JoelKeys

Dear Anyone Running For Governor

Hello all. 

As a potential future Governor, I thought it would be a great idea for all of the candidates get together in a group chat somewhere and discuss some political guidelines that we will all follow. Things like no false promises, etc. essentially just some guidelines that we all have to follow in order to be classed as an eligible candidate. In America you have to be an american born citizen and over 18 I believe, and while I know these don't apply here its the same concept. These guidelines can be ignored but it will seriously hinder your chances of becoming Governor.

I also want to discuss certain laws. We should decide a set of laws that cannot be changed, for example murder. If you win the election, you must enforce these laws. So for example having a 30% tax wouldn't be one because each Governor can decide what they think will suit the economy, but things like theft should never be allowed no matter who is in charge. Again, you can change these set laws but we as candidates will do everything we can to ensure you only win if you follow these laws and guidelines.

We won't include any that there is conflict on, for example maybe 3/10 people don't agree with you having to keep your promises, so that wouldn't be included. Once we have completed these lists and conflicts, I will make a post outlining everything for the citizens so that they know if we are breaking the standards. 

Let me know who would like to participate in this group discussion and when you are available to do so. 

Thanks,

~ Joel.

• Like 2

First off, love the idea. I think it would show the maturity level of candidates to have constructive discussion on guidelines. But here's a quick suggestion.

Among these future governors, I think it would be beneficial to have an impartial moderator to oversee the discussion, in order to have a mature and beneficial discussion without going off on a political tangent or arguement, and to stay focused on the goal of establishing basic guidelines.

Just my two cents.

Alrighty guys until we get more people involved I think it would be easiest to do it on the forums in a private group chat, however if and when more candidates start to get involved we may need to move to Teamspeak or Discord or something of the like. Ill add you fellows soon, thank you for your interest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sporan said:

If you ever want to start a Discord server up, just say the word. I'll run it. 

Yeah well if that isnt a bother could you set one up now? Just so we can kinda speak whenever about these guidelines.

13 minutes ago, chuck_01272003 said:

i will probable not vote for you sence your a mugger. 

If you aren't here to be serious and mature, please leave.

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

Yeah well if that isnt a bother could you set one up now? Just so we can kinda speak whenever about these guidelines.

I'll have to set it up tomorrow, in the meantime I think more candidates should get on board with this idea. I'll send a link when it's set up :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThomasHetch said:

I agree with the discord thing

Feel free to join when able!

The link is in chat, and once we get a good amount of candidates we can begin discussion.

Also, just wanted to commend @JoelKeys for the great idea again!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I'll install discord on my laptop and if you guys are up for this group discussion I'll happily contribute

Nice! It's also a phone app, if that's more convenient. 

• Like 1