. You regarded my points, admitted they make sense and are saying you will consider them if and when your own system doesn't work out. Very respectable response, I appreciate that a lot.

You as well my good sir, I thank you for presenting your argument respectively and professionally. 

• Like 1