Luck

Crimes that are usually overlooked

So coming in from the ArmA life mods there have been crimes that I notice are often overlooked in game that would be jail time IRL just to name a few, driving without a licence, driving intoxicated and in some cases even failure to stop for police. Some of the reasons given to us by admins are that they are trying to avoid just constantly putting people in jail, which i get where they are coming from, it is much easier to just drive without a licence then to go back and take the driving test all over again(and for those coming in from ArmA they know that it is really easy to lose your driver's licence there, especially with the glitchy speedcams). Knowing that Identity will mimic real life to the fullest I was wondering if such crimes would result in jail time and if so would their be mechanisms in place to prevent things like losing your driver's licence for going 2 over the speed limit

Edited by Luck

I'd assume that the more minor crimes, like the ones you named, would result in a fine rather than jail time, so that the jails aren't overpopulated, like you said. I think jail time is primarily reserved for the more serious crimes like homicide, theft, and selling drugs. I'm not 100% sure on whether or not this is true, but I think I remember reading this somewhere on their twitter, I'm not sure though. About losing your license for going 2 over the speed limit, I don't think it would automatically suspend your license. A police officer would have had to witness you speeding in order for them to do anything about it. Again, I'm not sure if this is entirely right, I'm just basing this off of what I vaguely remember when skimming through their twitter.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatoful said:

I think jail time is primarily reserved for the more serious crimes like homicide, theft, and selling drugs. 

I get your point but keep in mind this game wants to replicate real life as much as it can and in real life things like driving without a licence would land you in jail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatoful said:

I'd assume that the more minor crimes, like the ones you named, would result in a fine rather than jail time, so that the jails aren't overpopulated, like you said. I think jail time is primarily reserved for the more serious crimes like homicide, theft, and selling drugs. I'm not 100% sure on whether or not this is true, but I think I remember reading this somewhere on their twitter, I'm not sure though. About losing your license for going 2 over the speed limit, I don't think it would automatically suspend your license. A police officer would have had to witness you speeding in order for them to do anything about it. Again, I'm not sure if this is entirely right, I'm just basing this off of what I vaguely remember when skimming through their twitter.  

I have yet too be inside of a arma 3 life jail and seen it overpopulate. I doubt there would be too many people in jail but we'll see

28 minutes ago, Smooth said:

I have yet too be inside of a arma 3 life jail and seen it overpopulate. I doubt there would be too many people in jail but we'll see

Me neither, seeing as I've never played arma:P I don't think jails will be overpopulated either, but you never know! According to the forums, it seems like a lot of people wanna be in gangs and sell drugs/weapons for money, so it could get a bit overpopulated early in the game. 

1 hour ago, Luck said:

I get your point but keep in mind this game wants to replicate real life as much as it can and in real life things like driving without a licence would land you in jail.

True. Maybe minor things like driving without a license would automatically fine you then? So instead of suspending your license, you would just be automatically fined when the game detects you're driving without a license with you. Or, minor crimes would just land you like 5-10 mins in jail, compared to maybe an hour or 2 for theft and killing? Not really sure, but hopefully in the next devblog/update they'll release some more info on the criminal justice system! ^_^ 

Edited by Hatoful

14 minutes ago, Hatoful said:

Me neither, seeing as I've never played arma:P I don't think jails will be overpopulated either, but you never know! 

True. Maybe minor things like driving without a license would automatically fine you then? So instead of suspending your license, you would just be automatically fined when the game detects you're driving without a license with you. Or, minor crimes would just land you like 5-10 mins in jail, compared to maybe an hour or 2 for theft and killing? Not really sure, but hopefully in the next devblog/update they'll release some more info on the criminal justice system! ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Luck said:

I think that if you speed and get caught you will get a ticket from the police officer and it could mean that you get points on your license e.g. 1 ticket is 3 points and maximum points you are allowed is 6 pints if you get an extra 3 points making it 9 on your license you get you license suspension for say 4 hours (3hours of day and 1 hour for night = a in-game 24 hours) Then you will have to re-apply for your license if you get 3 suspensions in say 1 week (real time). also because you are re-applying for the license you will have to do the tests again. If you get 3 points on your license and then no more for (1 week real time) then those 3 points are automatically removed from your license e.g. the points are reset after 1 week if no more violations.

If you get caught driving with a license suspension then you can get jail time! (Jail not Prison)

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think that if you speed and get caught you will get a ticket from the police officer and it could mean that you get points on your license e.g. 1 ticket is 3 points and maximum points you are allowed is 6 pints if you get an extra 3 points making it 9 on your license you get you license suspension for say 4 hours (3hours of day and 1 hour for night = a in-game 24 hours) Then you will have to re-apply for your license if you get 3 suspensions in say 1 week (real time). also because you are re-applying for the license you will have to do the tests again. If you get 3 points on your license and then no more for (1 week real time) then those 3 points are automatically removed from your license e.g. the points are reset after 1 week if no more violations.

If you get caught driving with a license suspension then you can get jail time! (Jail not Prison)

should have to take a driving test and have driving instructors 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

should have to take a driving test and have driving instructors 

Ya thats how it worked in some ArmA servers

if you want it more realistic, losing your license out of thin air for going 5 over the speed limit is unrealistic af. they should only let cops pull your license if they pull you over

• Like 1

I do feel that the cops should have to catch you to inform some sort of punishment! That way cops feel satisfied they done there job also if cops are busy with a bigger crime and a camera catches you speeding, by your licence plate when they are free maybe they get sent to your home? And depending on what happened! The issue will be delt with there (Just Idea)

Edited by MrCarma
Misspelled Delt with Felt
  • Like 1