Sign in to follow this  
yoyo

What progress will be saved on a server and what transfer between servers?

I'm unsure if this has already been asked since there are 7,923 posts. I've been wondering what stuff will be able to transfer between servers since some servers will become full. For example, will career progress save as you travel between servers. I've heard that some positions like dispatcher or chief have only one on the server. Are corporations server specific if not how could they compete with other corporations. 

Thanks

Edited by yoyo
politeness
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, yoyo said:

I'm unsure if this has already been asked since there are 7,923 posts. I've been wondering what stuff will be able to transfer between servers since some servers will become full. For example, will career progress save as you travel between servers. I've heard that some positions like dispatcher or chief have only one on the server. Are corporations server specific if not how could they compete with other corporations.  

If you make a corporation it will be on that server you make it on. I am sure, well definitely on private servers. However on official servers you will be able to transfer your characters over to each official server but your wanted level also goes with you if you have one. If you decorate your apartment (pledge apartment) then it will carry over but the you will have to start again on the decorating. @HairyGrenade can tell you more.

16 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If you make a corporation it will be on that server you make it on. I am sure, well definitely on private servers. However on official servers you will be able to transfer your characters over to each official server but your wanted level also goes with you if you have one. If you decorate your apartment (pledge apartment) then it will carry over but the you will have to start again on the decorating. @HairyGrenade can tell you more.

How often will you change servers? What will happen to your house (not apartment). When you log back into the game do you join the same server or is it non-dedicated?

26 minutes ago, Jackabm said:

How often will you change servers? What will happen to your house (not apartment). When you log back into the game do you join the same server or is it non-dedicated?

Your house you bought on server 1 will only be your on server 1 unless they have changed that decision. 1 person can own that house on each server. so I would stick to the same server.

13 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Your house you bought on server 1 will only be your on server 1 unless they have changed that decision. 1 person can own that house on each server. so I would stick to the same server.

So the servers are dedicated?

8 hours ago, Jackabm said:

So the servers are dedicated?

There is still character transfer on official servers

42 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

There is still character transfer on official servers

But if someone owns a house you can stay on the same server so you can keep your house and stay in the same community of people?

8 minutes ago, Jackabm said:

But if someone owns a house you can stay on the same server so you can keep your house and stay in the same community of people?

Please explain a little as I don't understand fully what you mean.

51 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Please explain a little as I don't understand fully what you mean.

Since you can buy a house in the world, when you log back into the game, do you stay on the same server that you were on before? If not, there is no point buying a house. Or are the servers dedicated meaning you get to choose what server you want to go on. 

6 minutes ago, Jackabm said:

Since you can buy a house in the world, when you log back into the game, do you stay on the same server that you were on before? If not, there is no point buying a house. Or are the servers dedicated meaning you get to choose what server you want to go on. 

Servers are dedicated, but the house stays on the server you was on before.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Servers are dedicated, but the house stays on the server you was on before.

Ok. Great. So people will probably play on around 2-3 offical servers becuase the character transfers over. Great. Thanks.