Levi_King

Social media

Social media is all around us, its part of our daily routine. So it would be great to have social media in the game. Not just facebook style, could have instagram, youtube etc. 

Maybe even a facetime/ skype style of thing in game?

I was even thinking about doing gameplays of Identity but that's kinda mainstream... So we could have a camera, ingame to record what we are doing. You could walk with it and do face cam. Everything recorded would go onto your computer to prevet flooding the server's space. 

So vlogging could be a thing. And maybe people posting daily content of the server on youtube could maybe make it a ingame job?

• Like 2

On 1/13/2017 at 0:08 AM, Levi_King said:

Social media is all around us, its part of our daily routine. So it would be great to have social media in the game. Not just facebook style, could have instagram, youtube etc. 

Maybe even a facetime/ skype style of thing in game?

I was even thinking about doing gameplays of Identity but that's kinda mainstream... So we could have a camera, ingame to record what we are doing. You could walk with it and do face cam. Everything recorded would go onto your computer to prevet flooding the server's space. 

So vlogging could be a thing. And maybe people posting daily content of the server on youtube could maybe make it a ingame job?

You will be able to stream youtube vids

It sounds cool, but it has to be alot of work. Maybe in the further future it would be nice, but they should just work on getting the game released before focusing on that stuff :)

Great idea there, although I'm pretty sure an in-game recorder will lower the games frame rate dramatically. It is already going to be tough for many computers, but adding a recorder too would be too much. You can record with Fraps/OBS/Plays.Tv :)

13 hours ago, Electriq said:

Great idea there, although I'm pretty sure an in-game recorder will lower the games frame rate dramatically. It is already going to be tough for many computers, but adding a recorder too would be too much. You can record with Fraps/OBS/Plays.Tv :)

I just got OBS and had a blunderful day with it; I can only record video if it's set to record everything, which makes it impossible to keep good fps in games. I've watched many videos and read all sorts about how to make it work and nothing has pulled through so far; any chance you would know how to defeat the black screen?

2 hours ago, Oddball1 said:

I just got OBS and had a blunderful day with it; I can only record video if it's set to record everything, which makes it impossible to keep good fps in games. I've watched many videos and read all sorts about how to make it work and nothing has pulled through so far; any chance you would know how to defeat the black screen?

Instead of using "Game Capture" for games use "Window Capture" and run them in Windowed mode. Else, just use Game Capture, which seems a bit buggy for me. Good luck!

• Like 1

I think it would be a waste of developers time having a system where your game is recorded by them, where you can just download or buy a stand alone screen recorder. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Electriq said:

Instead of using "Game Capture" for games use "Window Capture" and run them in Windowed mode. Else, just use Game Capture, which seems a bit buggy for me. Good luck!

Thank you very much, I'll give it a shot.

13 hours ago, samrichardsonn said:

I think it would be a waste of developers time having a system where your game is recorded by them, where you can just download or buy a stand alone screen recorder. 

Definitely. Take screenshots, screen record and live stream like any other game, But maybe that could be an in-game job. I can certainly see people who don't have software or expertise to record, stream or produce their game content paying someone in-game to do it for them... sort of like paying for a wedding photographer. :P 

For instance, say me and me footy team are just messing around having a kick-about with a (cant believe im gonna say this_) socca ball - and we get a little, miniature F.A Cup exhibition going on and want to share the story of glory with the world of Identity - then I would certainly pay a stake to get somebody running around capturing it all for the audience, and perhaps sharing some good commentary feed too./ It's a delightful idea. :)

• Like 1