Joshua_Else

Running The Game

Hi,

I saw this game a day ago and as soon as I saw it I bought it. I just couldn't miss out on the discounted price and the opportunity.

However, it wasn't until today, whilst doing some research into it, that I might be unable to run the game. I don't regret buying it I just worry that I will miss out once it is released.

So I was wondering if you can all help me.

I am currently the owner of a laptop and that is it ,however I also have a really old desktop tower that has a few parts that could be re-used.

So if possible could someone suggest to me how I could get my laptop ready for once it come out.

I only have a YouTube channel as a means for income via ads and I haven't posted in ages so I haven't earned a cent in a long time.

Also, as I am only 15 years old I don't have a job so don't have an income and only have £45.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

In the Forum they answered this: It's too early to tell because as the game isn't near completion yet, if you can run games like ArmA 3, GTA V or Ark you can run Identity.

What exactly for a Laptop do you have? (Manufacturer and Model)

48 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

I have a compaq CQ58-302SA

Mate you're taking the piss that laptop couldn't even handle Minecraft properly

4 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Mate you're taking the piss that laptop couldn't even handle Minecraft properly

I know that is why I am asking for help

46 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

I would say just get a gaming PC (Desktop), they are more reliable than laptops which have many more problems.

Ask your parents if you can have your birthday and Christmas present combined unless you get a lot of money for those occasions. 

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I would say just get a gaming PC (Desktop), they are more reliable than laptops which have many more problems.

Ask your parents if you can have your birthday and Christmas present combined unless you get a lot of money for those occasions. 

Christmas and birthday are both at the end of the year.

Any suggestion on how I could get some cash to buy a pc?

6 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

I know that is why I am asking for help

wait until the game is relased. maybe it will never be released and you bought a new pc for nothing.

5 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

wait until the game is relased. maybe it will never be released and you bought a new pc for nothing.

That... Is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Buy a new PC doesn't matter if the game comes out or not. You still have a new PC to play games and shit

6 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

If you buy a new pc, it won't be for nothing, you always will have some use to it.

5 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

Good suggestion however still want a PC either way.

Any suggestions how I could earn some money

if none of the applications that you use needs the hardware that you buy it definitely is a waste of money. especially when you are 15 years old and dont make any money.

12 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

Good suggestion however still want a PC either way.

Any suggestions how I could earn some money

My point is that your Birthday and Christmas present being combined to get you the pc at the end of the year which is before the release of the full game. Also you could go out in the summer and go and do hand car washing to earn some money. Charge £5 per car; Big or Small. 

Another way to earn a bit of money is maybe go walk people's dogs for money. 

Edited by JamesLuck01

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

My point is that your Birthday and Christmas present being combined to get you the pc at the end of the year which is before the release of the full game. Also you could go out in the summer and go and do hand car washing to earn some money. Charge £5 per car; Big or Small. 

So the game isn't being released till this summer?

And aren't there any thing I can do now to earn some money?!

1 hour ago, Joshua_Else said:

Aa @JamesLuck01 said i recommend you to buy a Desktop PC. 

I don't know where you live but when i was 15 and i needed money i saved my pocket money i got from my parents. In addition in the school vacations you could accept a job like delivering newspapers or any other mini job. With the saved pocket money + earnings ask your parents if you coudlk get your prasent a bit earlier. You could share the costs with your parents for example. You put in the money you earned and the parents give the rest for the new desktop PC. I think many parents like to see if their kid is doing some mini job in the free time.

Just my thoughts about this :)

5 minutes ago, Woritmor said:

Aa @JamesLuck01 said i recommend you to buy a Desktop PC. 

I don't know where you live but when i was 15 and i needed money i saved my pocket money i got from my parents. In addition in the school vacations you could accept a job like delivering newspapers or any other mini job. With the saved pocket money + earnings ask your parents if you coudlk get your prasent a bit earlier. You could share the costs with your parents for example. You put in the money you earned and the parents give the rest for the new desktop PC. I think many parents like to see if their kid is doing some mini job in the free time.

Just my thoughts about this :)

Firstly I agree however, I do not earn pocket money and cannot get a reply from any newspaper round places I try at.

Kind of a sticky situation!

5 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

Firstly I agree however, I do not earn pocket money and cannot get a reply from any newspaper round places I try at.

Go to PC Part Picker and build a PC based on the specs that are required

4 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

Thats bad to hear dude. Another thing what came in mind: In newspapers itself there are many offers for mini jobs. In the school vacation time and in the weeks before many companys looking for students to do some small help jobs in the vacation. At least here in germany. Maybe there you can find something. 

8 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

Only the modules will release throughout this year. The full game release is next year probably Q2 2018 which is around April, May, June.

That is why from now until christmas would be probably ok to try earn money how i said above. Go and do car washing in the summer, walk dogs and many other things.

@Arky There is no recommended or minimum specs required at this time, as it is too early to get good estimates.

However he should go and check to see how much a good high end pc will cost so he can try earn as much as possible.

Edited by JamesLuck01

10 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Only the modules will release throughout this year. The full game release is next year probably Q2 2018 which is around April, May, June.

That is why from now until christmas would be probably ok to try earn money how i said above. Go and do car washing in the summer, walk dogs and many other things.

@Arky There is no recommended or minimum specs required at this time, as it is too early to get good estimates.

However he should go and check to see how much a good high end pc will cost so he can try earn as much as possible.

thank you very much

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

GTA 5 and Ark Survival. Those are the current specs that they've estimated 

6 minutes ago, Arky said:

ok thanks I will aim for that

8 minutes ago, Arky said:

Yeah but remember they said for now, that is what you will need to run the game meaning more like the modules and beta as they will be upgrading the graphics over time. 

Also I don't really count that as a estimation for it. They don't know yet about the full game and so really cannot tell you that at this point but for the current state of the game it would be fine.

Edited by JamesLuck01