Question

So as there are these perspectives and desires, to make money, to protect money, to find money- as is- is there a way, or going to be a way for way a criminal to hide, after just robbing a convenience store, or a way for police to remain undetected until they know the criminals are coming down so-so alley way, and are practically right next to them? As a opportunistic person, I feel being able to hide or be hidden and learn how the world is, where to hide at, will make for a rather unique twist to the mmorpg. And the ability to use stealth in other games, dishonored for example, made it that much more suspensful and creative (is the enemy going to come around this corner and see me, at all? Or notice me just enough? Or can I make a quick escape from this patrol group?) 

Just something I'd love to see in a game like this, especially where the criminal branch is actually kind of desired.

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

Being that both criminals and police are real players, stealth is as effective as you'd expect. Hiding behind a trash bin in an alley might just work; there are definitely places to hide. This was all taken into consideration with world design. Around each bank or store, we knew people would be on the run.

How easy you are for the police to track depends on how wanted you are. If you've been a very naughty the police can be alerted of your presence, but for situations like this tracking won't be very easy.

• Like 1

How does the tracking system work? Is there an AI for the phone operator? Of does it move from the (robbed) store and straight to the officers or is there simply a notification altered when the clerk presses a button?

Adding upon this question will you have a police record? Like if you rob someone and you get caught will this be added to some sort of police record? So you might never be able to become a police officer due to you having robbed someone? I think this might be a good idea.

13 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

How does the tracking system work? Is there an AI for the phone operator? Of does it move from the (robbed) store and straight to the officers or is there simply a notification altered when the clerk presses a button?

There are two components to this, tracking and reporting. When some minor crimes happen, they'll have to be reported by someone who witnessed it. Some major crimes, like robbing a bank, are automatically reported to police. If you dial 911 on your phone you may be connected with an actual dispatcher player by phone/voice.

Tracking, which depends on a few variables, is how the police find you after you're wanted. When quite wanted, going into populated areas can trigger a presence report, etc. Think of it like the star system in Grand Theft Auto, only less automated.

12 minutes ago, Venican said:

Adding upon this question will you have a police record? Like if you rob someone and you get caught will this be added to some sort of police record? So you might never be able to become a police officer due to you having robbed someone? I think this might be a good idea.

You will have a record and recent records can affect your becoming a cop.

• Like 1

Just now, Paratus said:

There are two components to this, tracking and reporting. When some minor crimes happen, they'll have to be reported by someone who witnessed it. Some major crimes, like robbing a bank, are automatically reported to police. If you dial 911 on your phone you may be connected with an actual dispatcher player by phone/voice.

Taking, which depends on a few variables, is how the police find you after you're wanted. When quite wanted, going into populated areas can trigger a presence report, etc. Think of it like the star system in Grand Theft Auto, only less automated.

You will have a record and recent records can affect your becoming a cop.

Amazing! I'm so hyped for this game it's unreal. 

So then will there be a news channel that reports currently/recently online characters that are wanted by the police, and why they are wanted, along with a bounty for leading evidence? Cause if this game gets this deep, it's too Damn good for me- ha.

• Like 1

I am not sure if it goes too deep into TV channels and stuff but I bet the goverment will "radio" it out that someone is wanted etc. 

However to make money everyone gets the object " Gun " in their head. or Blood and so on. No,no,no! That is wrong! Why kill to only get more attention to yourself! 

I dislike killing other players. I would much more prefer stealing. So I plan a way to make money and it always works. I am not the kind of wannebe criminal. I am an old school mobster here. I kill if I have to. But money and family is what matters, I ain't giving members up for a bounty etc. nanana. Please I hope people realize that guns and shit will cost them a lot. Lmao.

5 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

I am not sure if it goes too deep into TV channels and stuff but I bet the goverment will "radio" it out that someone is wanted etc. 

However to make money everyone gets the object " Gun " in their head. or Blood and so on. No,no,no! That is wrong! Why kill to only get more attention to yourself! 

