KingBen1223

Favorite Quotes

7 hours ago, Jared said:

"One reaps what one sows." -Proverb.

"Laissez-nous faire, laissez-nous passer. Le monde va de lui-même."  Translates to, "Let us do, leave us alone. The world runs on its own." Quote comes from a short story regarding one of the last French kings that tried to improve the situation in France by asking what the merchants needed.

"Big government sucks." -Charlie Kirk.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"An individualist is a man who says: 'I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will no trule nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - no r sacrifice anyone to myself." -Ayn Rand.

"There are still people who confuse individualism and selfishness." -Albert Camus.

"While it is undesirable to equalize wealth, and everyone cannot have the same, legal rights at least should be equal among citizens of the same commonwealth." -Cicero.

"The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions: for men being all the workmanship of one omnipotent, and infinitely wise maker." -John Locke, Second Treatise of Government.

"Just be you." -Anonymous.

"A happy fart never comes from a miserable ass." -Martin Luther (from The Reformation).

"173467321476C32789777643T732V73117888732476789764376. Lock." -Data.

Wow. Some really great ones in there. Thank you for your effort and additions!

• Like 1

"Good books don't give up all their secrets at once" - Stephen King

"Strength lies in differences not in similarities" - Stephen Covey

"A rose is a rose is a rose" - Gertrude Stein (because you can use it with anything; a win is a win is a win)

"Let there be love!" - "Oasis!" - "wonderwall!" - "Oasis!" - "Don't Look Back In Anger" - People in pubs.

6 hours ago, Oddball1 said:

"Good books don't give up all their secrets at once" - Stephen King

"Strength lies in differences not in similarities" - Stephen Covey

"A rose is a rose is a rose" - Gertrude Stein (because you can use it with anything; a win is a win is a win)

"Let there be love!" - "Oasis!" - "wonderwall!" - "Oasis!" - "Don't Look Back In Anger" - People in pubs.

Nice! Love that Stephen King one especially.

13 minutes ago, Xaero said:

No problem. I just love hearing all these new and exciting quotes!

• Like 1

"Passionate kiss, like spider's web, soon lead to undoing of fly" - Confucius

(Obviously not, but it made me chuckle when I first read it :D )

Edited by Xilion

1 hour ago, Xilion said:

"Passionate kiss, like spider's web, soon lead to undoing of fly" - Confucius

(Obviously not, but it made me chuckle when I first read it :D )

Lol did he actually say that? Does it really mean what I think it means or was it meant to mean something else but it just sounds sexual?

lol I love it either way, great addition!

21 hours ago, KingBen1223 said:

Lol did he actually say that? Does it really mean what I think it means or was it meant to mean something else but it just sounds sexual?

lol I love it either way, great addition!

Hahah, naw it's one of the famous 'confucius say' jokes.. and yes, yes it means just that.

2 hours ago, Xilion said:

Hahah, naw it's one of the famous 'confucius say' jokes.. and yes, yes it means just that.

Wow still cool. Thanks again for this great addition to the post!

• Like 1

"Being the last man standing is no triumph." - Liam Clancy - He said this in reference to his brothers & Tommy Makem having all died, and the loneliness he felt from being the last one left alive. - It reminds me of the very last time I saw my grandparents alive; they showed me a slideshow of their life together, spanning over 50 years. I was surprised by the amount of friends and companions they had throughout their lives and travels, but the reoccurring theme was that everyone of them had died already. Until then, I'd never considered my grandparents or anyone their age to have so many memories of being once young with a big group of friends and neighbors who they shared their life with. This is a quote regarding a stage of life I cannot fully comprehend or appreciate, but one I will never forget. 

It also reminds me of all the bloody corner campers on fps' but nvm

16 hours ago, Oddball1 said:

"Being the last man standing is no triumph." - Liam Clancy - He said this in reference to his brothers & Tommy Makem having all died, and the loneliness he felt from being the last one left alive. - It reminds me of the very last time I saw my grandparents alive; they showed me a slideshow of their life together, spanning over 50 years. I was surprised by the amount of friends and companions they had throughout their lives and travels, but the reoccurring theme was that everyone of them had died already. Until then, I'd never considered my grandparents or anyone their age to have so many memories of being once young with a big group of friends and neighbors who they shared their life with. This is a quote regarding a stage of life I cannot fully comprehend or appreciate, but one I will never forget. 

It also reminds me of all the bloody corner campers on fps' but nvm

Wow... touching to say the least. Thanks for sharing!

but your right, when I read the quote, and I shit you not, the first thing I thought of was corner campers too lol! 

23 hours ago, KingBen1223 said:

Wow... touching to say the least. Thanks for sharing!

but your right, when I read the quote, and I shit you not, the first thing I thought of was corner campers too lol! 

haha thanks, I almost didn't post it for babbling a bit, best for my journal or something, so i'm glad it didnt get on your nerves :P but ye, it literally crosses my mind from time to time when they wind me up - it's a really fitting statement for some of them.