Sign in to follow this  
506plays

Mass Shootings Are RDM!

There are no difference between a mass shooting and an RDM. they bring many deaths in seconds. @Motown said on twitter their will be metal detectors on malls,university,zoo, so what if someone was outside the doors waiting far away with an automatic rifle in the street?

Mate this isn't island life there will be ingame mechanism to prevent ppl from just shooting each other

6 minutes ago, Luck said:

Mate this isn't island life there will be ingame mechanism to prevent ppl from just shooting each other

pretty sure there won't, anyone can do anything they want. cool thing they are adding though, "respawn"

I'm sure if someone commits an excessive amount of mass shootings it'll be considered RDM and admins will ban that player. Also, they plan on making it pretty difficult to obtain rifles like that, so we shouldn't see too many of those types of situations. Not to mention I think I remember reading somewhere that certain crimes notify police automatically. Not 100% sure if that's true or not, but I'm sure police will get to the shooting pretty promptly.  

4 minutes ago, Hatoful said:

I'm sure if someone commits an excessive amount of mass shootings it'll be considered RDM and admins will ban that player. Also, they plan on making it pretty difficult to obtain rifles like that, so we shouldn't see too many of those types of situations. Not to mention I think I remember reading somewhere that certain crimes notify police automatically. Not 100% sure if that's true or not, but I'm sure police will get to the shooting pretty promptly.  

Im sure the rules will be the same as their other servers... if you shoot without initiating RP, you're banned for a period of time. Mass RDM like a mall or something gets you perma banned. You'll see the occasional idiot that does it still but those consequences are usually enough to deter people from doing it...But yea nothing stopping someone from taking a gun and killing a mall full of people if they don't care about ban consequences, but if the game is 45$, I doubt many will do it

5 minutes ago, poko said:

Im sure the rules will be the same as their other servers... if you shoot without initiating RP, you're banned for a period of time. Mass RDM like a mall or something gets you perma banned. You'll see the occasional idiot that does it still but those consequences are usually enough to deter people from doing it...But yea nothing stopping someone from taking a gun and killing a mall full of people if they don't care about ban consequences, but if the game is 45$, I doubt many will do it

Yah I agree. Not many people are going to spend 45 bucks just to get banned from the game.

• Like 1

@poko and @Hatoful If your talking about official servers, well I am very sure that those servers will be casual RP and not hardcore or serious. Also doubtful that you will see someone get perma'd for mass killing by a mod because well like one of you said, there will be systems to prevent people doing this. On the other hand I know in the Q&A I am sure they answered a question which included that their "small" team won't be able to enforce rules like RDM and i am sure also they said that rule won't exist on official servers. (Last part I am not sure but vaguely remember seeing it said). However they did say community / private servers will be better equiped and will be able to enforce those rules more.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SkinnierSteve said:

But what if I want to RP as a mass murderer?

You can't on official servers however you can like rp a "serial killer" e.g. kill people in patterns and every so often and not all in one go! 

8 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

You can't on official servers however you can like rp a "serial killer" e.g. kill people in patterns and every so often and not all in one go! 

Aww. How will they stop you from being a mass murderer though? Will the game randomly kick you or make you die, or will it be realistic, aka the swat team comes after you?

4 minutes ago, SkinnierSteve said:

Aww. How will they stop you from being a mass murderer though? Will the game randomly kick you or make you die, or will it be realistic, aka the swat team comes after you?

I am sure there is a system in place to stop mass killing too often, however in private servers you might be able to rp as a mass murderer!

I think mass shootings/murders should be allowed and uncontrolled, however there should be consequences if you kill too many people and get caught. Life in prison or the gas chamber for example - Then the player will have to start over with a new character. However anything purchased with real money stays with the account. 

That's just my two cents.

• Like 1

I don't think RDMs should be intervened by an admin unless they're doing something to circumvent the restrictions in place. Such as getting guns through hacks or cheats.

3 hours ago, MrVice said:

I think mass shootings/murders should be allowed and uncontrolled, however there should be consequences if you kill too many people and get caught. Life in prison or the gas chamber for example - Then the player will have to start over with a new character. However anything purchased with real money stays with the account. 

That's just my two cents.

7 minutes ago, facade said:

I don't think RDMs should be intervened by an admin unless they're doing something to circumvent the restrictions in place. Such as getting guns through hacks or cheats.

When I said there will be a system, that was me saying admins won't intervene as the game has a "system" to prevent people killing too much. Also for @MrVice On official servers you will respawn/ there will be no permanent death but private servers can however turn the system off and also have permanent death on!

3 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Also for @MrVice On official servers you will respawn/ there will be no permanent death but private servers can however turn the system off and also have permanent death on!

I'm aware of this. I was just suggesting a sort of account reset because if there were consequences then maybe people would think twice before doing it, just like you would in real life. The gas chamber could be a penalty for severe crimes. Maybe that could be an option for some private servers.

Eh, whatever. xD

On 31/01/2017 at 6:45 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

I am sure there is a system in place to stop mass killing too often, however in private servers you might be able to rp as a mass murderer!

There is a system. 

1 hour ago, Jackabm said:

There is a system. 

I know, I just said I am sure. 

2 hours ago, MrVice said:

I'm aware of this. I was just suggesting a sort of account reset because if there were consequences then maybe people would think twice before doing it, just like you would in real life. The gas chamber could be a penalty for severe crimes. Maybe that could be an option for some private servers.

Eh, whatever. xD

Yeah, I know and I am just stating that Official servers are more casual based and won't have such rules enforced by the moderators! Private servers will have a permanent death option if they want it like that, but in modern america, they don't have a gas chamber........ Therefore it is unrealistic even giving that "gas chamber" option. 

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I know, I just said I am sure. 

Yeah, I know and I am just stating that Official servers are more casual based and won't have such rules enforced by the moderators! Private servers will have a permanent death option if they want it like that, but in modern america, they don't have a gas chamber........ Therefore it is unrealistic even giving that "gas chamber" option. 

But they still have that retarded death penalty 

1 hour ago, Jackabm said:

But they still have that retarded death penalty 

Well I know that, this is a game and well not everything will be included and well that is not needed as a thing; but maybe private servers will have that as a thing that the government can do. (Firing squad)

6 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I know that, this is a game and well not everything will be included and well that is not needed as a thing; but maybe private servers will have that as a thing that the government can do. (Firing squad)

yeah I totally agree.

On 1/16/2017 at 7:53 PM, poko said:

I doubt that you can get perm banned off all servers just like that, but. Maybe.