I dislike killing other players. I would much more prefer stealing. So I plan a way to make money and it always works. I am not the kind of wannebe criminal. I am an old school mobster here. I kill if I have to. But money and family is what matters, I ain't giving members up for a bounty etc. nanana. Please I hope people realize that guns and shit will cost them a lot. Lmao.

I like your style "Duck", you sound like a man who wears a suit, and a man who knows how to handle himself on the streets. I hope that we could be, in a mutual friendship. 

Sincerely: Kevin Langston

49 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

I like your style "Duck", you sound like a man who wears a suit, and a man who knows how to handle himself on the streets. I hope that we could be, in a mutual friendship. 

Sincerely: Kevin Langston

To be honest I don't trust connection / associates outside family affairs. But I will make sure there won't be any misunderstanding between us. We both want the same goal. Hopefully. I hope you understand.

But indeed, we can both benefit from each other sometimes by helping each other. As you might know, I know my ways around people, but I don't like shortcuts.

I have a feeling we will talk again in the future.

1 hour ago, FlyingDuck said:

To be honest I don't trust connection / associates outside family affairs. But I will make sure there won't be any misunderstanding between us. We both want the same goal. Hopefully. I hope you understand.

But indeed, we can both benefit from each other sometimes by helping each other. As you might know, I know my ways around people, but I don't like shortcuts.

Would killing someone instantly put a marker on you? For example, if a robbery went wrong and the victim was murdered in like a back alley, would the murderer instantly be marked or would there have to be someone to actually witness things happen?

That's a great question! I think that there needs to be some balance about this.

FIRST SIDE

For example, if there was indeed a need of a witness or a mobile report from the wictim, one could simply kidnap people and murder them without ever suffering a punishment. And to this, there are 2 things to say. 1st It would feel realistic as hell. As long as nobody finds the corpse or reports a missing friend, the murdered would walk free - this is realistic as hell and very cool imo. 2nd, it would realy ruin other players time - but, in game like this people die, right. It is just another day... So maybe that would be preferable.

People should be able to defend themselves, but should not be in any kind of protection (other than police and selfedence firearm, so for example ingame system etc) from danger in form of muggers and murders.

SECOND SIDE

The second option is that a murderer will become wanted as soon as he kills his victim. That is not a real experience. Ofcourse, it could be applied like said before, to banks, some bigger stores (perhaps whose owners bought the expensive silent alarm) etc. But If you make wanted people wanted the second they commit some lower lvl crime, like a murder, they will eventualy stop, or there will be a lot less interesting experiences due to the lack of people murdering others because they are almost not allowed to get away with it AKA hardening the life of a felon, which I think is a big mistake.

So either you have a great, realistic experience where the murderer must be seen by a witness, who reports him to the police, or by a polcie officer, or the victim managed to 911 sms before the victim was killed, or some shop camera or something like that. This is great for the real experience, but could eventualy result in 7/10 people just robbing and killing their victims to get some money. And on the other hand you have a system so hightech that will automaticaly recognize and note crimes and instantly makes pople wanted. So there will be less people murdering, because it will be eventualy HARDER for criminals to be, to exist in this game. Please, a mod or someone, react to this and give it more thought. I would like to know opinions of you all with examples. Thank you! :)

Edited by Magor57
color editing

Maybe you could pay someone to distract the cops from you by staging a larger crime? Just a theory, police force might be too big for that.

On 31.1.2016 at 8:17 PM, Crumby said:

Maybe you could pay someone to distract the cops from you by staging a larger crime? Just a theory, police force might be too big for that.

some crimes will be auto reported

• Like 1

On 2/2/2016 at 4:45 PM, Shimozukachi said:

some crimes will be auto reported

Thanks for the info :3

On 30/01/2016 at 6:17 AM, Crumby said:

You could set up a few car accidents to block all roads leading into the area. Should give you some time to do what you need

Edit: or set the police station on fire

Edited by Chuc