Oblivion

question about starting a business

i see many people have been claiming businesses already on the forums, would i have to also announce my business here on the forums first? also for example can i open a business similar to someone else and we compete?

1 hour ago, Oblivion said:

i see many people have been claiming businesses already on the forums, would i have to also announce my business here on the forums first? also for example can i open a business similar to someone else and we compete?

Of course you can! Although it would probably be best to make sure your buisness has SOMETHING unique about it to prevent it from being outcompeted by previously established businesses. Also, this post would probably fit more in the questions area of the forums. Good luck!

To put the topics you can read in this section a bit in context, I'd say there is some mixture of initiatives based on what we know and some of them including a bit of hype on top of it, so the end result may or may not be 100% what you can actually expect in the final game.

Let's not forget that, so far, we know that there will be lots of possible activities the player can take, jobs and careers, and some of them have been more defined than others. There are business the player can own, such as stores, but some others the players cannot own, such as night clubs. Even if you own a shop, there is probably an NPC taking care of it, since you are not expected to sit in your shop all day waiting for people to come in.

Other kind of activities allow us to begin establishing our business, such as lawyers, truck drivers, furniture manufacturers... the details how each of these businesses will work is not yet so clear.

Finally there is also the emergent gameplay. Guns will be rare, but maybe a dedicated gang can try and get them and organize their group, then offer their services in a wide variety of ways. Those may not be a business in game 'per se', but nothing stops you from actually making it work.

That said, you don't need to announce your business here and, depending on what business you are thinking of, you certainly could open one similar to another and compete. I have only seen that servers will have a cap in the number of government players and cops, but saw nothing about businesses cap.

• Like 2

i just want to know where this guys  gonna find the money, i mean you sure gonna need alot of money to make a transport service since cars are expensive

2 hours ago, mezdoo said:

i just want to know where this guys  gonna find the money, i mean you sure gonna need alot of money to make a transport service since cars are expensive

People have had other players thinking or going to be potential investors for different people who have started structuring their company and showing the plans on the forum.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

People have had other players thinking or going to be potential investors for different people who have started structuring their company and showing the plans on the forum.

Oh ok i understand now