Sign in to follow this  
yoyo

What if twitch streamer was a career

Since you already can watch in-game people playing identity. What if identity paid players an amount of in-game cash for their # of views. This would be cool since it is similar. This would be also beneficial to the devs because it would be an incentive for people to advertise the game. Of course, there should be caps on the amount of money paid so people like PewDiePie can't stream a session of identity and make a million. This doesn't seem like a difficult feature to implement and it would be very very cool.

9 hours ago, yoyo said:

Since you already can watch in-game people playing identity. What if identity paid players an amount of in-game cash for their # of views. This would be cool since it is similar. This would be also beneficial to the devs because it would be an incentive for people to advertise the game. Of course, there should be caps on the amount of money paid so people like PewDiePie can't stream a session of identity and make a million. This doesn't seem like a difficult feature to implement and it would be very very cool.

Why? You can't record in-game so why have something like this? I would think this is a waste of time if we can't have things like CCTV around the map then why is this anything worth doing. CCTV adds more immersion, what would your idea bring?

I like the concept. But it wouldn't be able to work. Twitch isn't in the game (legal reasons). How would they be able to monitor it? It would disrupt the economy becuase of famous people getting money. Why would they get money for streaming Identity.  

I think if you can live-stream to the ingame tv - then you could probably take advantage of being a streamer by getting people to pay you to record and stream them doing something interesting... maybe a SWAT team would like to pay you to show everybody how much they kick arse for instance - but this kind of service would probably require legal contracts 

45 minutes ago, Oddball1 said:

I think if you can live-stream to the ingame tv - then you could probably take advantage of being a streamer by getting people to pay you to record and stream them doing something interesting... maybe a SWAT team would like to pay you to show everybody how much they kick arse for instance - but this kind of service would probably require legal contracts 

Haha. Nice one