Sign in to follow this  
Bellanova

Overwhelming Crime

I'm beginning to get a little bit worried that too many people are only playing Identity for the crime aspect. I want to be able to have fun with my friends and do things without having to worry about dying 24/7 like GTA online. Am I imagining things or do other people see this happening as well?

Gladly this is NOTHING like GTA Online, gladly GTA deathmatching idiots won't be attracted to the idea behind this game, and glady.... This game will have plenty of fun, legal things to do unlike GTA :)

my guess is your gonna have that fear anyways however its a balance system between cops and robbers i would imagine

If you want a reference of the intended gameplay, instead of GTA online, I think you should look to Altis Life.

If you check the Kickstarter page, Altis Life is mentioned as the inspiration of Indentity. Also, the developers of the game are the same who created the Altis Life mod.

The good thing is that a lot of those things have already  been implemented in the mod. Altis Life has a long list of features that are announced for Identity. This both gives a good idea of what we can expect, and also relieves the difficulties a game made completely from scratch usually faces. 

Regarding your concern, you can get some input from the description of the game and check how the Altis Gameplay is about it. At its core, it is described as a criminals vs. cops game, although more of the civil activities many people are missing, they are creating this 'standalone' Altis Life which will include all those civil stuff so that this is not completely a shooter game, as it is Arma III, the game to which Altis Life mod is applied.

Basically, you will start as a civilian, and then you can make money by doing jobs or getting into careers that can be legal or not. Only when you do crime, such as robbing a bank etc, you get a wanted status. From that moment, cops and bounty hunters have rights and probably tools (e.g. visibility) to catch and put the criminal in jail. But there's no point or reward on killing you while being a clean civilian if you make money by legit business, and there will be quite a few of those legal businesses. I would not be too worried as a civilian to be killed.

As others have said, the dev team will take care of balancing the game.

• Like 1