Sign in to follow this  
samrichardsonn

Corrupt police

Was reading through the forums and came about a topic about the prospect of criminals having expensive items seized off of them by police, it then had me thinking how controlled are the police going to be? What's stopping them from taking say an AK-47 or a ton of drugs and either stashing them for himself or give to a buddy. Where will confiscated items go? Will there be a bin like system where they are destroyed or will there be a 'evidence room' type thing? 

There will be a system regarding corruption as it will be an official rule stating that you can not be corrupt as a cop or government official regarding the police force. 

However I am not sure that will work as there are always people being corrupt.

Anyhow I am not sure about this "bin" system or other systems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingDuck said:

There will be a system regarding corruption as it will be an official rule stating that you can not be corrupt as a cop or government official regarding the police force. 

Is there a source for this or are you just talking out of your butt?

1 hour ago, AlanDavidson said:

Considering he tried to help you out I'd try and be more greatful. If you are looking for information that isn't so to speak 'Out of our butts' then you won't find an awful lot. Check the official announcements for that.

• Like 2

I know that on the official servers "You cannot be a corrupt cop" as I have asked and got the answer which was there will be a system in place to stop corruption.

12 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I know that on the official servers "You cannot be a corrupt cop" as I have asked and got the answer which was there will be a system in place to stop corruption.

How would you actually achieve that though, that seems impossible to me?

21 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

How would you actually achieve that though, that seems impossible to me?

e.g.  A system that will remove them from cop I think. I will ask the question again to refresh my memory aswell as I have a migraine right now which don't help.

39 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Considering he tried to help you out I'd try and be more greatful. If you are looking for information that isn't so to speak 'Out of our butts' then you won't find an awful lot. Check the official announcements for that.

Considering I'm not the person that asked the question and was mostly making a joke I 'd try and take 2 seconds to think before you jump in to their rescue.

Allow me to translate for people with 0 sense o' humor or ability to discern hostility from casual conversation:

He said it in a pretty-matter of fact way with quite a bit of certainty behind it. Considering I typically follow/read all the dev posts already  and have heard no such statement made me wonder if it was a legit answer that has been made, or if he is Just inserting his own opinion as fact. Which in turn James actually answered for us.

Can say whatever you want here, but its a pretty healthy idea to remember to specify if one is using speculation, or quoting them directly.

43 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Thanks, It seems my attempt at humor was lost on some of the folk in here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlanDavidson said:

Thanks, It seems my attempt at humor was lost on some of the folk in here.

Nah you're just bad at making jokes mate xD 

I think it's quite an easy mechanic to implement that one to avoid corrupt police.

Opinion follows:
Pretty much as JAMESLUCK01 said, removing your police status when commiting crime is enough. Not only that, you well might get a wanted status and, if I was to implement it, I would give a higher wanted status, since using your police status to make it easier for you to commit crime, that crime would be higher.

3 hours ago, AlanDavidson said:

Considering I'm not the person that asked the question and was mostly making a joke I 'd try and take 2 seconds to think before you jump in to their rescue.

Allow me to translate for people with 0 sense o' humor or ability to discern hostility from casual conversation:

He said it in a pretty-matter of fact way with quite a bit of certainty behind it. Considering I typically follow/read all the dev posts already  and have heard no such statement made me wonder if it was a legit answer that has been made, or if he is Just inserting his own opinion as fact. Which in turn James actually answered for us.

Can say whatever you want here, but its a pretty healthy idea to remember to specify if one is using speculation, or quoting them directly.

If I quote a person, I will give source. If you simply wanted a source (which you did and that is fine) I would have replied like I am doing now with this exact answer.

I remember reading about it from one of the developers regarding this issue but they did not speak a lot about it. Whether it was on Twitter or here, I do not remember nor can I quote them as I am absolutely too lazy to find it. But I can assure you it has been said that the corruption will be an official law on official servers. However the philosophy of corruption will never be tainted nor fade away. So of course rules can be implied for that one person. I am sure you will receive a much more better quote or answer from someone whom is either willing to link you the source or either give you an answer as a staff member.

I am also going to point out that this forum has not really developed any sense of humour so not really any point in trying that, either way I apologise for the late response.

31 minutes ago, FlyingDuck said:

If I quote a person, I will give source. If you simply wanted a source (which you did and that is fine) I would have replied like I am doing now with this exact answer.

I remember reading about it from one of the developers regarding this issue but they did not speak a lot about it. Whether it was on Twitter or here, I do not remember nor can I quote them as I am absolutely too lazy to find it. But I can assure you it has been said that the corruption will be an official law on official servers. However the philosophy of corruption will never be tainted nor fade away. So of course rules can be implied for that one person. I am sure you will receive a much more better quote or answer from someone whom is either willing to link you the source or either give you an answer as a staff member.

I am also going to point out that this forum has not really developed any sense of humour so not really any point in trying that, either way I apologise for the late response.

No worries bud, I was more a bit off-put at Kickapoo's odd response than anything, Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Nah you're just bad at making jokes mate xD 

Ah, I will be sure to use many Kappas and Lels when joking as per internet tradition, legit meant no disrespect to the fella haha

Now back on topic of the actual discussion at hand; I think the player will always find ways to be corrupt to a degree, whether its through mechanics or meta-gaming in general. BUT Hopefully the systems in place will prevent Cops from griefing or being too terrible to an extent. I am sure there will be ways to RP a corrupt officer though.

I am curious about how that will work exactly, but I'm sure it will be subject to change even after release if something proves problematic. I intend to play as a (Mostly) Crime free Civ so it would be nice to know I'm not going to get arrested for no reason. :)

Ah, I will be sure to use many Kappas and Lels when joking as per internet tradition, legit meant no disrespect to the fella haha

No, as in what you said was not comedic, in the slightest. The 'ha ha ha' sound did not come out of my mouth. 

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

No, as in what you said was not comedic, in the slightest. The 'ha ha ha' sound did not come out of my mouth. 

Good for you? I didn't recall saying it was a funny joke, not sure why you're trying to be so edgy here.

NVM looking at your posts I'd say you just take things a bit too seriously, I understand guy it's okay.

Edited by AlanDavidson