xVAULTxDWELLERx

How deep will police work actually be?

Seems like the cop system is going to be very automated, I hope there will still be freedom for the cops to make their own decisions.

2 hours ago, KevinOB said:

Seems like the cop system is going to be very automated, I hope there will still be freedom for the cops to make their own decisions.

You can choose as a cop if you feel like pulling someone over. If you want to participate in "heads up" activities or you can just pretend you're not a cop and learn about the criminal leagues and play that quiet guy that ends up saving the day! :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KevinOB said:

Cops can arrest only flagged users, but they still have to figure out who is flagged, unless you're very, very wanted I think. Otherwise they know there was a murder and there's a killer loose but they don't know who it is and have to figure it out.

11 minutes ago, Vix said:

Cops can arrest only flagged users, but they still have to figure out who is flagged, unless you're very, very wanted I think. Otherwise they know there was a murder and there's a killer loose but they don't know who it is and have to figure it out.

I thought the white flag meant if the police see you(and you've murdered but yet to be arrested for it)

That you will have a white flag, across your face or next to your name(which names are only visible in close proximity.

10 hours ago, NutterButter said:

I thought the white flag meant if the police see you(and you've murdered but yet to be arrested for it)

That you will have a white flag, across your face or next to your name(which names are only visible in close proximity.

I think any indication of your criminal lifestyle will show up if you're on the most wanted list, so it'd apply mostly to serial killers. Otherwise the flag is invisible and simply allows cops to arrest you. Also, a very interesting thing is that you can't hide in your living place. Click

If person "A" killed someone. And no one witnessed person "A" do the crime, you are still flagged? Sounds like if a person kills someone, they are automatically flagged to be arrested if found by a police officer. Will there be a point in time where that person can make a attempt to kill and not be found out about it? 

1 hour ago, minipie172 said:

If person "A" killed someone. And no one witnessed person "A" do the crime, you are still flagged? Sounds like if a person kills someone, they are automatically flagged to be arrested if found by a police officer. Will there be a point in time where that person can make a attempt to kill and not be found out about it? 

As a life sim, I want to be able to kill and get away. I think it should be something where if you seen their name- you can list them as your killer which could be where the white flag is~ otherwise you really can not kill. And it appears unwanted to kill.

I mean it could make it nice- but how long will this "hiding" have to last before case is closed and there's no longer a flag? @VIX?

Got a tweet for this?

Perhaps killing is one story- but for sale stealing a article of clothing, unless the store owner went into depth, could that minor offense be lost to the world of said theif isn't found within X amount of time?

I wouldn't want the cops to stop looking for who killed my family, so that's killing part makes it more immersive, as they will be found.

But it's much more immersive to actually escape the scene when caught and to be able to hide out for a little while, with smaller issues like shop lifting.

Edited by NutterButter
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, minipie172 said:

According to this tweet shown to us by the almighty organiser, Vix, the flag is invisible, so they can't tell it's you, but can still arrest you for something. So unless cops are gonna go around trying to arrest everyone, you'll be safe for a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaxx_On said:

According to this tweet shown to us by the almighty organiser, Vix, the flag is invisible, so they can't tell it's you, but can still arrest you for something. So unless cops are gonna go around trying to arrest everyone, you'll be safe for a while.

So I can kill someone, and all that will happen is a white flag visible to police that says(only says) that I've commited some kind of injustice act. Not that I stole, mugged, or killed? If that's true- that's cool cause they don't know the crime I commited unless it was reported, secondly, I really- really think that the flag that cops see should only be visible in close proximity(maybe the tiniest bit of proximity gain, but just that) where the person's name is displayed followed by a faint white flag(we want police to overlook it if possible)

10 hours ago, Jaxx_On said:

I would like an idea how long this flag lasts for... I mean, if its automatically there after a murder or even self defence. And no one saw it. How is it justified?

19 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

I would like an idea how long this flag lasts for... I mean, if its automatically there after a murder or even self defence. And no one saw it. How is it justified?

Nobody seems to catch onto the point that the flag is INVISIBLE. Nobody can see it. I think it's just to prevent false imprisonment, anyways. I also think it would go away after time, otherwise, yeah, unfair.

1 minute ago, Jaxx_On said:

Nobody seems to catch onto the point that the flag is INVISIBLE. Nobody can see it. I think it's just to prevent false imprisonment, anyways. I also think it would go away after time, otherwise, yeah, unfair.

I know its invisible. But not to police from the sounds of it. But if cops can see this flag and not know what you did. Why should they be able to arrest you if they don't know the crime committed?

50 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

I know its invisible. But not to police from the sounds of it. But if cops can see this flag and not know what you did. Why should they be able to arrest you if they don't know the crime committed?

