Sign in to follow this  
JohnNYBlaze

Living off the Land...Survivalist Career?

I wonder, since ppl can actually live off the land, will there b a career option for the survivalists to teach people how to survive off the land?

I don't think there will be a career option for that, I think if you wanted to teach people how to survive it would be more of just a roleplay aspect. If you wanted too I guess you could always just charge people for teaching them xD , but I don't think there will be an actual career for survivalists ingrained into the game. You can be a park ranger ,though, so that might be the closest thing to a survivalist career, however, that is listed under the law enforcement career! You could try asking the devs through their twitter if you want a more definite answer! ^_^ 

• Like 4

I would personally like to see a live off land type of option. Although the decision is made for now, maybe in future updates? 

8 hours ago, Karl_Wilson said:

I would personally like to see a live off land type of option. Although the decision is made for now, maybe in future updates? 

You don't need a career for it. You can do it yourself, and if you want to teach people then you can teach it in the university area.

Being a Survivalist is upto you bro, as, like stated, it is not available as a career path. 

From what devs have told us about it sounds like there are elements one would need for survival, and you could even still follow another career path as a Survivalist (Professor of Survival Skills, Host of a Survival Show, etc) 

Very cool idea tho, and I hope some characters become wicked survivalists. 

It should not be challenging for one to either reside within a trailer or sleeping bag while surviving on boiled water from the river and cooked meat from hunted animals. However, one cannot truthfully remain 100% independent from the state based on the sole premise that one would be expected to invest in a hunting rifle. Otherwise, it would be challenging for one to hunt animals, unless one intends to conduct theft on a local farmer's crops.

55 minutes ago, Mentality said:

That's not a career. A career involves payment. Survivalist is a way of life.

Get paid to teach people the "way of life" to survive

4 minutes ago, MichaelD said:

Get paid to teach people the "way of life" to survive

Getting paid to teach people the "way of life" to survive? Sounds like you should call it Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts instead of Survivalist Class. And there won't be any children in Identity. The developers want realism and "the average everyday life" in Identity. And I've never even thought Survivalist classes existed. Usually the kinds of things you learn about living in the wild are from Scouts or it's handed down from within the family. There are guides, but I don't know if the developers will even add that as a career. Hunting looks to be straightforward, I doubt there will be any wild plantlife that can be consumed, we don't know if the weather will have adverse effects on our character's bodies, and I'm sure there will be an in-game map.

11 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Getting paid to teach people the "way of life" to survive? Sounds like you should call it Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts instead of Survivalist Class. And there won't be any children in Identity. The developers want realism and "the average everyday life" in Identity. And I've never even thought Survivalist classes existed. Usually the kinds of things you learn about living in the wild are from Scouts or it's handed down from within the family. There are guides, but I don't know if the developers will even add that as a career. Hunting looks to be straightforward, I doubt there will be any wild plantlife that can be consumed, we don't know if the weather will have adverse effects on our character's bodies, and I'm sure there will be an in-game map.

IF you want to call some of the people here boy or girl scouts go ahead lol. You can teach people at the university for lessons, and in theory you could get paid. There will most likely be plant life if there is animal life too. The map will be on your smart phone, but for people who wanna be a survivalist, they can choose to not use the map. Remember this is an RP game, player driven.

1 hour ago, MichaelD said:

IF you want to call some of the people here boy or girl scouts go ahead lol. You can teach people at the university for lessons, and in theory you could get paid. There will most likely be plant life if there is animal life too. The map will be on your smart phone, but for people who wanna be a survivalist, they can choose to not use the map. Remember this is an RP game, player driven.

The teaching won't be paid but more an extra RP aspect! but could be paid yes.

Edited by JamesLuck01

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The teaching won't be paid but more an extra RP aspect! but could be paid yes.

Yea students paying the teacher for the RP since there isn't a official mechanic for that.

Why shouldn't individuals learn the ethical methods towards surviving within the wilderness in exchange for in-game currency? It would be interesting if one were to learn the methods towards hunting an animal within certain climates of the map. For example, hunting within a swamp compared to a forest or the mountains.