facade

Life is Strange

So, anyone playing this game or have played it? I have had the game since February 2015 and played through the game 3 times. I won't give any spoilers and hope no one here does either.

It's a 5 part episodic game where you play as a photography student at an elite highschool named Max Caulfield who learns that she has the power to reverse time. It quickly turns into a mystery solving game of sorts farther into the game. It's heavily story based and is more like an interactive movie than anything else. Choice based dialogues all the way to major choices throughout the game are one of the biggest features. And the soundtrack is at least 50% if not more of the game.

It's currently on humble bundle for anyone thinking about buying it.

I hope there are others here that share my love and passion for the game and perhaps we can have our own little LiS gang when Identity releases. Or just talk about it here.

I'd encourage you to use spoiler tags if you really need to post a spoiler about something.

http://lifeisstrange.com/index.php

https://www.humblebundle.com/ - to buy the game at a discounted price and donate to worthy charities at the same time.

Edited by facade
  • Like 1

I just bought this game this morning after a member of our community recommended it to me. Looking forward to playing it!

• Like 2

I would be happy to know what you and anyone thinks of the game after playing the first episode at least. :) 

I've played every episode, and let me tell you.

The game is so damn good, literally everything about it.

The music, the artwork, the story, the originality. Shit made me cry. So amazing. 100% recommended

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

Shit made me cry. So amazing. 100% recommended

I was literally traumatised after the end of episode 3. I still have scar from it and everything else that happened.

1 minute ago, facade said:

I was literally traumatised after the end of episode 3. I still have scar from it and everything else that happened.

please, that's nothing compared to episode 4 ending, or episode 5 decisions. I won't say more though!

1 minute ago, Atmosphere said:

please, that's nothing compared to episode 4 ending, or episode 5 decisions. I won't say more though!

Oh believe me I know. That was just when shit got real for me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

Goodluck man, you're gonna need it.

If you're talking to me, I've played through all episodes 3 times lol. 

But good luck to anyone else that hasn't :P

4 minutes ago, facade said:

If you're talking to me, I've played through all episodes 3 times lol. 

But good luck to anyone else that hasn't :P

ooh, I thought you meant through all 3 episodes, my bad man haha.

Just now, Atmosphere said:

ooh, I thought you meant through all 3 episodes, my bad man haha.

It's alright. But yes, I am a seasoned veteran. I have battle scars.

Personaly me I think first episode's 2nd part wasn't that fun.. But in general game was amazing! I loved it, except I was sad with ending. They could make different ending, but other than that I felt in love with the game. When there were only 3 episodes I finished all of them and got til end of 3rd episode and the plot twist was just mind blowing... And then like after half year or something I downloaded the game and finished it. Now Im just waiting for Life is Strange 2. Cuz I heard it's comming out somewhere on 2017 I think.

Anyhow good game!

On 12/18/2016 at 4:08 AM, DoctorFosterGloster said:

Can anyone recomend me (and the community) games that are similar to Life is Strange? 

Beyond two souls, and anything else by quantic dream. The walking dead, Oxenfree, Dreamfall Chapters. Just to name a few.

On 18.12.2016 at 11:08 AM, DoctorFosterGloster said:

Can anyone recomend me (and the community) games that are similar to Life is Strange? 

similar controls?

look at the games telltale published :D

I've been wanting this game for a while! Wish I'd caught it while it was still on Humble Bundle! Gonna wait for it to go on sale again :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rylet said:

I've been wanting this game for a while! Wish I'd caught it while it was still on Humble Bundle! Gonna wait for it to go on sale again :/

Cool. First episode is free btw, if you wanted to try it out first. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, facade said:

Cool. First episode is free btw, if you wanted to try it out first. 

Whaaat I will download it! Thanks!!

I found the story riveting and actually impactful. The story drove itself with it's intense cliffhangers and the way it keep itself going. I didn't feel the same way with TWD. I hope they realize that it needs a second season to carry off what ending was put with a Season 1. Personally, I would pick the Clohe ending. No spoilers... Just.. Rip up the picture.

On 12/23/2016 at 8:56 PM, facade said:

Beyond two souls, and anything else by quantic dream. The walking dead, Oxenfree, Dreamfall Chapters. Just to name a few.

Don't forget the Borderlands games.. And if you're feeling really adventurous go and pick up Tell Tale Jurassic Park point and click game. Terrible game, but it's an oldy