cops6829

We have a Huge problem!

19 hours ago, cops6829 said:

The Former game developer benzies of GTA GAME have left rockstar and now is starting on an open-world game called "Everywhere" and many people are saying its like identity but much bigger also motown have tweeted them on twitter. IMG_4959.thumb.PNG.85b2c5671bdbfabdc154d

There is no way we can beat a big company :( If that game is based on an amazon engine. I wonder if that game will be released earlier than Identity. 

@Mlam I wouldn't give it that much credit. It isn't being created by Rockstar, just a few people who left Rockstar - it has nothing to do with the company. Also, the developers of Identity have been building on ideas and plans that have been in place for years, so their experience and vision will have a far bigger impact than that of someone just deciding to do it. 

Let's say you're interested in something, so you put forth an enormous amount of effort into researching, creating and developing it, and you do so with a lot of passion because it's what you've been focused on for a very long time - you know what you're doing, and the product you create will show it. Someone else then comes along and says, "hey, I could do that. It would probably make a lot of money." That person then rushes out a basic copy/paste version of what you're creating. It may be similar, but it will not be the same. 

Even if it releases early, I'm not worried about it stealing from Identity. Besides, I never put much effort or interest into pay-to-win games like they have been creating. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

@Mlam I wouldn't give it that much credit. It isn't being created by Rockstar, just a few people who left Rockstar - it has nothing to do with the company. Also, the developers of Identity have been building on ideas and plans that have been in place for years, so their experience and vision will have a far bigger impact than that of someone just deciding to do it. 

Let's say you're interested in something, so you put forth an enormous amount of effort into researching, creating and developing it, and you do so with a lot of passion because it's what you've been focused on for a very long time - you know what you're doing, and the product you create will show it. Someone else then comes along and says, "hey, I could do that. It would probably make a lot of money." That person then rushes out a basic copy/paste version of what you're creating. It may be similar, but it will not be the same. 

Even if it releases early, I'm not worried about it stealing from Identity. Besides, I never put much effort or interest into pay-to-win games like they have been creating. 

Exactly right, well said as these are my thoughts exactly!

Yeah, A game made with the passion like the Identity developers will always overthrow the passion of the developers only deliver for money. Identity is the passion and a Dream of many people but the one thing is that these devs do not care about the money and would be willing to make it for free if they had the funds to do so, I would too because this type of game is something I always really wished GTA would be but I knew that it was a impossible bet to have that. 

This game is made of true passion and true passion don't come from games made to make money and be successful.

I'm not worried about it personally. Different teams often do things very differently, and I have plenty of room in my steam library for both.

Competition in a market like this isn't always a bad thing. Naturally it was only a matter of time for this game style to develop into a genre with all of the mods etc that have been going strong for years.

That all being said if 'Everyone' has shitty P2w things like being able to buy money etc I won't be playing it, Fuck microtransactions, IMO.

• Like 1

Ok, ok.. guys. Could we first knock it off with the WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM attitude? Damn dude, you make it sound like there's a meteor heading for earth... jeez. Same goes for 70% of the posts. Where's the rational thought? You guys are making eachother scared and feeding oneanother.. gather your thoughts and take a second to look at what's happening objectively.

The facts:

- Big, powerful man from Rockstar leaves company under legal fire (big lawsuit to be following. This generally means he fucked someone over, or broke out of contract. If he did, it means he acted on emotion most probably. If that's true, that severely impacts my view on his 'greatness')

- Immediately starts up a new project after leaving Rockstar, with a minimalist approach. This means he's been plotting to do this for a while and didn't get the funding or support within Rockstar. That means that his businessplan, for now, might not be viable enough for Rockstar to accept. That tells you something about the quality.

- The minimalist website and info they're bringing out. It sounds a bit like this: "Today, I, Sir Blob Blobbetyblob am starting a new car company. I'll call it AWESUMCAR and make cars that fly! Yes! And it will be so much better than what you've ever seen. And that's all I'm telling you now! I'm starting this company with experienced people! Oh and we need 50 new employees for our office in England"  <-- silly.

All in all, I'm not saying they will or will not beat Identity. Simply because you can't at this stage. Man, if I could, I would be rich with predicting other stuff.

'Everywhere' will be... something. And that's all we know. We don't know anything about microtransactions, VR, large open worlds or not... heck it could be an augmented reality app. We don't... know.

Now stop spazzing out please.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xilion said:

Now stop spazzing out please.

Judging by COPS6829's previous posts It seems that isn't a thing he's capable of. My guess is both games will release on completely different timelines anyway.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kaitlyn said:

You can't say those Rockstar workers don't have as much passion to work on their game. They got the money. If they can design a game that have good graphics good engines, they will instantly gain popularity. Like GTA 5 they can constantly update their games.

