DJRockXD

Hunting & Living in the woods

Hello. I am planning on buying Identity founder pack, bu before that I would like to know a few things about the hunting career:

1. How will it work.

2. How many animals will there be to hunt.

3. Is living in the woods a possibility? (Like, a hunting shack, or a possibility to get wood and make a small house for my self)

4. How big is the forest area?

5. This is a bit more about pets but, I wanna role-play as a hunter, and so I wanna have a hunting dog with me. Is that possible? 

Thanks and have a good day! :)

• Like 1

I can answer question 3 and question 5.

3. You can live in the woods, chop down trees and stuff, but you can't build buildings. You can get a camper van to live in though. You can hunt animals, chop trees for firewood, cook and eat the animals to survive. You can play identity as a survival game.

5.Pets can only stay in your house for now, but the game will get updated eventually to allow pets to go outside your house, so at launch you can't have a hunting dog, but maybe later.

I hope I helped.

• Like 1

I was wondering about this aspect of living off the land as well. Also goin a step further tho and make a job at teaching others to be able to survive off the land. I wonder if they will have stars we can use to find our way, if we get turned around in some forest or mountains. For ppl that dont wanna just use the map and immerse themselves as much as possible. Maybe plants that can be picked, to be eaten, and knowing which plants are ok to eat and which would be poisonous 

10 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I was wondering about this aspect of living off the land as well. Also goin a step further tho and make a job at teaching others to be able to survive off the land. I wonder if they will have stars we can use to find our way, if we get turned around in some forest or mountains. For ppl that dont wanna just use the map and immerse themselves as much as possible. Maybe plants that can be picked, to be eaten, and knowing which plants are ok to eat and which would be poisonous 

Wow. I never thought about it to this extent. Maybe there is an ideas post in which you can share your ideas with people? Even though I think that going all out hermit in the wilds without interaction with other people is waisting the real potential of the game, its up to you :D But I think your ideas are awesome. I'll look for a post in which you can share ideas. It might be seen by the devs to be honest..

On 25/02/2017 at 5:01 PM, DJRockXD said:

Hello. I am planning on buying Identity founder pack, bu before that I would like to know a few things about the hunting career:

1. How will it work.

3. Is living in the woods a possibility? (Like, a hunting shack, or a possibility to get wood and make a small house for my self)

5. This is a bit more about pets but, I wanna role-play as a hunter, and so I wanna have a hunting dog with me. Is that possible? 

You can 100% live in the forest only at hunting, you have a forest's food and drink and you don't need to go in city 

14 hours ago, DJRockXD said:

" Even though I think that going all out hermit in the wilds without interaction with other people is waisting the real potential of the game, its up to you :D But I think your ideas are awesome. I'll look for a post in which you can share ideas. It might be seen by the devs to be honest.."

I actually expanded on this in another post about survivalist career path, or job. And I really dont think it will take away the immersion, as much as add to it...Its just another way to experience Identity. I dont know how it will work but i wanna go thru as many different ways of living and surviving on Identity as i can. Really, Immerse myself sometimes, like maybe...just walk out of my house/apt one day. And pretend i own nothing, start all over so to speak...go live in the woods till i can work my way back to civilization, just to see how it is...experience another way to play, or practice for when and if Identity get Disasters. Im just brainstorming...spit ballin'...

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 2:18 PM, JohnNYBlaze said:

I actually expanded on this in another post about survivalist career path, or job. And I really dont think it will take away the immersion, as much as add to it...Its just another way to experience Identity. I dont know how it will work but i wanna go thru as many different ways of living and surviving on Identity as i can. Really, Immerse myself sometimes, like maybe...just walk out of my house/apt one day. And pretend i own nothing, start all over so to speak...go live in the woods till i can work my way back to civilization, just to see how it is...experience another way to play, or practice for when and if Identity get Disasters. Im just brainstorming...spit ballin'...

also in the woods you would be that well know person that has knowledge about everything in the game so people come to you and think of you as the grand master in identity RPG that lives in a far away land or my RP hype is to high.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:01 AM, DJRockXD said:

1. How will it work.

1.player driven economy and also buy the 30.00 dollar version because that is the cheapest on to get all the beta, alpha and full game (buy it soon because the alpha/first module is coming out around the end of march and once it comes out the price raises and you can't get the alpha/beta.

2.we don't know yet but there will be a lot of animals.

3.yes living in the woods is a possibility also there are swamp shacks and stuff like that in the forest.

4. we don't know yet but around the size worth of the gta5 map since the actual gta5 map is 50 square kilometer but identity RPG will be 250 square kilometers

5.no pets can not come out of your home/living space and pets won't be added until the full release.

