Sign in to follow this  
Mikeybeast9

Politician Limits

I was thinking something like, the governor/mayor/other once elected they serve 1 month in their position and can serve up to 15 terms but NOT in succession.

Example:

First month: Player A beats Player B and C in election and serves the term

Second Month: Player B and C can run for office, but not Player A (but he still has 14 more terms available in thier career). Player B wins

Third Month: Player A is now eligible to serve another term, however player B is not

You get the point

I believe a set term limit may be the best option. 

What ever the length of a term in office is, perhaps only allow a max of 2-3 terms for each possible character. 

Also 14 terms is a lot, considering most politics end game is Presidency or in this case, being Governor. Once in said position, it should be considered the climax of your career, because you most likely had to put in time as a local congressman and worked your way up to senator status to final get the opportunity to become Governor. 

I get in the beginning we may have a set governor, who didn't need to put in the work to get there, and there may be some after our first governor to do the same. We will get to a point tho, shortly after launch, where politians actions in game will mean more than their promises in these threads and posts.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

What ever the length of a term in office is, perhaps only allow a max of 2-3 terms for each possible character. 

Also 14 terms is a lot, considering most politics end game is Presidency or in this case, being Governor. Once in said position, it should be considered the climax of your career, because you most likely had to put in time as a local congressman and worked your way up to senator status to final get the opportunity to become Governor. 

I get in the beginning we may have a set governor, who didn't need to put in the work to get there, and there may be some after our first governor to do the same. We will get to a point tho, shortly after launch, where politians actions in game will mean more than their promises in these threads and posts.  

I keep forgetting you can you have multiple characters, 2-3 terms does seem pretty reasonable if you consider that. Though i think the first set of government should be voted still

37 minutes ago, Mikeybeast9 said:

I keep forgetting you can you have multiple characters, 2-3 terms does seem pretty reasonable if you consider that. Though i think the first set of government should be voted still

Oh I agree completely about voting in the government!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikeybeast9 said:

I was thinking something like, the governor/mayor/other once elected they serve 1 month in their position and can serve up to 15 terms but NOT in succession.

Example:

First month: Player A beats Player B and C in election and serves the term

Second Month: Player B and C can run for office, but not Player A (but he still has 14 more terms available in thier career). Player B wins

Third Month: Player A is now eligible to serve another term, however player B is not

You get the point

2 hours ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

I think it being 2 terms and it being 3 weeks is a term but. say like you have 2/3 weeks = you main term time, the third week of the term is to prepare for the next election. You can only have 2 consecutive terms as governor but after say a year, you can become governor again 2 times. This would allow that you don't have the chance to stop other people from being governor. (This is my Opinion of what it should be like).

• Like 3

Highly disagree with the idea based on the sole premise that certain players literally intend to function as politicians throughout their entire experience within the game. Thus, the rule should involve providing politicians with the ability to be elected TWO TIMES IN A ROW, identical to the modern-day "eight year terms" (it shall be measured in months within the game). However, after the completion of a maximum of two terms within office, the politician cannot function as a candidate for the elections until the completion of ONE term prior to possessing the opportunity to attain 1-2 terms within office.

It would be unfair for politicians to be forced to quit their career after their fifteen-term limit.