Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Oil Tycoon

I'd give up being a criminal to be an oil tycoon...there's no difference but I think it'd be cool to own an oil company where I can hire service men to go out into different parts of the map to collect oil. Maybe this can link to petrol and other stuff...

Just an idea. 

-petrol and other minerals too.

-adding offshore oil rigs would create more jobs.

Oil-and-gas-spending-drilling-photo.jpg

Oil_and_Gas_2.jpg

Edited by Zeus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

I'd give up being a criminal to be an oil tycoon...there's no difference but I think it'd be cool to own an oil company where I can hire service men to go out into different parts of the map to collect oil. Maybe this can link to petrol and other stuff...

Just an idea. 

-petrol and other minerals too.

People have very recently started asking about this and well even @HairyGrenade has no info, as he said nothing has been mentioned about this before. 

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

People have very recently started asking about this and well even @HairyGrenade has no info, as he said nothing has been mentioned about this before. 

Yeah i'm pitching it as an idea, I even messaged Mo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackabm said:

There is a mining Industry. I think oil would be fun. Maybe it has to be used for cars aswell!

Yeah just a massive change from everything else. 

Yeah, it would be really cool if the oil concept were added to the list of corporations within the game.

It makes sense that vehicles and other motorized machinery should have to run off petrol which would also create career options to work in a petrol station pumping gas or an oil refinery etc

It leaves me with the question of how you would be able to run machinery early in the game though as i would expect that owning an oil corp would cost millions if not billions to buy in turn leaving a server void of all petrol since nobody would have advanced far enough to actually own an oil corp in the early stages of the game.

On 1/23/2017 at 2:22 PM, smash1985 said:

It leaves me with the question of how you would be able to run machinery early in the game though as i would expect that owning an oil corp would cost millions if not billions to buy in turn leaving a server void of all petrol since nobody would have advanced far enough to actually own an oil corp in the early stages of the game.

Easy, you don't buy it. You start your own oil company with 1/2 employees and work your way up. And if you did have to buy it you'd have to work hard. I've got plans.

If they were to add it that would be nice I guess. I have a feeling if they did it would run like selling drugs you do all the gathering and refining of resources and sell it to a npc. It would not affect the ability for players to purchase petrol ( prices may vary ) if nobody was collecting oil. It would just simply mean nobody chose that career. 

They can't put a choke hold on the whole server if nobody wanted to be in oil industry. This is all just my opinion.