Pro-Genius

Purchasing with prepaid cards

16 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

the thing you guys have to remember is that the devs can't help certain countries blocking paypal, they use paypal because it's direct and secure, using just a debit or credit card is direct too can be more easily intercepted than paypal.

• you guys are doing a great job with identity, i wish everyone could have easy access to pledging but these things do happen and it is out of your control so to speak, obviously there may be other options of payment but as you say James it's unlikely that one will appear anytime soon.

other than that keep up the good work you're doing

Don't talk to me like I am a dev or anything to do with the game. I am not, and clearly just a community member who like to help who also has a lot of information towards the game. 

The person who i spoke to don't know if there will be other options to pay with before the pledges change, but it is possible. He did not say it won't happen. Please read more carefully. The guy I spoke to is not the guy who sorts that stuff out and so he really don't know, but keep in mind that it may do or not.

5 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

to be honest people should only be playing identity if they're going to take it seriously, it's a life simulator and in real life you don't just go gangbanging random people, only kind of people who kill for no reason are messed up lunatics in which case you sure as hell wouldn't be playing an online game

I only want to play with somebody that immerses themselves in their character. I don't want them to feel like "It's just a character, oh well." I want them to feel anxious about danger and fear death. Because that's the only way to get good RP out a person.

33 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Don't talk to me like I am a dev or anything to do with the game. I am not, and clearly just a community member who like to help who also has a lot of information towards the game. 

The person who i spoke to don't know if there will be other options to pay with before the pledges change, but it is possible. He did not say it won't happen. Please read more carefully. The guy I spoke to is not the guy who sorts that stuff out and so he really don't know, but keep in mind that it may do or not.

i sincerely apologize if I've caused offense, you're a very helpful community member no doubt about that, i've seen you on the forums a lot i just assumed you were close knit with devs is all

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

i sincerely apologize if I've caused offense, you're a very helpful community member no doubt about that, i've seen you on the fourms a lot i just assumed you were close knit with devs is all

I don't want anyone thinking I am apart of that team, because I do not deserve any of the credit they deserve and same as I am not a volunteer mod either and would not want someone to say I am something when it is not true.

5 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

Guys do not go far from the context of the topic , i'm still waiting for @Motown or @HairyGrenade response

I gave the response of someone I asked. The response is on the other page. 

52 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

So now definetly there is no way to partcipate into modules and beta , REALLY BAD NEWS :(

as you have already seen it from this is what you said in response, but this response is not appropriate because I didn't say it wouldn't happen but more that there is a possible chance. The person I spoke with was not certain as he does not deal with that sort of thing (Payments). but it could be that it will happen soon with changes and giving alternate payment methods before the pledges / prices of them change.

• Like 1

You should be able to use a prepaid card. There is a pay with debit/credit card option when you go to buy a package. Prepaid cards act like normal credit/debit cards. No need to make a Paypal account. Unless I'm misunderstanding this, which I oft do.

Edited by facade

Just now, facade said:

You should be able to use a prepaid card. There is a pay with debit/credit card option when you go to buy a package. Prepaid cards act like normal credit/debit cards. No need to make a Paypal account. Unless I'm misunderstanding this, which I oft do.

No , when you click donate it's automatcally redirect you to PayPal site.

Just now, JamesLuck01 said:

I don't want anyone thinking I am apart of that team, because I do not deserve any of the credit they deserve and same as I am not a volunteer mod either and would not want someone to say I am something when it is not true.

I gave the response of someone I asked. The response is on the other page. 

as you have already seen it from this is what you said in response, but this response is not appropriate because I didn't say it wouldn't happen but more that there is a possible chance. The person I spoke with was not certain as he does not deal with that sort of thing (Payments). but it could be that it will happen soon with changes and giving alternate payment methods before the pledges / prices of them change.

I really hope that.

4 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

No , when you click donate it's automatcally redirect you to PayPal site.

Yes, but there is "Or Pay with debit/credit card" option below where you would login to Paypal.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

Just now, facade said:

Yes, but there is "Or Pay with debit/credit card" option below where you would login to Paypal.

Capture.PNG

But it's debit or Credit Card , not Prepaid , there is a different i think.

