Question

I came here to get some kind of closure since a friend and I were having an argument about "If a police officer is killed can't you loot their special items and use them?" while he said "Yes" it pained me to think of it being a possibility of criminals being able to run around and handcuff people, use police batons, or wear police armor for extra protection. 

It didn't add up to me and the thought of that happening would be extremely over powering and you could easily take over the town with just a few thugs and spawn kill people.

So, can you use specialized police items?

60 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Vrilyze said:

I came here to get some kind of closure since a friend and I were having an argument about "If a police officer is killed can't you loot their special items and use them?" while he said "Yes" it pained me to think of it being a possibility of criminals being able to run around and handcuff people, use police batons, or wear police armor for extra protection. 

It didn't add up to me and the thought of that happening would be extremely over powering and you could easily take over the town with just a few thugs and spawn kill people.

I can only think that they'll be able to take their guns and ammo. I don't think they'll allow you to take the rare police armor for their own need and handcuffs when they could just buy zip ties. So I'd say only 50-60% of the items are lootable.

If that happens, then society is chaotic and lawless. This mmo becomes a free for all and you have to farm for your own safety, and kill for your own survival. Assuming the criminals take the majority of weapons and armor, everyone could side with the cops for a while and fight the criminals (assuming there are no repercussions for turning vigilante - someone claimed vigilantes would be arrested in another post). Worst case scenario, there is no order, just a town and people who don't trust anybody else but themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Woritmor said:

They already confirmed that the police cannot completely be looted. It was on Reddit i think. 

You heard it from the correct area but you cannot loot a police officer at all I believe @HairyGrenade can confirm.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Cant criminal loot police? jesus... 

No looting officers for many reasons.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

No looting officers for many reasons.

Could you write some please?

7 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Could you write some please?

Guns being rare and they don't want players to get easy weapons. 

The police items are unique and could be abused by people for instance I could let you kill me and loot me so you can get weapons.

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Guns being rare and they don't want players to get easy weapons. 

The police items are unique and could be abused by people for instance I could let you kill me and loot me so you can get weapons.

Etc you are the person that killed a police officer and loot everything that he got,then the other police officers will try to find you and catch you, and take back the stolen items from you and put you in the jail,noone can escape from police. 

25 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Etc you are the person that killed a police officer and loot everything that he got,then the other police officers will try to find you and catch you, and take back the stolen items from you and put you in the jail,noone can escape from police. 

The police won't know who you are and so if the evidence is hidden they won't know that they are looking for you.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The police won't know who you are and so if the evidence is hidden they won't know that they are looking for you.

Police will send Investigation team,in every crime there are 100% imprint from the killer.and what a criminal can stole from the police officer? the gun? okay if he stole the gun,he should use it! if he dont then why he stole it if he is not gonna use it?,when he will use it again then police will catch him.

6 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Police will send Investigation team,in every crime there are 100% imprint from the killer.and what a criminal can stole from the police officer? the gun? okay if he stole the gun,he should use it! if he dont then why he stole it if he is not gonna use it?,when he will use it again then police will catch him.

Well he could sell it making easy money and it will be abused as his friend could let him kill and loot 100 times when no one else is on the server.....

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Well he could sell it making easy money and it will be abused as his friend could let him kill and loot 100 times when no one else is on the server.....

Yes but he cant doing it all the time,police will catch him and take from him everything that he got. how could he loot if no one is in the server? 

f we are not gonna see the loot of bodies in the official servers then we hope to see it in private servers by option enable/disable. :) because there are players that like it. dont disappoint them. 

On 2/9/2017 at 3:07 AM, Vrilyze said:

lmbo

On July 13, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Alex77 said:

Yes but he cant doing it all the time,police will catch him and take from him everything that he got. how could he loot if no one is in the server? 

Criminals in real life even today get away with crimes. You can't always catch 100% of criminals. It's not feasible. So to expect that from a strictly player based game is unimaginable. 

On July 13, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Alex77 said:

f we are not gonna see the loot of bodies in the official servers then we hope to see it in private servers by option enable/disable. :) because there are players that like it. dont disappoint them. 

I've been on forums an hour. And I've already seen devs and mods inform multiple times that bodies are lootable, but not cops bodies. 

21 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

Criminals in real life even today get away with crimes. You can't always catch 100% of criminals. It's not feasible. So to expect that from a strictly player based game is unimaginable. 