Once you commit a crime you're flagged and police is probably notified that Crime X was commited and there's a criminal loose, but they don't see people with flags above their heads, unless they're really badly wanted for multiple harsh crimes. I'd assume the only visibly flagged players would be mass serial killers, or maybe also road pirates who destroyed many cars in a short period of time.

Flag is a term for a toggle. It's not meant in a literal sense. This means only that the police now have the ability to charge or arrest you for that crime.

Also note that private servers can disable this to give full freedom to the police.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

Flag is a term for a toggle. It's not meant in a literal sense. This means only that the police now have the ability to charge or arrest you for that crime.

So basically we wont be able to arrest someone for a crime unless they are actually guilty of said crime? Looks like we wont be needing those court systems after all!

35 minutes ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

So basically we wont be able to arrest someone for a crime unless they are actually guilty of said crime? Looks like we wont be needing those court systems after all!

On official servers, yes, otherwise griefing would be out of control. This may not be the case for community servers though.

That said we still need courts. They know a crime happened but not the reason out story behind it. Some of the most hilarious moments I've had in Altis Life were on a jury listening to crazy stories.

• Like 1

i think most people think police in identity will have more explosives than alarm für cobra 11 added with transformers

10 hours ago, Paratus said:

They know a crime happened but not the reason out story behind it.

WHY they did it is not important. The fact that they did it is all that matters. Court proceedings are not in place for shits and giggles. They are not an entertainment venue. They exist to prove guilt or innocence. If the game proves for you without a doubt that the person is guilty then we don't need courts. Go straight to prison!

Hiding home:

On 7. 1. 2016 at 2:36 PM, Vix said:

I think any indication of your criminal lifestyle will show up if you're on the most wanted list, so it'd apply mostly to serial killers. Otherwise the flag is invisible and simply allows cops to arrest you. Also, a very interesting thing is that you can't hide in your living place. Click

I think it is good to be able to hide home. For example. A crime lord with really big list of crimes should be still able to play and if he is carefoul enough, not be cought... So, for example, let him chill in his mansion so he can run his organization from there and only needs to come out less often, because he could be arrested on the corner.  Or another example, A bussiness owner who is a serial killer should be able to run his bussiness from home PC, to perhaps save and earn some huge money, maybe for some corrupt cop to erase his crimelist.

On 4. 1. 2016 at 4:50 PM, Sicario said:

@xVAULTxDWELLERx Police work is actually an integral part of the game, well from what I've seen and heard so far anyway. The developers have discussed a realistic career path for those interested law enforcement and have even shown vehicles, uniforms and weaponry that other players won't have unless in the force like tasers and so on. They've also said you can have your own special Police vehicle with a laptop you can use to search up player details, radars, sirens, search lights and the list goes on. Actually I think even their overall approach to Policing design and gameplay is better than what Police 10-13 have proposed for their simulator game. 

The police is THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY POLICE UNIFORM AND SPECIAL WEAPONS SUCH AS TASERS. Sorry fort caps, but I can't emphasise this enough. Yes, you could wear a police uniform from a corrupted cop, but not buy one. The same with tasers. I played like this on Amarok and Asylum and it was the best setup imo.  So yeah, police should have some things only they can wear and use, maybe spike stripes on roads, drug testers  and such, yeah, I think that goes without saying :)

That laptop from the trailer, in the police car, is like one of the biggest "wows" for me, so I deffinitely hope they add that.

On 4. 1. 2016 at 5:30 PM, FlyingDuck said:

I really hope they won't go as deep as checking if you have done drugs for the past hour and so, because that cuts of one of my corrupt-. I mean drugs might be needed for their health(...)

To all police men out there seeking to buy their beautiful mistress men an apron. Contact me for fast small jobs which means you sitting around in the car ignoring one call about robbery or extortion.

I hope they will implement testing for drugs, would be a fun thing. "Sir, your driving seems rather suspicious. Please step out of the vehicle and submit to a quick drug test, just to be sure and for your own safety."

On 5. 1. 2016 at 4:45 AM, KevinLangston said:

Would be cool to see police analyzing finger prints of a bullet cartridge that was loaded without a glove, and trace it to a guy and find his address, what car he drives, etc. 

That would be freaking amazing. It is kinda a "kickstarter extended goal" thing, but it would make the game soooo realistic and fun and complicated at the same time for criminals and probably cops too!

On 7. 1. 2016 at 2:57 PM, minipie172 said:

Exactly this I am talking about in this post.

