Sign in to follow this  
Caboose

under cover cop loophole?

the precinct could get regular civilians to go under cover and give them a firearm and just walk/drive around. or maybe a bounty hunter. do you guys think this would be possible? what are your comments?

38 minutes ago, batistaa66 said:

the precinct could get regular civilians to go under cover and give them a firearm and just walk/drive around. or maybe a bounty hunter. do you guys think this would be possible? what are your comments?

No cops can't give people police firearms and so would have to be out of their own pocket. This would not work because even if the cop does this sort of thing he could be demoted/ banned from being a cop for a certain time due to corruption being forbidden on official servers, however on private servers they may be able to be corrupt but could risk same punishment and jail time if caught.

what if someone wanted to be a vigilante on their own? and the precinct and the podium knows who he/she is and looks the other way or just says "i didn't know" and if he/she gets a court hearing, all the jurors know him/her and just lets them off? there's always going to be someone who will think of something that the devs will have overlooked.

1 hour ago, batistaa66 said:

what if someone wanted to be a vigilante on their own? and the precinct and the podium knows who he/she is and looks the other way or just says "i didn't know" and if he/she gets a court hearing, all the jurors know him/her and just lets them off? there's always going to be someone who will think of something that the devs will have overlooked.

Well them being a vigilante is just another way to be a criminal. They can be arrested and also if the cop don't try to do the job then he will most likely lose his/ her job in the process.

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well them being a vigilante is just another way to be a criminal. They can be arrested and also if the cop don't try to do the job then he will most likely lose his/ her job in the process.

but what if the whole community is in on helping him/her out?

4 minutes ago, batistaa66 said:

well on official servers that would probably be no excuse. The system will see him/ her as corrupt and so will demote him/ her. If it is a community server then it may be a different story.

22 hours ago, batistaa66 said:

You need to take real world implications into consideration when trying to create roles for yourself in Identity.

It is known that people who uphold the law (Police officers, members of court, etc) do not encourage vigilantes - why?

"Because almost by definition a vigilante will wind up breaking laws in their attempts to impose their own untrained, unsupervised, disorganised view of what the law is and how it should be enforced. If a cop shows up during or after an encounter between a vigilante and a "criminal", they now have twice as many people to deal with, worry about, and possibly even arrest". (source)

Any well trained Police officer in Identity will know better than to assist a vigilante.

Obviously there might be one or two undisciplined Officers who think differently..
(Don't you dare bring Batman movies into this)

But the vast majority will know better, which throws:

20 hours ago, batistaa66 said:

Out of the window.

Edited by TrashmanBones
  • Like 1

Seems like some people still have the notion they can do whatever they please on Identity. This isn't GTA Online. This is a whole new world that is being created governed by rules. You can always go be a jackass on your own server, but honestly I wouldn't pay money just to screw up the experience for other players.

i wasnt trying to be a jackass. i was just saying there could always be someone who will think of something to get around anything.

On 17/02/2017 at 11:50 PM, Caboose said:

i wasnt trying to be a jackass. i was just saying there could always be someone who will think of something to get around anything.

There is many ways to think outside the limitations of the game, it is true. However you must take into consideration how the game will operate in order to properly think beyond its limitations. 

I would suggest reading everything you can regarding how vigilantism and corruption are to be implemented into the game, if they are. After finding out if it is even possible, then perhas start drawing out your ideas. 

Just a thought friend 

Although I've stated my opinion on bounty hunters and vigilantes before (essentially in line with what @JamesLuck01 said) something I remembered is they did have a bounty hunter talent tree in the Arma Life mod. They would have access to non-lethal weapons and could apprehend criminals, bringing them to the police for a cut of the ticket money.

They were also complete laughing stocks and kiddie cops. People would frequently mug them just because they had that stupid badge over their head. Good times :).

@Caboose

I have mentioned this concept before regarding undercover officers in the force. 

Since the career path is a linear one, and undercover so far, as far as we know, isn't available as an option. 

Therefore it would need to be implemented by the players, as there is no set system. 

My answer to that was for officers who are going to go undercover, would need to publicly cut any Affiliation to the police, and begin to work on their back story (maybe even spend some time in jail to further your depth in undercover). The undercover would then actually try to infiltrate their target, and discretely share any Intel with police. 

The undercover would still be governed by their career, and therefore couldnt commit criminal acts, but rather work out ways to seem illegal through the aid of policing forces. When there is enough evidence, or if it gets too hot, the undercover is pulled out of his active cover and brought back into the force. 

Then the sting operation would be executed or would be ended. 

The only issue I see with this theory is we don't know if higher up rankings could reassign lower ones, to put that undercover back to his rightful place once he rejoins the force.