But  90-95% of crimes can be catched,i said if the criminal doing the same thing all the time he will got catched.

20 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

I've been on forums an hour. And I've already seen devs and mods inform multiple times that bodies are lootable, but not cops bodies. 

Yeah this is what i am talking about,its should be an option to enable or disable an then all bodies can be looted even cops,or not looted.

On 7/13/2017 at 8:51 AM, Alex77 said:

This feature would be awful. If guns are easily accessible then all hell will break loose. Police should be hunting criminals, not the other way around.

Edited by yellowhero12

9 hours ago, yellowhero12 said:

This feature would be awful. If guns are easily accessible then all hell will break loose. Police should be hunting criminals, not the other way around.

Not exactly.Its not like garrys mod when you kill officer they never catch you.If you stole a gun from the body of police officer you will have to use it,and this is the reason that you stole it. First of all you killed an officer so you wanted,its not easy to escape and hide from police. if you use your gun against them and they catch you they will seizure everything that you got.so to kill a police officer  its not easy decision just only for the gun or uniform.

7 hours ago, Alex77 said:

Not exactly.Its not like garrys mod when you kill officer they never catch you.If you stole a gun from the body of police officer you will have to use it,and this is the reason that you stole it. First of all you killed an officer so you wanted,its not easy to escape and hide from police. if you use your gun against them and they catch you they will seizure everything that you got.so to kill a police officer  its not easy decision just only for the gun or uniform.

I guarantee that most police officers don't want to have to worry about being ambushed for the sole purpose of stealing equipment. Also, if you have the same equipment as the police you most likely don't need to escape. I wasn't sure what you meant in your last few sentences, hopefully you can clarify. The devs don't just care about what features would be cool, they care about balance. I have total faith that they good reasoning for this balancing decision. 

42 minutes ago, yellowhero12 said:

I guarantee that most police officers don't want to have to worry about being ambushed for the sole purpose of stealing equipment. Also, if you have the same equipment as the police you most likely don't need to escape. I wasn't sure what you meant in your last few sentences, hopefully you can clarify. The devs don't just care about what features would be cool, they care about balance. I have total faith that they good reasoning for this balancing decision. 

They said because everyone will kill officers and take their equipment,so what? police will catch them and take back the stolen items. its so simple cant find any good reason not to add this feature. In my last sentences i said if you use the stolen gun against police they will catch you! police is more powerful than criminals.But if they care only for balance and they dont care for important RP things then we cant have a complete game.And bad RP.

52 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

They said because everyone will kill officers and take their equipment,so what? police will catch them and take back the stolen items. its so simple cant find any good reason not to add this feature. In my last sentences i said if you use the stolen gun against police they will catch you! police is more powerful than criminals.But if they care only for balance and they dont care for important RP things then we cant have a complete game.And bad RP.

Bullcrap. I play Asylum Life (always as a Paramedic). I constantly see the cops getting taking hostage, being overrun, and getting killed all over the place. They cannot win from the rebels and random RDM / VDM'ing. Not ever. And if the elected governor in game is in bed with the criminals? All hell will break loose. No. Just no. Normal firearms such as small calibers? Sure, get them out with a proper gun license. But that license should be able to be withdrawn and denied in the future if the owner goes on killing sprees, whether it be cops or civilians.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Bullcrap. I play Asylum Life (always as a Paramedic). I constantly see the cops getting taking hostage, being overrun, and getting killed all over the place. They cannot win from the rebels and random RDM / VDM'ing. Not ever. And if the elected governor in game is in bed with the criminals? All hell will break loose. No. Just no. Normal firearms such as small calibers? Sure, get them out with a proper gun license. But that license should be able to be withdrawn and denied in the future if the owner goes on killing sprees, whether it be cops or civilians.

Then players not playing RP if all these things happens to police.They just trolling and have fun. I am just talking for serious RP server and game.If the governon is friend with criminals then to bad for him because he will face the police and his life get threaten,and citizen will never vote him again.police will seizure weapon license from persons that keep killing or threaten people.

Edited by Alex77

2 hours ago, Alex77 said:

So what?? I don't want to keep having this conversation, you are only seeing this from your own point of view. There won't be any RP if criminals just run around hunting cops. It serves no meaningful RP purpose. It is for balance and to stop minge/RDM. 9/10 cops would prefer NOT being RDMed constantly by criminals looking for easy access to firearms. The map is huge, there aren't enough cops to catch every single criminal. They made their decision, why keep talking about it?