Venser

Crafting and how will it work?

Now it was stated that this game won't level like most other mmo's so I was wondering how that would effect crafting. As someone who likes to spend lots of time creating things in games, I would like to see a level-like system so that you have something to work towards. I also would like to know more about how you would obtain the materials you need and if you are limited to choosing 'mining' or if you could mine and become a lumberjack. 

Please post any information you can release to us about how crafting will work.

• Like 1

You could become a lumberjack if I remember correctly. Crafting will mainly just be like furniture you sell or clothing you design.

I don't think there will be any type of level system for crafting, because if you have the right materials in real life you could build anything, and this is a real life game so shouldn't you be able to craft anything in game as long as you have the right materials?

5 hours ago, Capped said:

You could become a lumberjack if I remember correctly...

This I know, and you can become a miner (metal)  and hunter (leather) as well, but can you do both of these without hassle or do you have to choose one?

This is just a thought, but I think you may be able to craft higher "level" things the more skilled you are. So for example, anyone starting out could easily create a chair or table, but those that craft much more often would be able to make a dresser or a complex wooden sculpture. Something along those lines. Also, I'm sure you could be both a lumberjack, as well as a miner if you wanted to! I think those may be considered jobs, not careers. I don't know if any of this is correct, but that's how I imagined it would work. ^.^ 

Edited by Hatoful
how to english??
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Venser said:

This I know, and you can become a miner (metal)  and hunter (leather) as well, but can you do both of these without hassle or do you have to choose one?

As I understand it, the devs aren't going to include a skill tree or anything, and you won't ever be stuck doing one particular thing once you choose to do it the first time. I believe you could do anything you want, at any time you wanted to do it.

Hope this helped, 

Capped

I believe that it will be based on skill and also you will need special equipment to create higher tier objects; for example, you would need enough in game crafting experience as well as some sort of factory equipment to produce something such as automatic weapons.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 2:26 PM, Hatoful said:

This is just a thought, but I think you may be able to craft higher "level" things the more skilled you are. So for example, anyone starting out could easily create a chair or table, but those that craft much more often would be able to make a dresser or a complex wooden sculpture. Something along those lines. Also, I'm sure you could be both a lumberjack, as well as a miner if you wanted to! I think those may be considered jobs, not careers. I don't know if any of this is correct, but that's how I imagined it would work. ^.^ 

It's a pain in the butt for most people to assemble furniture, let alone build their own furniture (I being one of those, as well as a majority of humans on this planet).  I'm certain there will be basic furniture to help get us started.  By the way, overall, I like what you wrote.

Edited by Jared
  • Like 2

Ok so I found this, and don't know how I missed it the first time... 

What's the difference between a career and a job?
A job is a task which anybody can attempt at any given time, while a career is a dedicated path players can follow with its own progression and growth. For example, hunting animals and delivering pizza are jobs, although the police force and fire department are careers with ranks, rewards and achievements of their own.
Can I have many careers at once?
You can only belong to one career at a time. You can change careers when you wish, but you may face a small penalty in the career you're abandoning.

So this is really helpful, but at the same time still leaves questions. Are things like mining/hunting jobs or careers, my guess would honestly be jobs but many consider mining a career in the real world. Hope this helps some and even gives more for us to all converse about.