From what i see from the identity YouTube videos, i feel like the graphic is still having some distances to the current game engine. To be honest, i don't think identity will be that big. I think we can only access a few of the buildings and have a limitation of jobs. But i am looking forward to play when the first module is released.

But i think identity is a good community. Good thing this game is release on PC otherwise release on consoles will  just be a disaster. I can see those fuck up kids screaming in game if the identity releases on consoles . :)

7 minutes ago, Mlam said:

You can't say those Rockstar workers don't have as much passion to work on their game. They got the money. If they can design a game that have good graphics good engines, they will instantly gain popularity. Like GTA 5 they can constantly update their games.

From what i see from the identity YouTube videos, i feel like the graphic is still having some distances to the current game engine. To be honest, i don't think identity will be that big. I think we can only access a few of the buildings and have a limitation of jobs. But i am looking forward to play when the first module is released.

But i think identity is a good community. Good thing this game is release on PC otherwise release on consoles will  just be a disaster. I can see those fuck up kids screaming in game if the identity releases on consoles . :)

They might have the same amount of passion because all they want is to make money and to do that they have to please the audience.

10 minutes ago, Mlam said:

The devs said they will be updating the graphics as they go along and that is like a year until the full game releases. They are restricting access to buildings in the modules but otherwise they want us to have more freedom than what other MMO's give the players.

From what I've read and heard, it does sound like it'll be A LOT like Idenity. But I think that's a good thing. A bit of competition is always good. 

And it looks like Idenity will be out sooner, Everywhere seems like it's quite a few years away since they pretty much just started it. 

I'm personally looking forward to both, and think they'll both have a different unique experience. Judging by the name "Everywhere", it sounds like they're doing a massive open world thing, kind of like The Crew with the whole United States. Everywhere. 

But yeah, we'll be playing Identity long before Everywhere comes out. :) Both games will shine in their own time. Identity for a few years, and then Everywhere. And both will shine in their own areas of gameplay, Identity might be strong for it's community, where in Everywhere it's something different. 

It actually excites me, I'm looking forward to seeing both games.

Edited by MrVice

I'm not worried at all bout Everywhere, and the reasons I've mentioned remain the same. You can fret and worry about this, or you can just relax and wait to see what happens. Either way, its release is out of anyone's control, so there's really no point at all in making a big deal about this.

This game is being developed as quickly as they can, and what you believe is a threat will not make it come out any sooner, nor do we want it to come out unfinished. If you're more interested in Everywhere, then by all means follow them, but don't expect everyone else to panic and jump ship like you. It's just a different game, it's not the end of the world, nor is it the end of Identity. 

why are you worried that another cool game is coming soon, i mean you can buy and enjoy both

also stop being fanboys please

On 01/02/2017 at 0:54 AM, Kaitlyn said:

btw,leslie benzies was against the p2w.

LOL. Guys read the prompt. "A game the fuses the real world, and virtual" and it's called "Everywhere." Clearly this is going to be an Augmented Reality game similar to pokemon go. If you look at interviews you can see this further confirmed. Benzies saying things such as "Blurring the lines between reality and a simulated world.

Totally Different from Identity.

Edited by uncannierlink

2 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Edited by Phiedrus
bad formatting - I screwed up this post, sorry about that, please delete if you find it convenient...

On 1/31/2017 at 11:04 PM, cops6829 said:

No its not going to release the q3 of this year why are you saying false things they said it on power gaming interview that only town square mod is coming out this year and the swat is coming next year in early months and the racing mod is coming late because its complicated. the beta is not coming out this year its coming in early 2019

I'm already regretting donating to identity, I'll be honest. I do not foresee this game coming to fruition at the pace that they have set themselves on. Everywhere will have been released for a year before this game launches and with the financial backing they will have in comparison is going to make this project pale in comparison. Call me a buzz kill but this is the reality of the situation.

23 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

They might have the same amount of passion because all they want is to make money and to do that they have to please the audience.

Sorry, I don't buy this.
I could equally think that the Identity devs, after having done Altis Life mod, said "Hey, you know we could make actual money from this?", and so they started Identity.

Now, I'm NOT saying the Identity devs just want to make money or that they don't have passion. That would be unfair. As it is thinking that way about Everywhere. I don't know if they put any passion in making GTA, but they made a damn great thing of it.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with aiming to make money. Want to make lots of money? Then create an awesome game. Everyone happy.

On 1/2/2017 at 1:54 AM, Kaitlyn said:

It isn't being created by Rockstar, just a few people who left Rockstar - it has nothing to do with the company.

[...]

I never put much effort or interest into pay-to-win games like they have been creating. 