I would say get a pledge that is within your budget, and what you feel shows your love for what you hope Identity can become. They need all the help they can get. The more pledges they get the more they can accomplish, to release the experience we all know we want it to be, more pledges can also translate into more developers which means delegated work which gets things done faster. Look at each pledge and see what works for yoi, and how much of a headstart you want when Identity releases

On 2/24/2017 at 3:01 AM, DJRockXD said:

1. How will it work.

I had no idea that hunting would be a career. Sure, you can eat the meat, and possibly sell it, but that still doesn't sound like a career to me.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:01 AM, DJRockXD said:

1. How will it work.

Yes, you will able to "live off the land" as to what animals currently all we know are deer and maybe birds.

Also sadly pets are confined to living area although I believe that was already said.

I as am hoping to do hunting, farming,fishing, as a carrier be able to sell you goods to others and suppler  a cabin in the wood would be cool

I am going to reside in a rural area and live off the grid. i hope theres going to be the ability to get your own electricity and water well. also hope there is going to be both old and new american pickup trucks to haul stuff with.

On 2/24/2017 at 7:29 AM, SkinnierSteve said:

I can answer question 3 and question 5.

3. You can live in the woods, chop down trees and stuff, but you can't build buildings. You can get a camper van to live in though. You can hunt animals, chop trees for firewood, cook and eat the animals to survive. You can play identity as a survival game.

5.Pets can only stay in your house for now, but the game will get updated eventually to allow pets to go outside your house, so at launch you can't have a hunting dog, but maybe later.

I hope I helped.

Wow!! Thanks for this answer. I wonder how many people a camper can hold? I'm guessing 1 for now? It would be great to go camping/survival with friends.

Democrats want to help and support the hunters and those who live in the countryside. If you want to build a small house, you are right here, because we want to make you happy, just like those in the city. Maybe there will be a plan for building houses in the contryside. Look at the Democratic Party

If you have any questions on our system or other political questions, asks chairman Maurice Clinton (Democratic Party)

be53a4_c18d2e0adf13465fbe78a19281969729~

6 hours ago, MauriceClinton said:

If you want to build a small house, you are right here, because we want to make you happy, just like those in the city. Maybe there will be a plan for building houses in the contryside. Look at the Democratic Party

You can't build a house, it's confirmed. If you could then the system would be abused, relentlessly. Don't promise things that you have no control over. Also, this is shameless promotion, this is a thread about hunting, not about promoting your campaign. There is no relation between your statements and voting for the democratic party, and I really hope that you can realize that you will not gain votes by doing this. Please don't comment irrelevant things that don't contribute to the conversation. 

Also,

I don't think hunting will be a career. We know that there are two types of jobs, careers and part-time jobs(for lack of a better term). You can activate career mode then start to work, if you are a cop then you go to the police station and activate career mode. You get your gun, handcuffs, ect. When you are done then you turn off career mode and go home. Then there are the part-time jobs, delivering pizzas, stuff like that. I think hunting will be similar to that, where there is no passive income. This will allow people to have a career, and also hunt. 

45 minutes ago, yellowhero12 said:

You can't build a house, it's confirmed. If you could then the system would be abused, relentlessly. Don't promise things that you have no control over. Also, this is shameless promotion, this is a thread about hunting, not about promoting your campaign. There is no relation between your statements and voting for the democratic party, and I really hope that you can realize that you will not gain votes by doing this. Please don't comment irrelevant things that don't contribute to the conversation. 

Also,

I don't think hunting will be a career. We know that there are two types of jobs, careers and part-time jobs(for lack of a better term). You can activate career mode then start to work, if you are a cop then you go to the police station and activate career mode. You get your gun, handcuffs, ect. When you are done then you turn off career mode and go home. Then there are the part-time jobs, delivering pizzas, stuff like that. I think hunting will be similar to that, where there is no passive income. This will allow people to have a career, and also hunt. 

No,No,No. You should think, before you write, not write before you think. I said that there will maybe a plan for this. MAYBE do you know the word. I hope. Your acting is unbelievable. It's true.

19 hours ago, MauriceClinton said:

No,No,No. You should think, before you write, not write before you think. I said that there will maybe a plan for this. MAYBE do you know the word. I hope. Your acting is unbelievable. It's true.

The devs already confirmed it. "Your acting is unbelievable", well your grammar is unbelievable. I would imagine that you are some 12 year old who was a die hard Hillary supporter. You are the worst candidate by far. Please stop being a cringe factory. 

13 hours ago, dragon_12dk said:

I would like a tent...

Tents appear to be fixed at camping sites. When I first heard this, I was kinda saddened by it. So as an alternative I hope we'll be able to set up camping chairs/tables next to our RV. We can drive that one to where we want, so I hope outside of city limits, we'll be able to set up items on free ground.

• Like 1

I also wish to live off grid. Since we cannot own a tent and place it where we wish, buying an RV is the next best thing. It is called Boondocking. The RV would have everything needed, stove, hot & cold water, toilets, shower, beds, table, refrigerator/freezer etc etc. There is also some storage available under RVS in the compartments so that should be able to hold goods such as canned food and gas and such. You could also possibly have ice chests to store any fish or meat you may catch or hunt down for selling later. Could even possibly store a limited amount of timber there as well.