Sign in to follow this  
Jdemiers17

Currency Idea

Hi there, the game looks pretty cool and very ambitious. I came up with this idea a few years ago. I want to incorporate it into a futuristic sci plot one day but I also think it would fit into a video game fairly well to.

It takes a little bit of algebra to comprehend it but it's not that bad. Ask if any thing needs clarifying.

Its called "MONEY BACKED BY PEOPLE"

$X per person (citizen) in the system.

Digital database, no print. (its a video game so of course.)

25%X goes directly to goverment on birth. (charactor creation)

75%X gets distributed directly to the citizen. (In a lump sum or a paycheck every in game week, whatever works.)

Y = Total money in the system.

Y/X = Population

When a character gets deleted or dies then $X dollars needs to come out of the system.

So (hourly, daily, weekly) taxes (for lack of a better word) need to be deducted from every in game dollar so that there is always $X per person in the game and Y/X equals the population of people in the game.

Taxes = ($X(total deleted charactors)/Y)

Ok so that's my idea hopefully it's comprehensible. I also have bachelors of computer science in animation so I could maybe help with modeling someday but I don't have a good work computer at the moment.

Jonathan

I'm attatching a photo with the original formula.

551501_498380656875655_2135041988_n.jpg

This is an overly complicated system and serves the same purpose (with no added benefit) of a system that works perfectly fine. This system is called the free market.

You only need 2 things to set it up.

1. A method for currency to be generated (maybe from selling crap to NPCs)

2. A method for currency to be destroyed (this could be a bunch of different methods, including death tax, AI vendors, hospital bills, housing taxes etc.)

Players can earn money by working for other players (who have starting capital) or by doing one of the methods that currency is generated.

This system is much simpler and infinitely scale-able.

Edited by uncannierlink
  • Like 1

So if I understand there is always a constant amount of money in the game and that is what gets distributed around?