Sporan

Setting Precendent

Hey! I wasn't sure if this would go on this section of the forums, but due to it being about the law, I figured it would be.

Throughout history, important court cases have been used to set precedent over certain matters (Roe v. Wade, Brown v. Board, etc.). These cases range from civil rights to repeals and revisions on laws deemed unconstitutional. 

My question is this, and forgive me if it's been asked. Will different court cases be recorded and documented, and allowed to be used in future court cases as precedent to shape our law?

Thanks! :)

Very interesting question. Might be something for people that have created a lot of crime/mayhem and when he is finally caught it could be something that is documented and recorded.

29 minutes ago, Sporan said:

Hey! I wasn't sure if this would go on this section of the forums, but due to it being about the law, I figured it would be.

Throughout history, important court cases have been used to set precedent over certain matters (Roe v. Wade, Brown v. Board, etc.). These cases range from civil rights to repeals and revisions on laws deemed unconstitutional. 

My question is this, and forgive me if it's been asked. Will different court cases be recorded and documented, and allowed to be used in future court cases as precedent to shape our law?

Thanks! :)

Nothing in-game will get recorded unless by someone like a judge uses a recording software outside of the game. 

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Nothing in-game will get recorded unless by someone like a judge uses a recording software outside of the game. 

In which case pointless unless someone wants to record for youtube videos.

9 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I don't think I clarified my point. I don't mean recorded as in video taped. I mean documented in the sense that someone in the courtroom or something automated records some type of file, or the judge has to fill something out, about what the case is about, and what the verdict was.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sporan said:

I don't think I clarified my point. I don't mean recorded as in video taped. I mean documented in the sense that someone in the courtroom or something automated records some type of file, or the judge has to fill something out, about what the case is about, and what the verdict was.

That's a good question and I hope so!

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

That's a good question and I hope so!

I just wanted to bring this point up, as it'd be interesting to see law take shape over the course of history on the island, especially in the case of high profile crimes and criminals being prosecuted. Or in the case of civil law, if a business practice is deemed unethical in a suit.

Thanks for the response btw! :D