Jakeimpregnator

Most annoying Role to Play

My top 5 biggest annoyances in any multilayer role play game.

The Russian - people who do a bad Russian accent to seem more menacing.

The mute - people who have no mic in 2017, but there character 'has no voice anyway' so it's alright. (How many people have you EVER met that are mute)

The mass murderer / hardened military person - the guy who goes round killing everyone, then tries to role play it out, because they think it's fun to ruin everyone else's experience. These people are always dripping in camo clothing and have had world class gun training (how realistic).

The drug dealer - fair enough, these role play games are generally based around drug smuggling and making money illigally (I think identity is no exception) but this character is always VERY overplayed. I've never, EVER met a drug dealer IRL, but hey, maybe I live on the nice side of town?

God mode - the players who turn every situation around (using role play,  usually text chat) to benefit their own character. These people never seem to die or get injured because they always have a trick up there sleeve like "picks lock and escapes unharmed". Personally, if the interaction is fun / funny / interesting, and I end up dieing to good role play, it's more fun than surviving through shoddy workarounds. 

On the whole, these games or servers are normally ruined by people with a lack of imagination. Poor imagination is ok! But using poor role play on top of that becomes very frustrating for other people. That's why I like role play on Twitch, it's not that server rules protect from bad experiences, it's that the level of quality role play is much higher because there is an audience.

I'm not salty, im just bored of seeing huge potential ruined by unrealistic encounters and interactions. 

Discuss?

• Like 8

The wannabe gangsters who think that all you need to do is run around with a gun and talk stupid. Give the character some story.

• Like 5

Police when the game's bugs cause you to do the opposite of what you wanted to do and they pull you over due to some bs. (Driving in SantosRP)

*Name of a famous person*

People who just join the game and start looking for the biggest baddest guns to massacre everyone for 2 minutes, then closes the game. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matey said:

@Jakeimpregnator bro I'm not even from the US but when I step outside the complex I've at least 3 drug dealers across the street lmao.

Haha well I guess we're from completely different areas then lol. Fair enough, they might deal a little here and there. But they aren't farming it, picking it, and distributing thousands of pounds worth lol. 

It's been done to death, that's all I'm saying :D

On 2/12/2017 at 11:31 AM, Saint6 said:

You forgot the Cop who hides behind the badge. . .

This is going to be rampant...so, prepare yourselves. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jakeimpregnator said:

My top 5 biggest annoyances in any multilayer role play game.

The Russian - people who do a bad Russian accent to seem more menacing.

The mute - people who have no mic in 2017, but there character 'has no voice anyway' so it's alright. (How many people have you EVER met that are mute)

The mass murderer / hardened military person - the guy who goes round killing everyone, then tries to role play it out, because they think it's fun to ruin everyone else's experience. These people are always dripping in camo clothing and have had world class gun training (how realistic).

The drug dealer - fair enough, these role play games are generally based around drug smuggling and making money illigally (I think identity is no exception) but this character is always VERY overplayed. I've never, EVER met a drug dealer IRL, but hey, maybe I live on the nice side of town?

God mode - the players who turn every situation around (using role play,  usually text chat) to benefit their own character. These people never seem to die or get injured because they always have a trick up there sleeve like "picks lock and escapes unharmed". Personally, if the interaction is fun / funny / interesting, and I end up dieing to good role play, it's more fun than surviving through shoddy workarounds. 

On the whole, these games or servers are normally ruined by people with a lack of imagination. Poor imagination is ok! But using poor role play on top of that becomes very frustrating for other people. That's why I like role play on Twitch, it's not that server rules protect from bad experiences, it's that the level of quality role play is much higher because there is an audience.

I'm not salty, im just bored of seeing huge potential ruined by unrealistic encounters and interactions. 

Discuss?

i can do a pretty accurate Russian accent, it's just hard to keep it going consistently

On 11/02/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jakeimpregnator said:

You definitely live in a good side of town, there's way too many around where I live. :P

"The Assassin or hitman" 
This character usually thinks its real life and can get away with rdm because it fits his job description and thinks it will actually play out properly.

"The Mafia"
Usually groups like these, think mafia's just run around in suits all day, rob people, and kill people, no effort what so ever, stupid when you see the don out about doing the work that normally the made men do lol.

"The Cartel"
Usually groups like this don't actually roleplay, and just make money, and rob people, if you get in their way they either rdm you or something stupid.

"The Bank Robber"
A person or group that literally, their rp is only to rob banks, never ends well, but as soon as they get out of jail or respawn, they either rob people till the cooldown, or whatever, then just go rob it again.

