Notic3

IF they allowed home invasions

As the Devs have already stated, they will not be adding home invasions "to protect what players have worked hard to create" or somethin' along those lines. I wanna make that clear before I start. This is an idea to maybe allow it with RESTRICTIONS possibly.

Why not add a "valuables" safe/crate - the only thing allowed to be effected by robbers. This is where you would be storing weapons, items, etc. That way players cannot abuse the "invite only" feature to enter houses and it makes the game a bit more realistic. Am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea?

There could be upgrades, first starting off as a wooden crate, it is able to be broken into very easy, then an electric safe, steel safe, etc. 

Other things the robbers would be allowed to do is maybe interact with items, such as still being able to turn lights on, or play the CD player, just for fun? This IMO would be a better way to handle the home invasion aspect of the game rather than just not allow it at all. Thoughts? ****Open minded discussion please****

Edited by Notic3

I think it would be hilarious if we could turn the lights on, run appliances, open all of the doors, open the toilet seat lids, leave the door open, et cetera.  That's just the prankster in me, not saying that I support the ability to break and enter.

• Like 2

if they by chance did that i think they should make it possible to own dogs that can attack or by chance you get caught your character remains in prison for a certain amount of days until release slows down your game time would be a nice idea

Guys I appreciate the responses, but yes, I want home invasion, but ALSO limited to the point where griefing isn't possible.

Like I said, only let the robbers interact with small things just for the immersion, like the lights or CD players, but only allow them to access the safe to steal the weapons/items in that safe. This means the safe is the only place to store valuable items that are ALLOWED to be stolen. That way, people know the risk of obtaining valuable items that can be stolen, and nothing can happen to all their hard work, only to items they have stolen or bought. Not impossible to earn it back, but you aren't losing HOURS of progression. Only certain entities :)

• Like 1

i think everything should be able to be stolen except for fully customizable stuff like lets say paintings or something of the sort and if its stolen maybe provide a theft timer before your able to get your stuff back or even provide that as a police interaction they are incorporating a detective system ive read why not base this on a larger prison time than 45 mins. picture playing a role in jail up to a week based on a crime you commit! Lets put this in thought you have custom clothes when there stolen they dont get the customs they get regular gear but you have lets say a 24 hour timer before you get your customs back or you can reapply your custom skin or maybe provide home insurance since there making it realastic so say somebody breaks in and steals your stuff you pay a game fee for the theft and keep everything you had

thinking about it now that would be a good route to go home owners insurance provides you with something to spend your in game money on and the theft of homes criminals can resell for profit it would be a good cycle but they would have to implement some type of security system or dog or something to make a defense against home theft i really think that would make the game completely OPEN WORLD and realistic but then its in question what you can actually protect the games gonna be awesome i really cant wait to play this i wish would could speed up the development some how but patience is key

As an RPing criminal, I really do wish home invasions and robbery become a  possibility.

The reason robberies aren't as big of an issue as it is, in RL, is because most people have things insured. So I think that's the solution we need here. Have players buy home insurance, and assuming that everything goes right in the process, they'll either get their things back or get paid the amount they lost.

Might I also suggest that people can only rob other people if they are online? For example, if a user goes offiline, there house is completely off limits. However, if they are online, home invasions should be completely allowed, therefore the user get's the chance to defend themselves and their property.

• Like 3

Speaking on online and offline what actually happens to your character when your offline? I've read if your in jail the time still counts if your offline so with that being said is your character in game at all times?

Edited by twinquick66
  • Like 1

For the sake of discussion, my opinion here is:

Home invasion does exist in real life, so even if I don't plan to follow the criminal path, it is probably a good feature.

But I'm highly afraid of the fact that, given enough time, once the invasion mechanics are clear, a dedicated group will most likely end up optimizing the process, and sistematically invade everyone's house as if it was easy. You can suggest making it 'very difficult' to invade to avoid griefing, but what does it exactly mean? Let's face it, unless we come up here with a completely new mechanic, what I have seen in other games is that it will be mostly impossible for an individual to invade a home, but quite easy for a fully dedicated group. That becomes frustrating overtime. 

Insurance is a very good idea. While not the solution to my concern, certainly is a nice immersion feature.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phiedrus said:

For the sake of discussion, my opinion here is:

Home invasion does exist in real life, so even if I don't plan to follow the criminal path, it is probably a good feature.

But I'm highly afraid of the fact that, given enough time, once the invasion mechanics are clear, a dedicated group will most likely end up optimizing the process, and sistematically invade everyone's house as if it was easy. You can suggest making it 'very difficult' to invade to avoid griefing, but what does it exactly mean? Let's face it, unless we come up here with a completely new mechanic, what I have seen in other games is that it will be mostly impossible for an individual to invade a home, but quite easy for a fully dedicated group. That becomes frustrating overtime. 

Insurance is a very good idea. While not the solution to my concern, certainly is a nice immersion feature.

