Zeus

Cinema

a cinema would be cool. I wouldn't use it but it seems like a decent idea lol

Edited by Zeus

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

This is for people who have girlfriends or a wife or just friends but a cinema would be cool. I wouldn't use it but it seems like a decent idea lol

Like an in-game cinema? Yeah they announced that a long time ago. It will be playing real life movies which is pretty cool. Why would that just be for people who have gfs or wives? 

6 minutes ago, KingBen1223 said:

Like an in-game cinema? Yeah they announced that a long time ago. It will be playing real life movies which is pretty cool. Why would that just be for people who have gfs or wives? 

im tired asf I just thought of the idea and couldnt think anything else to add lol. And real life movies? Ill have to see that to believe it tbh 

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

im tired asf I just thought of the idea and couldnt think anything else to add lol. And real life movies? Ill have to see that to believe it tbh 

This video was made by @PowerGaming7, hes a pretty cool guy and is on the forums as well. Anyways as you can see from the screenshots they are playing the movie Night Of the Living Dead on the screen, a classic 1968 horror flick. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 9:01 PM, KingBen1223 said:

This video was made by @PowerGaming7, hes a pretty cool guy and is on the forums as well. Anyways as you can see from the screenshots they are playing the movie Night Of the Living Dead on the screen, a classic 1968 horror flick. 

Wouldn't they have to get rights to movies in order to avoid copyright or does this only work for YouTube? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RemingtonVanderbilit said:

Wouldn't they have to get rights to movies in order to avoid copyright or does this only work for YouTube? 

They probably did obtain rights for them, plus they are pretty old movies, I doubt anything within the past decade even will be playing in the theaters, so It's not that hard to obtain permission for use in the game.

3 hours ago, RemingtonVanderbilit said:

1 hour ago, KingBen1223 said:

They probably did obtain rights for them, plus they are pretty old movies, I doubt anything within the past decade even will be playing in the theaters, so It's not that hard to obtain permission for use in the game.

No, the real movies are the ones which are free or something as getting approval rights would cost a lot and so only movies which are not in need to have that license will be in the game.

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, the real movies are the ones which are free or something as getting approval rights would cost a lot and so only movies which are not in need to have that license will be in the game.

Oh ok this makes more sense. Thanks for correcting me

2 hours ago, KingBen1223 said:

So you think only movies that are in theaters require license fees for third party users? U mad?

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

So you think only movies that are in theaters require license fees for third party users? U mad?

Keep in mind copyright expires after 29 years I believe...At least that what it does in Canada

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Calm down man. I never said that. Im just saying that they are most likely older movies playing in the game theatres, and like @Luck was so kind to point out, copyrights do expire. Again, I admit I am ill informed in the matter and am providing my best insights, so please do KINDLY and respectfully feel free to correct me.

I can dig the real life movies, but I'd love to be able to play youtube videos and twitch streams in the cinema.

On 2017-01-09 at 3:24 PM, Ubbe said:

I can dig the real life movies, but I'd love to be able to play youtube videos and twitch streams in the cinema.

Well T.Vs in your house will have this feature so it makes sense for the cinema to only play actual movies, that way there is an actual incentive to visit the theatre opposed to watching the same thing from home on your T.V

7 hours ago, KingBen1223 said:

Well T.Vs in your house will have this feature so it makes sense for the cinema to only play actual movies, that way there is an actual incentive to visit the theatre opposed to watching the same thing from home on your T.V

But at home there wont be like 20+ people watching, unless it's a big ass apartment.