LemonMeringoo

Roleplay Thread

"We may. The Government is a big place with many branches."

Gene keeps his eyes on the road and tenses up.

"Are you attempting to flirt with me?"

He looks over at her, smoke rushing from the burning tobacco.

Ryver tenses up in turn at his brash, direct question. Throwing her cigarette out the window.

"You can drop me off on the corner up here, I can walk from there"

She fluffs her fringe and collects her things back in her purse.

Gene looks over at her with a confused look. "Are you sure? I mean we have to be almost there right?"

Gene parks the car and turns off the engine.

"Are you alright?"

Ryver nods frantically at his questions. As the car draws to a stop she turns to him, her cheeks rosey and green eyes a wash with embarrassment.

"i'm awfully sorry, it's been lovely to have met you, truly a pleasure"

As she swings the door shut, as if the moment the clasp catches. The heavens over and soak Ryver within seconds. But being a child of nature, she doesn't turn back and stride on ahead.

Gene sits in his car, his eyes staring directly in front of him. It seemed like nothing could snap him out of his trance.

His nose filled with her perfume and the smell of the match she put out.

"I honestly have no idea what just happened."

His confused look turns to stern as he puts the car in drive. He drives down the street and rolls down the window.

"It's gonna get colder, might as well hop in. We can go and check out some of the sights."

As Gene pulls up alongside her, Ryvers fingers even whiter from clinging to her upper arms for heat. Her wet hair lapping at her face, all she could be thankful for was that she often chose not to wear make-up less it be strewn down her face. Her bottom lip quivered with the cold for a moment, before she reluctantly entered the car. She thought about what she should say...

"I'm sorry for flirting with you..i shouldn't have done that"

"It's fine.. Why don't we just go and get something to eat... And don't make a joke out of that."

Gene chuckles before looking back at the road.

"So what do you say? You wanna go and get something to eat before I drop you off?

Something about him causes her to melt from her core, from the tone of his voice to his sharp dress sense, even before 'meeting' him she knew that he would have this power over her.

Shyly she smiles and replies "Sure thing hun, what do you feel like eating?"

"Well, there is this pizza joint. We could go there for lunch and then I can drop you off. Sound good?"

Gene puts his turn signal on and turns left towards the pizza joint. His eyes piercing forwards as he itches his stubble.

Ryver smiles and agrees. To be honest he could have suggested taking her to the worst place in the world, because she wasn't listening. She was too busy drinking in ever possible part of him, in constant fear that he was going to suddenly disappear or this was all just a dream.

"I'm surprised you have so much time on your hands for me today! If you need to be somewhere please don't feel beholding to me"

Her cellphone buzzes with a text from her client [Thanks babe, sure i'll be seeing you again soon] Ryver wrinkles up her face as the last thing she would want would be to defend him again. She stuffs her cellphone back in her bag.

"Usually all I'm doing is filling out forms. And even then it wouldn't be up to me, the actions of one man doesn't determine the fate of the world. At least that's my philosophy on it."

Gene hears the faint buzz from her phone. 

"So, you got any family around here? Dad, mom?"

Ryver admires his morals

"that's a nice way to look at the world... but what if they don't agree?"

She lights another cigarette nervously at his next question and shakes here head in avoidance of an actual answer

"so are the pizzas good where we are going?" 

"Well that's for them to decide. What I think could be best for one person may not be best for another. And if the finalization of that vote decides that my vote should be outweighed.. Then that's how it has to be. I only wanna help the people."

Gene starts to relax a bit more now that he's talking about politics and work.

"The pizzas are pretty good. A bit pricey for a medium but still pretty good pizza."

Gene looks at the dashboard.

"So why a lawyer? What brought up the desire for protection of random strangers?"

He looks forward, thinking about how that applies to him also.

Ryver is impressed with his solid, reasoned response. However she is all too aware that politicians are good at giving the answer they should without batting an eyelid as to whether they truly believe it themselves. But reserves judgment for now. Casting some facial expressions in way of agreement.

"You are determined to know me, aren't you. I suppose I can't avoid answering them for too much longer"

She debates as to the level of openness required at this point, after all he is a random stranger in reality.

