Sign in to follow this  
toxicreign020

The health system

Has anything been said about how Damage is going to work? I've read that weapons/firearms will be hard for a person to come by, which is great, but it got me thinking, when someone finally does get ahold of a good fire arm (assault rifle, or other extremely rare weapon) how will it work? Will it work like a real gun where only a shot or two will take the person down? or will it be more game-like in the fact that it will take more than just a few rounds to take the player down if not shot in the head?

On the one hand i feel like making rare firearms or firearms in general high damage would be a good reward for finally getting a hold of one and would really give you that lethal edge.

But then im also kind of feeling like it would be a little TOO broken if thats how it ends up working.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toxicreign020 said:

Has anything been said about how Damage is going to work? I've read that weapons/firearms will be hard for a person to come by, which is great, but it got me thinking, when someone finally does get ahold of a good fire arm (assault rifle, or other extremely rare weapon) how will it work? Will it work like a real gun where only a shot or two will take the person down? or will it be more game-like in the fact that it will take more than just a few rounds to take the player down if not shot in the head?

On the one hand i feel like making rare firearms or firearms in general high damage would be a good reward for finally getting a hold of one and would really give you that lethal edge.

But then im also kind of feeling like it would be a little TOO broken if thats how it ends up working.

Injuries and bullet impacts will be realistic, so if someone gets shot in the leg once that leg will become limp and they will need to heal it someway. Things like this could get annoying and could always be adjusted. 

• Like 1

It has been discussed that the weapons act like their real counterparts. So mastering the gun in the first place will be extremely difficult. Probially 1 shot to the head maybe 2-3 shots to the body depending where they get shot. They also might bleed out. Swat will have body armour so maybe only high calibre guns will be affective against them. Possible gun jams might happen and it has also been confirmed if you don't look after your gun (clean it and take care of it) deal less damage, be harder to control or possibly even fail. 

Edited by Jackabm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jackabm said:

It has been discussed that the weapons act like their real counterparts. So mastering the gun in the first place will be extremely difficult. Probially 1 shot to the head maybe 2-3 shots to the body depending where they get shot. They also might bleed out. Swat will have body armour so maybe only high calibre guns will be affective against them. Possible gun jams might happen and it has also been confirmed if you don't look after your gun (clean it and take care of it) deal less damage, be harder to control or possibly even fail. 

well if thats the case then will there be things like firing ranges and stuff to practice in?

I'm hoping it's as realistic as possible, insta kill whenever you're shot on the head is the way I think it should be.

Also wondering if health will regenerate like on games such as Call of Duty, or if you'll need to go to a hospital to be bandaged up. Think it's silly if I were to be shot in the chest and my health regenerates within minutes 

10 hours ago, samrichardsonn said:

I'm hoping it's as realistic as possible, insta kill whenever you're shot on the head is the way I think it should be.

Also wondering if health will regenerate like on games such as Call of Duty, or if you'll need to go to a hospital to be bandaged up. Think it's silly if I were to be shot in the chest and my health regenerates within minutes 

You will not auto regen health if it is severe. You will need to call the paramedics or go to the doctors

10 hours ago, toxicreign020 said:

well if thats the case then will there be things like firing ranges and stuff to practice in?

I'm not sure if there is. But you have to get a gun licence in the game to legally own a gun. So a gun range is most likely going to be in the game. 

23 hours ago, Jackabm said:

I'm not sure if there is. But you have to get a gun licence in the game to legally own a gun. So a gun range is most likely going to be in the game. 

oh a firearms license? oh boy i can tell theres gonna be alot of strict rules on firearms now. All it takes one kid complaining that the cops wrongfully stripped him of his firearm license.

5 minutes ago, toxicreign020 said:

oh a firearms license? oh boy i can tell theres gonna be alot of strict rules on firearms now. All it takes one kid complaining that the cops wrongfully stripped him of his firearm license.

There are two reasons for the gun licence. 1. To make it realistic. 2. To Greatly Reduce RDM. The police will most likely be the dedicated RPers and since they are RPing real life, a kid probably won't be able to do anything about it. After all, America has some pretty hostile cops.