Question

I came here to get some kind of closure since a friend and I were having an argument about "If a police officer is killed can't you loot their special items and use them?" while he said "Yes" it pained me to think of it being a possibility of criminals being able to run around and handcuff people, use police batons, or wear police armor for extra protection. 

It didn't add up to me and the thought of that happening would be extremely over powering and you could easily take over the town with just a few thugs and spawn kill people.

So, can you use specialized police items?

60 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Alex77 said:

Not exactly.Its not like garrys mod when you kill officer they never catch you.If you stole a gun from the body of police officer you will have to use it,and this is the reason that you stole it. First of all you killed an officer so you wanted,its not easy to escape and hide from police. if you use your gun against them and they catch you they will seizure everything that you got.so to kill a police officer  its not easy decision just only for the gun or uniform.

If you walk up behind a cop, slit their throat, and take the knife with you what evidence is left? Hair? You're wearing a hat. Finger prints? Leather gloves. Witnesses? Even then they can't 100% identify who it was. It's extremely likely that if you have half a brain they won't be onto you. And for the record, it's caught not catched, and no it's not 90%. It's easy to not leave evidence behind. 

I didnt say that criminals will kill officers for no reason.rdm cant stop. Every game will have trollers,its not solution not to add loot for police bodies because there are some trollers doing rdm,just ban them. So simple. Citizens can get rdm too. Not only cops.what does that mean? Citizens bodies cant get loot too? You are not playing garrys mod to catch every criminal, the most of players will be simple citizens. And if the cops are many they can catch all the criminals.they made their decision,but we try to change their mind for a realistic game. Not a game that you cant do the basic things.hope in the future lot of things will change. 

2 hours ago, Alex77 said:

Then players not playing RP if all these things happens to police.They just trolling and have fun. I am just talking for serious RP server and game.If the governon is friend with criminals then to bad for him because he will face the police and his life get threaten,and citizen will never vote him again.police will seizure weapon license from persons that keep killing or threaten people.

You really do live in a fantasy world don't you? You realize that 80% of the US congress is reelected every election and most of them are corrupt right?

3 hours ago, Alex77 said:

They said because everyone will kill officers and take their equipment,so what? police will catch them and take back the stolen items. its so simple cant find any good reason not to add this feature. In my last sentences i said if you use the stolen gun against police they will catch you! police is more powerful than criminals.But if they care only for balance and they dont care for important RP things then we cant have a complete game.And bad RP.

Cops can't catch a single person if they're outnumbered and out gunned because of this exploit. 

12 hours ago, Alex77 said:

Not exactly.Its not like garrys mod when you kill officer they never catch you.If you stole a gun from the body of police officer you will have to use it,and this is the reason that you stole it. First of all you killed an officer so you wanted,its not easy to escape and hide from police. if you use your gun against them and they catch you they will seizure everything that you got.so to kill a police officer  its not easy decision just only for the gun or uniform.

Cops don't know who they're looking for without evidence. Leave no evidence? No ones looking for you. And just because you have something doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. And even then if all you do is point it at a store owner there's no way to confirm that it's the same gun. Now if you fire said gun they MIGHT be able to use ballistics to compare to their records on file...if the bullet remains mostly intact. If it doesn't? Well then you have no way of knowing.

pull your head out of your ass and look at things from another perspective than just your own. 

12 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

If you walk up behind a cop, slit their throat, and take the knife with you what evidence is left? Hair? You're wearing a hat. Finger prints? Leather gloves. Witnesses? Even then they can't 100% identify who it was. It's extremely likely that if you have half a brain they won't be onto you. And for the record, it's caught not catched, and no it's not 90%. It's easy to not leave evidence behind. 

how could you find a cop alone without a partner? and where? 

11 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

I didnt say that criminals will kill officers for no reason.rdm cant stop. Every game will have trollers,its not solution not to add loot for police bodies because there are some trollers doing rdm,just ban them. So simple. Citizens can get rdm too. Not only cops.what does that mean? Citizens bodies cant get loot too? You are not playing garrys mod to catch every criminal, the most of players will be simple citizens. And if the cops are many they can catch all the criminals.they made their decision,but we try to change their mind for a realistic game. Not a game that you cant do the basic things.hope in the future lot of things will change. 

You clearly don't understand the simple fact that BODIES ARE LOOTABLE. NOT COPS BODIES FOR FEAR OF EXPLOITS. 

7 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

how could you find a cop alone without a partner? and where? 

In most of the US cops work solo unless requesting backup. In another post you were so gunhoe about the fact that the game is based in America, you should know this then if you live here. 

Besides you can't always expect 2 people to be on at the same time. 

Edited by Boredomfalls

6 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

In most of the US cops work solo unless requesting backup. In another post you were so gunhoe about the fact that the game is based in America, you should know this then if you live here. 

Just one cop dont patrol at places that are far away from the city. 