So you first say that they are not Rockstar, but then you assume this will be a P2W because "that's what they have been creating". This doesn't sound fair to me either. Moreover, we should give some thought about to what extent the gifts we backers are getting are purely cosmetic...

I'm an Identity backer and want it to become the game I want to play, as much as you do, but I don't see why this means we should be against Everywhere. Besides, most of what I read here against Everywhere doesn't have very strong foundations. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CommanderShepard said:

I'm already regretting donating to identity, I'll be honest. I do not foresee this game coming to fruition at the pace that they have set themselves on. Everywhere will have been released for a year before this game launches and with the financial backing they will have in comparison is going to make this project pale in comparison. Call me a buzz kill but this is the reality of the situation.

Is there no down-vote option for posts? So we can down-vote this trash this guy is talking.

Edited by Boothy

2 hours ago, Phiedrus said:

Sorry, I don't buy this.
I could equally think that the Identity devs, after having done Altis Life mod, said "Hey, you know we could make actual money from this?", and so they started Identity.

Now, I'm NOT saying the Identity devs just want to make money or that they don't have passion. That would be unfair. As it is thinking that way about Everywhere. I don't know if they put any passion in making GTA, but they made a damn great thing of it.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with aiming to make money. Want to make lots of money? Then create an awesome game. Everyone happy.

So you first say that they are not Rockstar, but then you assume this will be a P2W because "that's what they have been creating". This doesn't sound fair to me either. Moreover, we should give some thought about to what extent the gifts we backers are getting are purely cosmetic...

I'm an Identity backer and want it to become the game I want to play, as much as you do, but I don't see why this means we should be against Everywhere. Besides, most of what I read here against Everywhere doesn't have very strong foundations. 

*insert thank you gif* thats exactly what i wanted to say, they are hating on Everywhere, because simply they are fanboys.

2 hours ago, Phiedrus said:

Sorry, I don't buy this.

I meant that the devs making other games, care more about the money than the game. They have the passion to making us great games because they can make a lot of money.

The Identity dev's are making there Dream game and that is there passion for the game, it is not only a game for us but a game that they have never seen done and so they decided that they could make that game as it is something they have always wanted. They also know it would be successful yes because of their mod on Arma 3.  (My Opinion)

Does that make more sense?

Also I like the idea they have with making that game, because the more competition the better. 

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Phiedrus said:

I never said anywhere that we should be against Everywhere - odds are I'll try it too. I own hundreds of games, and tend to give most every game a try. Never did I say we should be down on or trash it, I'm simply replying to those who believe the sky is falling. I'm respond tho those who believe that Everywhere is going to kill Identity - it's not. I'm simply highlighting the differences and the reasons why Identity is safe. 

I hate to say some are overreacting, but some are overreacting.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:32 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

I meant that the devs making other games, care more about the money than the game. They have the passion to making us great games because they can make a lot of money.

I may have misinterpreted you. This being the case as you state above, I agree for the most part. I mean, it's easy to be in the side of what we are after. Personally I think mostly every developer who does a good job, it is as a result of  a mix of passion and money. We can think Identity developers are really after their dream game, but that's probably what I would say if I was in the team. Maybe they are trully 100% passionate about the game itself, but I can't help being halfway doubtful. Yet I give them my money because I want to contribute to their motivation.

On 3/2/2017 at 7:12 AM, Kaitlyn said:

I never said anywhere that we should be against Everywhere - odds are I'll try it too. I own hundreds of games, and tend to give most every game a try. Never did I say we should be down on or trash it, I'm simply replying to those who believe the sky is falling. I'm respond tho those who believe that Everywhere is going to kill Identity - it's not. I'm simply highlighting the differences and the reasons why Identity is safe. 

The paragraph you mention wasn't particuarly aimed to you. I obviously didn't do a good job separating it enough from the rest of the text where I was replying, and in that paragraph I expressed an impression I got about the majority of the thread. Turns out we are mostly in the same side on this one.

I also don't see any problem at all. The GTA series always show the criminal stuff, no immersion or role-play on any of their official online servers. Just a bunch of people shooting at each other. At identity at least from the forums you can see people waiting to start businesses ask about clothing, cars, character in-depth customizations etc. Identity won't have any competition problems.

If anyone ever learned anything from R*Games. . .  It's that: They're not out for their players, they're out for the almighty dollar.  R* has pissed me off more than enough times.  I will never, EVER, EVER EVER EVER, buy or play another R* game.  They don't give two sh!!ts about their players, they just want the money.  SO, with that being said. . .  No, we do not have a problem, it's actually a solution. . .  Maybe this is where all those 8yr old GTA fan boys will be finding themselves, instead of being a bunch of squeekers on Identity. . . and to add, they don't even have a single picture on their website, ROFLMAO!

Edited by Saint6