MrW1LDF1R3

Real cash economy

Would it be a bad idea to add a real cash economy system in game. like games such as entropia universe or eve online and so on ?

Edited by MrW1LDF1R3

eeerh... you mean premium currency? 

i would say thats an awfull idea

EDIT: It will appear there is a "premium shop of sort but  its only cosmetics nothing further elaborating as far as i can tell"

Edited by BJOLER

You mean player makes goods or services that other player need and it could be sold or exchanged ingame7

No, that's like having pay to win and well what about all the people who can't do that? 

I think it's a terrible way to go and well 1 currency is enough as in real life, you have to exchange euro's for dollars or another currency to buy things and so really that will be pay to win so to speak.

This game will never be a "Pay to Win feature" in this game the devs said. but micro transactions will be purely cosmetic things.

If you buy a thing from the in-game shop, I am sure it will be permanent to your "Account" and you will not be able to trade or sell those items

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 3

This is a horrible idea and quickly kills off the growth turning the game into pay to win. Having a "in game" currency that is player based is the only way to go with this game.  I really hope they have some way to mold this in game

you know that moment when you join a darkrp server and any squeaker there keeps trying to kill you with rpgs and ferraris because they've donated 4k with their parent's credit card? i hope that moment won't happen ingame

39 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

you know that moment when you join a darkrp server and any squeaker there keeps trying to kill you with rpgs and ferraris because they've donated 4k with their parent's credit card? i hope that moment won't happen ingame

As the FAQ (or extended) said there will be micro transaction but they will be cosmetic

Which means the squaker that stole moms creditcard will only be able to buy the backer speed demon pack and run you over with a luxury car (or what ever other perk tier with a car but since you said ferrari i said luxury car)

• Like 2

Micro transactions for any item in game, is what normally kills most games online playability. Grinding for items is the best approach for MMO and RPG because it make the player become more involved in the "in game" economy and community. 

Grinding makes players either work together,  or against each other for the idea of in game power. Making the in game environment grow and evolve to the community that dwells, works, and prospers there. 

Asylums approach to micro transactions seems like a wise choice. Only being able to purchase cosmetic items will give no true advantage to any player using micro transactions, and allowing for an even playing field for all involved. 

Just my experience with micro transactions tho.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BJOLER said:

As the FAQ (or extended) said there will be micro transaction but they will be cosmetic

Which means the squaker that stole moms creditcard will only be able to buy the backer speed demon pack and run you over with a luxury car (or what ever other perk tier with a car but since you said ferrari i said luxury car)

he can try, but he will most probably have lags and crash into a newbie horde, wreck his car by crashing the wall behind them and cry to the cops that it was an accident. you know what happens when someone gets into a game with no money and crashes his luxury car xD

Edited by Shimozukachi

41 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

you know what happens when someone gets into a game with no money and crashes his luxury car xD

You bring back fond memories of being an admin in DarkRP

• Like 1

Corporationmaster.com is a social, political, economic simulation game where you can convert your Virtual Currency into Real Money. Each player has an opportunity to work, train, trade goods, set up companies, build corporations, gain military ranks, think about unique strategies and much more. You can also enter the arena to show your power, fight with your opponents and receive bonuses. Payout is through Paypal.

26 minutes ago, corporationmaster said:

Corporationmaster.com is a social, political, economic simulation game where you can convert your Virtual Currency into Real Money. Each player has an opportunity to work, train, trade goods, set up companies, build corporations, gain military ranks, think about unique strategies and much more. You can also enter the arena to show your power, fight with your opponents and receive bonuses. Payout is through Paypal.

The devs won't feature in anyway this sort of thing. They don't like "Pay to Win" games and they won't have it. They only will have cosmetic items able to be bought with real money but you cannot go and withdraw your in-game money for real money. 

• If Identity could:
  • - Have an economy where each player is themselves valued comparatively by wallet currency / credits ( WORTH 25X RL$ )
  • - Allow custom symbols to be created and traded between players, running a stock simulation ( FOREX STYLE )
  • - Player can trade items to fluctuate the economy in real-time (like on the charts)
  • - Bankrupt companies, seize companies, insider trade, or learn the economics of an ethical business

Wait tehre's . more

Then ID credits get converted back to RL with a branded credit card. Run a conversion and a transaction like the Bitcoin realm can. Hope that players come back to refill their branded credit card to play more Identity. :P

On 2017-6-5 at 10:14 PM, BentBot said:
  • If Identity could:
  • - Have an economy where each player is themselves valued comparatively by wallet currency / credits ( WORTH 25X RL$ )
  • - Allow custom symbols to be created and traded between players, running a stock simulation ( FOREX STYLE )
  • - Player can trade items to fluctuate the economy in real-time (like on the charts)
  • - Bankrupt companies, seize companies, insider trade, or learn the economics of an ethical business

Wait tehre's . more

Then ID credits get converted back to RL with a branded credit card. Run a conversion and a transaction like the Bitcoin realm can. Hope that players come back to refill their branded credit card to play more Identity. :P

This sounds unnecessary and ultimately a system that will force this game to only become playable to a select group of consumer, which defeats the base of which they have built this game on. 

They have stated multiple times that this will not be Play-To-Win, and with the history of P2W games, it is a wise choice.

I could be okay with this... but only if those cosmetic items can also be bought in game. I hate it when I go for a certain look for a character in a game I just bought, only to find out I have to pay again in order to get it...

Pay to play should be a rare occurrence like it already is. It's part of the reason why it's difficult to survive in such games as GTAO. Players get an upper advantage over other players because they buy better equipment that other players can't afford. I'm glad the developers for Identity are taking this in consideration and deciding against it. Keep Identity balanced.