As easy as it is to find an easier way to rob someone, it can be the other way around aswell my friend. It can go both ways

25 minutes ago, Notic3 said:

As easy as it is to find an easier way to rob someone, it can be the other way around aswell my friend. It can go both ways

Mind elaborating? Which is the other way around?

5 hours ago, Phiedrus said:

Mind elaborating? Which is the other way around?

Finding new ways to break into something easier can be countered by upgrading said safe or door, making the robbers re-adjust their method, or possibly choosing different ways to secure your items

i think if they did incorporate it into the game i think penalties should be set higher like a weeks long prison time that would stop griefing based on risk of capture it would and wouldnt be worth doing a home invasion then certain things should have greater penalties  

No. God no. This isn't Rust. You can't "raid" peoples homes by crushing their wooden crates. You work very hard to earn a home, I don't want to be worried of coming back on to find by house has been looted. Do house robberies happen IRL? Yes, but not very often. Implementing this system would make every kid and every wanna be mafia break into houses galore and it simply doesn't work. Why do we not just put down wooden crates IRL in our homes? Because they are fuck ugly. A house in Identity isn't like Rust where if you are caught you can pack up and build a new one, they take a very long time to acquire. The only practical use for a home is to safely store items in and save your game, and I wouldn't fancy paying hundreds of thousands of hard earned cash for a save zone. There will be plenty of things to do as a criminal, but not all of us want to be involved with this kinda shit, not all of us wanna be criminals. Me personally I want to be a legitimate businessman who never has any run-ins with the law, I don't want to have to worry about some newbie with a lockpick breaking in while I'm not there and stealing my shit.

Having said that, I do think a hit-man should would in theory be able to break into a home, wait for the target and kill him there and then. This is acceptable, but again a home is hard earned and should be everyone's safe haven unless you are wanted obviously. 

Please, for the love of all that is holy do NOT implement a home invasion system.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

Having said that, I do think a hit-man should would in theory be able to break into a home, wait for the target and kill him there and then. This is acceptable, but again a home is hard earned and should be everyone's safe haven unless you are wanted obviously. 

I am sure you cannot fire a gun in your own house or even have a weapon out to kill someone because I think if that was allowed then I could invite say 20 people in the house for a party and then kill them all inside and so the police cannot find the bodies but at the same time I will be anonymously wanted until I become highly wanted.

14 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

No. God no. This isn't Rust. You can't "raid" peoples homes by crushing their wooden crates. You work very hard to earn a home, I don't want to be worried of coming back on to find by house has been looted. Do house robberies happen IRL? Yes, but not very often. Implementing this system would make every kid and every wanna be mafia break into houses galore and it simply doesn't work. Why do we not just put down wooden crates IRL in our homes? Because they are fuck ugly. A house in Identity isn't like Rust where if you are caught you can pack up and build a new one, they take a very long time to acquire. The only practical use for a home is to safely store items in and save your game, and I wouldn't fancy paying hundreds of thousands of hard earned cash for a save zone. There will be plenty of things to do as a criminal, but not all of us want to be involved with this kinda shit, not all of us wanna be criminals. Me personally I want to be a legitimate businessman who never has any run-ins with the law, I don't want to have to worry about some newbie with a lockpick breaking in while I'm not there and stealing my shit.

Please, for the love of all that is holy do NOT implement a home invasion system.

That's the risk you take by owning a home that looks like it's worth robbing. Robberies shouldn't be easy like in rust, this discussion was started under the assumption if it WERE to be added , it wouldn't be a rob this home, rob the one next to it situation. It should take lots of resources. That is way too casual to say about a game that is an open world RPG with real players man lol.

i really think if they do add home invasion in it should one be very risky and difficult and if by chance lets say your caught and or arrested the penalties should be much higher it would be interesting to see i mean even in arma 3 you can break into peoples houses however you dont kno where someone lives  

i don't think it would be that easy to break in flats as every appartement is a instance while the houses are unique

Personaly i'm for the following : break in houses only allowed when the owner is online (for obvious fair play reasons) 
for players they would be able to equip their home with legal equipement (sturdy doors, safes and so on) or go illegal and set traps to kill or heavily injure robbers (shotgun trap :> )

This sounds like extra programming and extra features. It would require the Devs add a "Burglar/Thief" career path to the game, and program a bunch of features in order to accommodate for it. While not a bad Idea, it's not strictly necessary for the release of the game and is extra work that won't necessarily make more people want to play it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ST_Helios said:

i don't think it would be that easy to break in flats as every appartement is a instance while the houses are unique

Personaly i'm for the following : break in houses only allowed when the owner is online (for obvious fair play reasons) 
for players they would be able to equip their home with legal equipement (sturdy doors, safes and so on) or go illegal and set traps to kill or heavily injure robbers (shotgun trap :> )

Yes! Atleast this, what if someone is being chased by someone who was hired to kill him? "Oh, let me just hide in my apartment no other player can enter without my permission til he gets bored or disconnects ;)" Like - that's simple logic