11 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

You clearly don't understand the simple fact that BODIES ARE LOOTABLE. NOT COPS BODIES FOR FEAR OF EXPLOITS. 

There will not be fear of exploits mate. How could fear of exploits exist?

5 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Just one cop dont patrol at places that are far away from the city. 

You clearly don't live in so much as a suburban town let alone a country town then.

as someone who does let me educate you on the subject for a second time. -clears throat- yes they do. Because there's a lot less crime in rural and suburban areas, and it's a lot cheaper they can justify it. And they do daily. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

There will not be fear of exploits mate. How could fear of exploits exist?

Really? How could your mind even form that question when that was the exact answer they gave you on the first page of this very post that you answered

7 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

You clearly don't live in so much as a suburban town let alone a country town then.

as someone who does let me educate you on the subject for a second time. -clears throat- yes they do. Because there's a lot less crime in rural and suburban areas, and it's a lot cheaper they can justify it. And they do daily. 

Because there is less crime at rural and suburban areas that doesnt mean that police should let one officer to patrol those areas, because you never know what could happen....2 officer are more safely.

6 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Because there is less crime at rural and suburban areas that doesnt mean that police should let one officer to patrol those areas, because you never know what could happen....2 officer are more safely.

More safe* 

And that doesn't mean that pretty much every police department and Sheriffs department don't do it. Because they do. And I work with a lot of them. 

By splitting them up it reduces response times allowing them to cover more ground simultaneously. And that doesn't mean that they don't back each other up when needed. Hell I see cops in New York City patrolling by themselves. And that's considered a high crime area. 

Edited by Boredomfalls

If you walk up behind a cop, slit their throat, and take the knife with you what evidence is left? Hair? You're wearing a hat. Finger prints? Leather gloves. Witnesses? Even then they can't 100% identify who it was. It's extremely likely that if you have half a brain they won't be onto you. And for the record, it's caught not catched, and no it's not 90%. It's easy to not leave evidence behind. you mean this?

7 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

Really? How could your mind even form that question when that was the exact answer they gave you on the first page of this very post that you answered

6 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

More safe* 

And that doesn't mean that pretty much every police department and Sheriffs department don't do it. Because they do. And I work with a lot of them. 

Its big mistake if they do it,they put officers lives in risk.

If you walk up behind a cop, slit their throat, and take the knife with you what evidence is left? Hair? You're wearing a hat. Finger prints? Leather gloves. Witnesses? Even then they can't 100% identify who it was. It's extremely likely that if you have half a brain they won't be onto you. And for the record, it's caught not catched, and no it's not 90%. It's easy to not leave evidence behind. you mean this?

Nope. You really don't know how to read. Try reading the question you asked that I quoted in that comment. 

Its big mistake if they do it,they put officers lives in risk.

They put citizens lives at risk by cutting their units on patrol in half by putting two cops in one car, thereby cutting their response time in half. 

Most attacks against cops happen in cities. Like I said. They can justify it. 

Edited by Boredomfalls

14 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

Nope. You really don't know how to read. Try reading the question you asked that I quoted in that comment. 

Btw can you stop talking ironic? first of all they dont cut the response of half because there are many police vehs and cops too! especially in America.And thats why suspects get easy caught because in the city there are witnesses and cameras. 

especialδδ

47 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Btw can you stop talking ironic? first of all they dont cut the response of half because there are many police vehs and cops too! especially in America.And thats why suspects get easy caught because in the city there are witnesses and cameras. 

especialδδ

Nothing about that was ironic. If you can't read what I quoted then yu can't read. 

And yes it does. Let's take the town I live in for example. On any given shift they have 7 cops on duty. 6 patrolmen, and a sergeant. That's 1 cop per car. 6 cop cars. The sergeant stays at the station unless he's needed. If we double the cops without reducing the number of cars we destroy the budget given them by the township. So instead they keep the same number of cops, and put them in teams of 2 in one vehicle per team. THATS 3 CARS PATROLLING. What does that mean? They cover HALF the area they were able to before. Which also means they DOUBLE their average response times. 

52 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

especialδδ

Let's look at this another way. Once an officer is busy doing something they can't just leave and go to something else without finish up everything on that scene. If all 3 cars that now have 2 cops each are on traffic stops or someone's house because of a call, and somethings else goes down, THEY CANT JUST LEAVE. Now if there were two cops in their own cars at each incident and something goes down, the second cop at each scene can leave and take care of the new incident. Freeing up 3 officers simultaneously. Especially if the incident that they were on in the first place is minor/no threats. 

3 hours ago, Alex77 said:

20-30% of the people in Identity will be criminals. I honestly wish that you would look at this from a different angle. Cops have enough to deal with, they shouldn't have to worry about RDM. It isn't trolling if the criminals are simply trying to get easy access to firearms. Even if the police eventually hunt down the criminal, which is not guaranteed.  You don't make a single valid point. The cops won't be "many" considering that a mafia or criminal organization with 30 members controls about 10% of the entire server. Even if you have a police force of 50 people they still would be too stretched out to respond in time. The Dev's main goal is making a playable game, they would prefer the game is balanced instead of the game being completely realistic. There is virtually no chance that the devs change their stance on this.

