KevinLangston

What will you RP in identity?

My friend wants to be a drug dealer, grow weed, cook meth, and sell it, or a hitman. I however, would like to be a street racer, but in townsquare, I'd like to paint and write books.

49 minutes ago, SkinnierSteve said:

My friend wants to be a drug dealer, grow weed, cook meth, and sell it, or a hitman. I however, would like to be a street racer, but in townsquare, I'd like to paint and write books.

Cool! I wish you luck in your endeavors. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, subway244 said:

Cool! I wish you luck in your endeavors. :)

what are you doing to be?

8 minutes ago, toxins said:

what are you doing to be?

I will either own a store or provide information for every faction on the island. (Info on criminals for police, info on police for criminals, info on rival companies, etc.) I might do both! :)

I'm thinking of running my own little supermarket, or just a store. Something small but very important too everyone who is around

• Like 1

14 hours ago, subway244 said:

I will either own a store or provide information for every faction on the island. (Info on criminals for police, info on police for criminals, info on rival companies, etc.) I might do both! :)

What happens when someone comes to you for information and you don't have any information on that particular group?
And when you do start leaking information over companies etc... players instinctively won't trust you because you're constantly sharing information that players want to be kept private.

You may be better off advertising yourself as a Private Investigator rather than a provider of information. That way information you track down can be presented, if you can't track any information down, you're still paid for the time invested into it. You'll just need to expand your network early on to get "informants" or sources of information.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

9 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

What happens when someone comes to you for information and you don't have any information on that particular group?
And when you do start leaking information over companies etc... players instinctively won't trust you because you're constantly sharing information that players want to be kept private.

You may be better off advertising yourself as a Private Investigator rather than a provider of information. That way information you track down can be presented, if you can't track any information down, you're still paid for the time invested into it. You'll just need to expand your network early on to get "informants" or sources of information.

Hey, nice idea! I can imagine it now - "Subway Investigation Services".

I'll be sure to dress like this - latest?cb=20150508032439 Thanks for the idea! :)

• Like 1

On 05/01/2016 at 1:51 PM, KevinLangston said:

What do you guys plan on RP'ing in Identity, jobs, crime, etc. 

I think I might role play being a lamp post and spend all my time standing next to the road side until I get kicked for being idle too long 

On 05/07/2018 at 1:22 PM, WilsonPlays said:

I'm thinking of running my own little supermarket, or just a store. Something small but very important too everyone who is around

I will Rob you 

21 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

I will Rob you 

Oh but i am such  a simple man providing for my Family :(

On 7/5/2018 at 8:50 AM, iiMStevo said:

What will give players the incentive to become "informants" though? I can imagine MAYBE if all their wealth, real estate, and cars were at steak, maybe, but even then who's not willing to serve 45 minutes in jail? I guess maybe the private servers might add life sentences, basically ending any chance your character can do anything unless they flip. If there was actual purpose to giving info away to the FBI, that would be really intriguing. 

• Like 2

Criminal justice lawyer, or a nurse or doctor! Maybe police and ill probably start off in crime and drugs turn my life around and become one of the 4 options up there lol.

I plan on being a Police Officer. My side hobby will be hosting Supercar Saturday, an exotic car meet once per month.

I would like to live a normal life and experience what other people come up with.

My goals: 

- Get an exotic car

- Own a house

- Become a Sheriff

Find out more here if you're interested in Supercar Saturday: https://bit.ly/2u4b6d8

Edited by ZachLaVine

On 7/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, Vincent_Luciano said:

What will give players the incentive to become "informants" though? I can imagine MAYBE if all their wealth, real estate, and cars were at steak, maybe, but even then who's not willing to serve 45 minutes in jail? I guess maybe the private servers might add life sentences, basically ending any chance your character can do anything unless they flip. If there was actual purpose to giving info away to the FBI, that would be really intriguing. 

Discrete payroll? Benefits? Inside information?
I mean, the list goes on... being a Private Investigator simply means you establish a network yourself to speak with people. People don't have to want to speak with the police, but speaking with a P.I. could mean they benefit financially, or the P.I. buries some of their evidence, or gives them something valuable in return.

It was simply an observation on the "Information shop" business that was mentioned. If you're a publicly known shop for double dealing, no one will trust you. If you're a "certified" P.I. and have your own network, you work on a contract basis and underline that you can't work for the people you're investigating etc... You can easily obtain yourself a good reputation and be paid well for services rendered, which ultimately could filter down to your informants. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 8:35 AM, iiMStevo said:

Discrete payroll? Benefits? Inside information?
I mean, the list goes on... being a Private Investigator simply means you establish a network yourself to speak with people. People don't have to want to speak with the police, but speaking with a P.I. could mean they benefit financially, or the P.I. buries some of their evidence, or gives them something valuable in return.

It was simply an observation on the "Information shop" business that was mentioned. If you're a publicly known shop for double dealing, no one will trust you. If you're a "certified" P.I. and have your own network, you work on a contract basis and underline that you can't work for the people you're investigating etc... You can easily obtain yourself a good reputation and be paid well for services rendered, which ultimately could filter down to your informants. 

If it's done effectively, I could see that. I know this also sounds a bit far-fetched but wiretaps would be cool to see too. Just don't know how an agency would get away with planting recorders in known criminal hideouts without people metagaming or checking the map. We'll see how it goes, but it's got a lot of potential.

Most likely, if it's possible, medical staff in a hospital within the game. If that's not possible, probably run a store and grow it into a local empire.

On 2016-01-05 at 2:51 PM, KevinLangston said:

What do you guys plan on RP'ing in Identity, jobs, crime, etc. 

I going to be a drug selling stripper, that sells moonshine on the days, and strips at night. And sells drugs to well known customers :x:P

• Like 1