"Intelligence Agencies or paramilitary corps"
Don't actually rp it, just end up going around in a group with guns and either guarding something or someone, or just picking fights with people or gangs who had no interest in starting one with them

"The lawyer"
The guy whose just robbed someone or commits a crime, with his buddy, his buddy gets arrested but he flee's, and the cops dont catch his name, then he comes to the police station in a suit and tries to persuade his friend to be dropped of all charges or lower the charges"

"The Hot Shot"
The ego driven kid who thinks hes untouchable and the best at fighting and shooting people, and spends his rp time robbing people trying to prove himself because he can't prove himself to his parents that he's a good kid.

"I'm annoying"
The guy who just sits around in the social areas and just annoys people or tries to rob people at atms

People annoy me.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 2:20 PM, Arky said:

The Biker

(Love biker clubs)

But there are always one in every Roleplay 

Lmao I know all too well what you are referring to...GTA is rampant with them.

Can't forget the Fly-By-Night Criminal

They are the type you normally see being awkward in criminal situations. They try to act powerful and smart about their criminality, however they end up drawing attention to themselves and anyone they become involved with. Examples of them is speaking loudly in public situations about criminal actions, or trying to act like a major kingpin in situations they are overwhelmed by. 

"Where can I buy drugs and guns!?" (Said in front of civilians in large public area)

"Yo, I will kill you and everyone here that witnesses it!" (Again spoke in public loudly, like they are proving something) 

They normally end up in prison all the time, or most of the time because they aren't smart enough to learn to keep themselves out. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo
  • Like 2

I'm really hoping that there are going to be other players like myself, that aren't playing to wreak havoc on everyone by constantly killing or robbing other players. I'm really hoping that this game is gonna be different and that it isn't going to be overridden with crime and drugs and guns. I'm hoping for social activities, friends, and realistic civilian type roleplay. I'm really excited because it seems there's going to be a lot more for people to do than just cops vs. criminals. 

I might be lame, but I seriously just want others that will roleplay daily professions, parties, neighbors, dates, nights out, etc. with me. I want friends that will live virtual lives with me in a humane society. I think the social aspect is the most important part of the game, and the devs are trying to emphasize that, but it seems that too many people only play games to shoot everyone.

• Like 4

I completely understand you, @Devonor. When I first heard about Identitty, I was so hyped. But I knew the majority of the people who are going to play this game, well, do everything what you said. I'm 12 years old, and I'm Dutch, but at least I know which career I want, what my character is going to be like, and most importantly, I have good manners, imagination, I can talk English pretty good (still learning), and I know how to Roleplay :d. I'm going to be a dirty lawyer, but not the kind who helps his friends. The kind who you see in TV-shows :p. Except for the part where those lawyers are caught. Obviously. Anyway, I'll hopefully see you when the beta comes out :D. Until then, bye!

• Like 1

Ahaha just read this post and couldn't agree more the bad Russian accent always annoys me haha

Yeah, the one guy who always kills everyone and makes a dumb excuse for it and ruins everyone's experience, I've experienced that a couple times.

I fully agree. I am kinda hoping for a GTA like game only every NPC is a human. So you walk into a shop, there are others in the store casually shopping. You pull up to a McDonalds, the guy taking your order is real. But possibly the most exciting thing for me is when I step out of my house and see hundreds of people WALK by (notice how I said walk, not run) as if they are irrelevant, but each and every one is another person.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:12 PM, JoelKeys said:

I fully agree. I am kinda hoping for a GTA like game only every NPC is a human. So you walk into a shop, there are others in the store casually shopping. You pull up to a McDonalds, the guy taking your order is real. But possibly the most exciting thing for me is when I step out of my house and see hundreds of people WALK by (notice how I said walk, not run) as if they are irrelevant, but each and every one is another person.

Cashier vendors are going to be NPCs as no one wants to sit at a cash register all day (exhilarating gameplay) but the customers shopping there won't be.

"God mode" won't really be a problem because there are limits to what you can do in Identity, he can't just type "dodges bullet and flees before being harmed" because if he gets shot, he gets shot. Though the other ones... OH MY GOD you hit the nail right on the head. People who try to make their role-play "funny" just end up sounding like a retard. I disagree with you on the streamers part. I think big streamers like Lirik are part of the reason people act this way in RP servers, putting on a "funny" voice and saying dumb things to try and sound ridiculous, though that's just my opinion.

I want to roleplay a drug dealer but put my own style on it (hopefully)  and I am not one of those criminals that starts wars, I'm on those criminals that doesn't hold a gun everywhere and thinks he's tough by shooting innocents, all I want to do is make money and provide drugs to the island and if I get arrested I'll put my hands up and serve my sentence and if the gang I'm apart wants to start a war with another then duty calls. In fact I would rather love interacting with civilians than killing them, not all criminals are big tough guys who  want to beat the crap out of you if you look at them the wrong way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Cashier vendors are going to be NPCs as no one wants to sit at a cash register all day (exhilarating gameplay) but the customers shopping there won't be.

Yeah I know that was just an example that the world is full of people.

what about the role of the moderator that tells the squeakers why they aren't allowed to play the game like gta? :'D