9 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

Nothing about that was ironic. If you can't read what I quoted then yu can't read. 

And yes it does. Let's take the town I live in for example. On any given shift they have 7 cops on duty. 6 patrolmen, and a sergeant. That's 1 cop per car. 6 cop cars. The sergeant stays at the station unless he's needed. If we double the cops without reducing the number of cars we destroy the budget given them by the township. So instead they keep the same number of cops, and put them in teams of 2 in one vehicle per team. THATS 3 CARS PATROLLING. What does that mean? They cover HALF the area they were able to before. Which also means they DOUBLE their average response times. 

Yeah but you put the officers lives of risk if they patrolling 1 by 1.and they can leave from traffic stop but they should info the driver that they have stopped. 

6 hours ago, yellowhero12 said:

20-30% of the people in Identity will be criminals. I honestly wish that you would look at this from a different angle. Cops have enough to deal with, they shouldn't have to worry about RDM. It isn't trolling if the criminals are simply trying to get easy access to firearms. Even if the police eventually hunt down the criminal, which is not guaranteed.  You don't make a single valid point. The cops won't be "many" considering that a mafia or criminal organization with 30 members controls about 10% of the entire server. Even if you have a police force of 50 people they still would be too stretched out to respond in time. The Dev's main goal is making a playable game, they would prefer the game is balanced instead of the game being completely realistic. There is virtually no chance that the devs change their stance on this.

But if every criminal will try to get guns from police there will be a war zone in the city police vs robbers.in my server cant be that because police are more than citizens, then we can control them.

58 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Yeah but you put the officers lives of risk if they patrolling 1 by 1.and they can leave from traffic stop but they should info the driver that they have stopped. 

But if every criminal will try to get guns from police there will be a war zone in the city police vs robbers.in my server cant be that because police are more than citizens, then we can control them.

You're not making any sense at all. Just shut the fûck up lol. 

"They should info the driver." Well no shit that's why they stopped them in the first place. But they cannot leave a stop until it's concluded. Not just because something else came up. 

"Then we control them." That's called curruption and confirmed by devs that cops can't be corrupt.

And you literally just flipped your stance. You've been arguing about letting people loot cops for their guns but just gave an excellent reason as to why they shouldn't be allowed to. "The cities will be war zones."

40 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

You're not making any sense at all. Just shut the fûck up lol. 

"They should info the driver." Well no shit that's why they stopped them in the first place. But they cannot leave a stop until it's concluded. Not just because something else came up. 

"Then we control them." That's called curruption and confirmed by devs that cops can't be corrupt.

And you literally just flipped your stance. You've been arguing about letting people loot cops for their guns but just gave an excellent reason as to why they shouldn't be allowed to. "The cities will be war zones."

If something its very important you can leave from the traffic stop but you should say to the driver that he is free to go. i am a police officer in real life kid i know how it works. Admin can just ban the trollers that kill all the time cops to get their equipment,its not a solution not to add this feature because of rdm,troll.

19 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

If something its very important you can leave from the traffic stop but you should say to the driver that he is free to go. i am a police officer in real life kid i know how it works. Admin can just ban the trollers that kill all the time cops to get their equipment,its not a solution not to add this feature because of rdm,troll.

If you are a cop in real life ... I'd hate to live where you live lol. You make no sense what-so-ever with your wishes about this game. You keep saying black, then white, then black again ... make up your mind. Police often patrol solo here too. It happens you see two cops in one cruiser, but rarely. Unless they're setting up checkpoints etc. It makes no sense having two officers in one car, I'd prefer my tax money going to that second cop being in a second vehicle being able to cover his own ground. As @Boredomfalls explained to you over and over again, and pretty clear I have to add, so why do you keep being a nancy for being wrong about the subject?

9 minutes ago, Genesai said:

If you are a cop in real life ... I'd hate to live where you live lol. You make no sense what-so-ever with your wishes about this game. You keep saying black, then white, then black again ... make up your mind. Police often patrol solo here too. It happens you see two cops in one cruiser, but rarely. Unless they're setting up checkpoints etc. It makes no sense having two officers in one car, I'd prefer my tax money going to that second cop being in a second vehicle being able to cover his own ground. As @Boredomfalls explained to you over and over again, and pretty clear I have to add, so why do you keep being a nancy for being wrong about the subject?

Any reason that you hate the place i live? i am just saying that is MORE SAFE when 2 officers patrolling. can help each others! What one officer can do if he get attacked by 2 persons? Boredomfalls explained nothing.He is just talking ironicallly all the time for something that he dont knows how it works.