OnSync

Plans for Steam release?

I was wondering, if there was any plans on putting this game on Steam Store in the future (probably after release)?

Not that I'm a huge fan of Steam, but it does make it easier to download PC, MAC, LINUX games etc.

A bit off topic, but how likely that this game will be finished and not abandoned/incomplete. It's a pretty huge risk to support a product that has been in development for so long. Althouh 2y for this project is a short time and a pretty good progress has been done for a small team (I assume). I'm not really familiar with this game project, I just came across this recently, but it seems freaking awesome.

Edited by OnSync

Hello there and welcome to the Identity community!

it has been confirmed that Identity will be available on steam upon release, so no worries there. As for development, I am absolutely positive the team will be able to complete it. They have been working on it for two years, which, contradictory to what you have said, is actually a long time for a team so small. Besides, with a great community like this, with tons of backing, why wouldn't they finish this amazing project?

feel free to do some more research on the game, weather it be through the search feature on the forums, or through YouTube videos and channels. Personally, I recommend watching @powergaming7 youtube channel, as he goes through every single prospect Identity has to offer and provides as much information as is possible, and if you haven't already, check out Identitys housing customization video, which shows some neat gamplay mechanics. 

I hope this was of some assistance.

• Like 3

On 15/01/2017 at 7:29 PM, OnSync said:

Not that I'm a huge fan of Steam, but it does make it easier to download PC, MAC, LINUX games etc.

It will be released on steam on release, but platforms will be PC on release, MAC and Linux will be shortly after full release.

On 15/01/2017 at 7:29 PM, OnSync said:

It's a pretty huge risk to support a product that has been in development for so long.

Why for so long? 2 years is a minimum before games usually be "announced". So really I would say the opposite to this; and say Supporting the project before it has been started getting developed by a very small team (3 full time and 9 freelancers) is the riskier thing to do than after 2 years of it being developed e.g. I backed this project at Kick-starter when the game was "Only a concept" and "Only" became a reality afterwards. Which I backed it with $250 (£178) then.