toxicreign020

In-Depth Personal Hygene

im not sure if this topic has been touched on, but im sure a game this detailed has added some sort of "personal health" system with showering and such, and if not, that's what im here to suggest.

A person can be only as cleanly as their job, and that should be reflected in game. If a coal miner neglects to wash his clothes for a week or even change them, that shouldnt be reflected in the same regards as say... a secretary.

I was thinking a system should be added that allows players to do simple things such as shower, brush their teeth, wash their clothes, and so on, that if left neglected, will effect their exterior appearance.

It would open just another little fun bit for RP (example, man becomes a serial killer and is forced to hide out in the woods for weeks, shouldnt be able to blend in perfectly the day he returns to town, he should come back looking like a pile of mud since hes been sleeping in it for years, make the cops jobs a bit easier).

It would also allow another branch for business. maybe you want to save money and not buy a washer/dryer. maybe you dont have a spot where you can hang a clothesline, so where do you go? the laundromat.

or hell, you can choose to wash your clothes in the sink, and hang them out the window to dry and hope they dont get stolen.

what are your thoughts/opinions on this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toxicreign020 said:

im not sure if this topic has been touched on, but im sure a game this detailed has added some sort of "personal health" system with showering and such, and if not, that's what im here to suggest.

A person can be only as cleanly as their job, and that should be reflected in game. If a coal miner neglects to wash his clothes for a week or even change them, that shouldnt be reflected in the same regards as say... a secretary.

I was thinking a system should be added that allows players to do simple things such as shower, brush their teeth, wash their clothes, and so on, that if left neglected, will effect their exterior appearance.

It would open just another little fun bit for RP (example, man becomes a serial killer and is forced to hide out in the woods for weeks, shouldnt be able to blend in perfectly the day he returns to town, he should come back looking like a pile of mud since hes been sleeping in it for years, make the cops jobs a bit easier).

It would also allow another branch for business. maybe you want to save money and not buy a washer/dryer. maybe you dont have a spot where you can hang a clothesline, so where do you go? the laundromat.

or hell, you can choose to wash your clothes in the sink, and hang them out the window to dry and hope they dont get stolen.

what are your thoughts/opinions on this?

When you come up with things like this you have to actually consider it from the devs' viewpoint and whether it is really worth spending the time implementing all the mechanics you mention. To me they sound too arbitrary to be worth it, and having too many hunger bars/hygiene bars etc will just make it a copy of the sims. However I'm sure your player can shower, wash their hands etc but only as a cosmetic extra to the game, not necessarily giving any benefit to the player. 

@toxicreign020 Some of these are confirmed like using a shower and well using a toilet is another one but not mentioned from you both. These things are not in anyway going to benefit you, they are purely an extra like @Kickapoo said, now please you should do like @Kickapoo said, "look at it from the devs point of view" however would be great but not necessary additions. It has been confirmed you don't need to use these extras in the game but can.... But coming to the part where you said; 

4 hours ago, toxicreign020 said:

Well apartments and houses are instanced and so the stuff you hang out would not be able to get stolen.

3 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

When you come up with things like this you have to actually consider it from the devs' viewpoint and whether it is really worth spending the time implementing all the mechanics you mention. To me they sound too arbitrary to be worth it, and having too many hunger bars/hygiene bars etc will just make it a copy of the sims. However I'm sure your player can shower, wash their hands etc but only as a cosmetic extra to the game, not necessarily giving any benefit to the player. 

You don't need a hygiene bar, you can look in the mirror and tell yourself if you look dirty or just have a shower. If it is a need it doesn't necessarily need a bar telling you how "dirty/hungry/thirsty etc" you are. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say)

• Like 2

ya know if we do have to go to the bathroom in the game it would be good for cops, cause like what if the guy can't hold it and pisses in public...boom Ticket

This would be a very cool, little thing to add. Yes and it would really be a cool thing for the cops to watch for lol.