"I suppose I've fought my way to where I am and believe others deserve the opportunity to do so, as often they are victims of this world not criminals of it."

"This world is just a stage, and we are the actors.. I don't know where I heard that from."

Gene pulls the car up to the sidewalk and put the car in park.

"So, how is that coffee stain doing?"

Gene panics and says anything to break the silence 

Ryver is thankful for the break in inquiry

"I think its had dried, but the rain from before has hidden it...other than meeting you, my day hasn't really gone quite to plan"

She didn't dare look Gene having realised what she said.

"Anyway i'm starving, shall we?"

"Yeah, lets go."

Gene grabs his coat and walks with Ryver into the resturant with her. He gets them a table and sets his jacket next to them.

"I guess after we eat I can take you home if you'd like."

In her head Ryver is beside herself with what she would like to do with that offer but keeps it to herself and responds

"I suppose that seems sensible.. I feel bad for having kept you this long"

The waitress attends the table, Ryver notices she does not take her eyes of Gene asides a few small glimpses in relevance to Ryver whilst reciting the menu. Ryver orders a lime soda water and suggests sharing a pizza, the waitress' lip curls as she wanted the acknowledgement from Gene. She hovers for a few moments in hope then retreats. Ryver shuffles her shoulder in her seat, although she doesn't blame the girl, she is captivated by Gene also.

Gene steadily agrees and asks for a plain water before looking back at Ryver. 

"She seemed kinda mad didn't she?"

Gene chuckles.

"So... Is there any boyfriend that I should worry about if I drive you home? I don't wanna get attacked."

Gene smiles.

Ryver smiles and laughs silently at Gene's first comment about the waitress, followed by a unintentional snort at the notion of a boyfriend. She lifts her hand immediately to her mouth with an immediate rush of colour to her pale skin detailing the small speckle of freckles across her nose and cheeks.

"ahem..no boyfriend, it's just me and my fish"

Ryver furrowed her brow, she had no idea why she had mentioned her fish-they're plastic.

"I'm sure you'd be able to handle yourself in any case"

She reaches across the table clutching at Gene's upper arm.

"Well at least there's no boyfriend."

Gene looks at Ryver and unintentionally the waitress comes back with their drinks.

"Thank you ma'am."

Gene clears his throats and takes a sip of his water before setting it down.

"So what kind of fish do you have?"

The waitress overhearing the line of inquiry, places the lime and soda down on Ryvers side with some force, a tiny droplet escapes onto the table, which Ryver mops up with the provided napkin. Smoothing it on purposefully on the table.

"Uh..Fish, well erm i'm no marine biologist, they just look nice that's all I know"

To Ryvers relief the waitress returns once more with their pizza, Ryver could have sworn the topping spelt something offensive on her side, but chose to look at Gene instead.

"So tell me more about you Gene..Pets? Parents? ...Partners?"

"Well I've been looking up a couple of dogs, nothing too set in stone right now. As for parents, none that live here. They're back in the states. And no, I don't have a girlfriend if that's what you're hinting at."

Gene smirks as he grabs a slice and puts it on a plate for Ryver.

"What type of music are you into? 80's rock, 90's grunge.."

Gene sets back against the booth. 

"You look like a.... Alt Rock."

"That's cute, i'd love a dog but it would be unfair on it with the hours I work and I wouldn't be able to come for pizza with strangers if I had one"

She gratefully takes the plate, tentatively biting into it after a few cautious blows. Ryver lips always look their most angelic when slightly puckered, as on this occasion. She looks to Gene as if to say [why do I have to pull such stupid faces]

After swallowing her first bite and lightly dabbing at her mouth..

"I'm anywhere from Elvis to the Beetles, to White snake and Beartooth. I love music and I have to admit this is probably one of the least music filled days I've had in a long time, but I can't say i'm not happy for the company!"

She sips at her drink briefly and confidently continues, Gene has struck a chord she loves to discuss

"You should come in for coffee when we go back to mine, look over my vinyl collection"

"Absolutely, you can never go wrong with a good Elvis song. Beatles are a classic band as well."

Gene takes a bite and sets down his slice.

"I'd love to go and look at your vinyls."

As he says that he realizes how that could be taken out of context and just takes another sip of his water to draw attention away from it.