But it's debit or Credit Card , not Prepaid , there is a different i think.

As long as it's a prepaid debit card, it shouldn't matter, they behave the same way. If it has a visa, mastercard, etc logo on it then it is the same.

Just now, facade said:

As long as it's a prepaid debit card, it shouldn't matter, they behave the same way. If it has a visa, mastercard, etc logo on it then it is the same.

I think there is a difference between debit card and prepaid card.

Well actually i'm 21 years old but i don't have a bank account , credit and debit cards required Bank Account to own them , but prepaid cards not required Bank Account , so that i asked for it.

6 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

Well actually i'm 21 years old but i don't have a bank account , credit and debit cards required Bank Account to own them , but prepaid cards not required Bank Account , so that i asked for it.

Yes, we have these in my country too and they also don't require a bank account. 

If it has a credit/debit card logo on it, it should work. Does it? If so, try it, can't hurt. Unless you already have.

Edited by facade

Just now, facade said:

Yes, we have these in my country too and they also don't require a bank account. 

If it has a credit/debit card logo on it, it should work. Does it? If so, try it, can't hurt. Unless you already have.

No ,i don't own prepaid card yet , but it's easy to have one.

But actually i don't want to Chrage it with 30 $ then site declined the request.

No ,i don't own prepaid card yet , but it's easy to have one.

But actually i don't want to Charge it with 30 $ then site declined the request.

If you can use these cards on any other website store, then I don't see why it would decline it. In worst case scenario, you can still use your prepaid card for other purchases right?

Just now, facade said:

If you can use these cards on any other website store, then I don't see why it would decline it. In worst case scenario, you can still use your prepaid card for other purchases right?

To be honest , it's the first time to purchase any stuff from the Internet , also it's my first use of a prepaid card , but this Game is deserve to be supported so that i'm trying to pledge ,, also i don't need to use the prepaid card to buy anything else because i'm not a fan of buying from the Internet.

8 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

To be honest , it's the first time to purchase any stuff from the Internet , also it's my first use of a prepaid card , but this Game is deserve to be supported so that i'm trying to pledge ,, also i don't need to use the prepaid card to buy anything else because i'm not a fan of buying from the Internet.

If they work as debit and credit cards online, then they should also work in physical stores where you can use the same. I would ask the attendants that work at the store where you're getting a prepaid card from if they can be used like credit cards, because that's the only other way you're going to get a definitive answer.

Edited by facade

1 hour ago, Krebork said:

Same. I hate seeing this game compared to GTA because it's not even remotely similar. This game should be a community, and I think that's one of the most important concepts for its success. And right now I feel that the community part of it may be compromised.

There will be laws in the game. If players don't follow the law and get caught they will be spending time in prison. And if players are rude for too long there is a system that will boot players from the server. I'm sure the game will have a great community, not every player will be a douche.

31 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

Nope, you can use a pre paid card as a debit card. I've done it plenty of times for when the bank takes my money out of my account immediately after I put it in. My solve is to go buy a debit card, put some money on there and pay my Xbox Live Gold like that. And Xbox Live only accepts Debit, Credit or PayPal. So Pre Paid technically counts as Debit my friend.

@facade & @Arky  So if you are both rigth about that , i may get a prepaid card and charge it then filling this form , then i have Done with purchase !

But if it's simple like that , why moderators never said something like that before ?

Capturee.jpg

44 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

I have a prepaid debit card. Guess that makes my card the mutant offspring of debit and prepaid cards lol.

20 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

@facade & @Arky  So if you are both rigth about that , i may get a prepaid card and charge it then filling this form , then i have Done with purchase !

But if it's simple like that , why moderators never said something like that before ?

Capturee.jpg

I guess they just assumed people would've known. It's an easy mistake to make man.

Just now, Arky said:

I guess they just assumed people would've known. It's an easy mistake to make man.

I think now we need an official respone about this due to its importance.

52 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

I think now we need an official respone about this due to its importance.

I think that you have the reply you was asking in that page, so you buy or not, simple like that. If you don't have the card yet, so your time is passing, soon the prices will go up. ;)