Sign in to follow this  
MitjaHD

Will this really be a roleplay game?

Since I saw this game will be some kind cops & robbers, I quickly turned off the idea about 'roleplay'. Everyone will want to be either a cop or a criminal, other jobs or however you call them won't be that fun in my opinion. So criminals will rob robbers, kindappers will kidnap kidnappers, hitmen will kill hitmen and cops will try to hunt them down after that. Maybe I'm wrong since the playerbase will be quite huge, but I've played San Andreas Multiplayer where the playerbase is 1000 and it was still a mess.

3 hours ago, MitjaHD said:

Since I saw this game will be some kind cops & robbers, I quickly turned off the idea about 'roleplay'. Everyone will want to be either a cop or a criminal, other jobs or however you call them won't be that fun in my opinion. So criminals will rob robbers, kindappers will kidnap kidnappers, hitmen will kill hitmen and cops will try to hunt them down after that. Maybe I'm wrong since the playerbase will be quite huge, but I've played San Andreas Multiplayer where the playerbase is 1000 and it was still a mess.

There will be roleplay, just I think Official servers will be a lot more messy than community/ private servers.

The only way you won't find role play is if you can't create it for yourself. Unlike most games with clear objectives, set AI's and the like, this game's immersion will depend greatly on your own ability to initiate role play with other players. The only other game I've played with this sort of player-based control is a now dead game called "Face Of Mankind" which was epic when I played. The entire game was player controlled, between every faction, governance, and item made, sold, and bought on the markets. It was a different game entirely than Identity, but some of the core roleplay aspects are the same.

After experiencing that sort of roleplay in a game I've seen nothing even close until Altis Life, which was nothing more than a mod with limitations.

In short, it isn't going to be about the game's capability to immerse you, at least not entirely, or even majorly. It is going to be more about your own creativity and role playing abilities.

As for it being a cops and robbers game, even if that was the intention of the developers, this game has the potential to be so much more than that already by what we have been told by the devs. I think there might be some chaos at launch, but once people quickly find their place in the world I doubt you're going to find a better roleplaying experience with this much to offer you. IMO.

It's not hard to roleplay for yourself, but not everyone will be willing to roleplay, especially young players and those who never heard of 'roleplay'. I don't think anyone could force you to roleplay, if you want to shoot someone for no reason, you will do it.

35 minutes ago, MitjaHD said:

It's not hard to roleplay for yourself, but not everyone will be willing to roleplay, especially young players and those who never heard of 'roleplay'. I don't think anyone could force you to roleplay, if you want to shoot someone for no reason, you will do it.

That's true, but most of that will be a problem in a Official server. A private server which is meant for serious roleplay, will probably have admins making sure that everyone is playing by the server rules.