Here, if you should be automaticaly wanted after a crime in the middle of desert

9 hours ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

WHY they did it is not important. The fact that they did it is all that matters. Court proceedings are not in place for shits and giggles. They are not an entertainment venue. They exist to prove guilt or innocence. If the game proves for you without a doubt that the person is guilty then we don't need courts. Go straight to prison!

tumblr_mo9ebsnm7f1rc96b4o1_500.jpg

Ok let's say you are wandering in the middle of the night outside a city, because you ran out of fuel and u left your car miles away. So then, somone jumps you and with a gun in his hand he tells you to do this and that. But then, he makes a mistake by not checking you for weapons and then even turns his back to you so he can show you where he wants you to go, still a gun in hands. You take out your gun and kill him in self defense. Police somehow get the info and you become wanted for murder. So let's apply what you wrote. WHY you did it is not important :) What is important is that you infact did it. So police comes and without a court you get thrown into jail. You happy?

Elaborate on this - how would you solve this problem? Well it's not a problem at all, it was self defense, a rightful killing that you can't be sentenced or even ticketed for. Would you let the cop handle the "guilty / not guilty" after hearing your story, or what

2 hours ago, Magor57 said:

You take out your gun and kill him in self defense. Police somehow get the info and you become wanted for murder. So let's apply what you wrote. WHY you did it is not important :) What is important is that you infact did it. So police comes and without a court you get thrown into jail. You happy? Elaborate on this - how would you solve this problem?

There is no problem. The game would see you killed in self defense and no crime "flag" would be issued. Case dismissed.

If you want drama go watch a soap opera.

watch  Monty Python and the Holy Grail. it's much more fun than drama

Edited by Shimozukachi
double word

If they do drugs tests in the car. I will tell them nothing as I have the right to drive a fucking car.

I will tell him to get me my lawyer before taking any test. Or maybe bring up some green infront of him, ( bribe style )

5 hours ago, Magor57 said:

Hiding home:

I think it is good to be able to hide home. For example. A crime lord with really big list of crimes should be still able to play and if he is carefoul enough, not be cought... So, for example, let him chill in his mansion so he can run his organization from there and only needs to come out less often, because he could be arrested on the corner.  Or another example, A bussiness owner who is a serial killer should be able to run his bussiness from home PC, to perhaps save and earn some huge money, maybe for some corrupt cop to erase his crimelist.

The police is THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY POLICE UNIFORM AND SPECIAL WEAPONS SUCH AS TASERS. Sorry fort caps, but I can't emphasise this enough. Yes, you could wear a police uniform from a corrupted cop, but not buy one. The same with tasers. I played like this on Amarok and Asylum and it was the best setup imo.  So yeah, police should have some things only they can wear and use, maybe spike stripes on roads, drug testers  and such, yeah, I think that goes without saying :)

That laptop from the trailer, in the police car, is like one of the biggest "wows" for me, so I deffinitely hope they add that.

I hope they will implement testing for drugs, would be a fun thing. "Sir, your driving seems rather suspicious. Please step out of the vehicle and submit to a quick drug test, just to be sure and for your own safety."

That would be freaking amazing. It is kinda a "kickstarter extended goal" thing, but it would make the game soooo realistic and fun and complicated at the same time for criminals and probably cops too!

Exactly this I am talking about in this post.

Here, if you should be automaticaly wanted after a crime in the middle of desert

tumblr_mo9ebsnm7f1rc96b4o1_500.jpg

Ok let's say you are wandering in the middle of the night outside a city, because you ran out of fuel and u left your car miles away. So then, somone jumps you and with a gun in his hand he tells you to do this and that. But then, he makes a mistake by not checking you for weapons and then even turns his back to you so he can show you where he wants you to go, still a gun in hands. You take out your gun and kill him in self defense. Police somehow get the info and you become wanted for murder. So let's apply what you wrote. WHY you did it is not important :) What is important is that you infact did it. So police comes and without a court you get thrown into jail. You happy?

Elaborate on this - how would you solve this problem? Well it's not a problem at all, it was self defense, a rightful killing that you can't be sentenced or even ticketed for. Would you let the cop handle the "guilty / not guilty" after hearing your story, or what

You can't hide in your house after you commit a crime because houses are the safest places in Identity. No one can break in (even police) and no one can steal from your house. So say you robbed a clothing store- if you could enter your house, you could store all your loot inside and not come out for as long as you're wanted- you can get food delivered to your house and sell stolen goods via internet. It's only fair you can't hide in your house until your wanted time runs out.

You can't steal from cops or disguise yourself as police. But civilians can buy tasers- rightfully so! It's easier to buy tasers than guns in some countries, they're non-lethal but they're effective at stopping muggers. Tasers aren't that unique, rare or special to be locked out from regular people. Police will have many other exclusive tools to use!

Police cars and some other car models will have built-in computers. :)

In Identity you are guilty until proven innocent, so if you kill someone in self defense first you go to jail, then you request trial and explain what happened. Judge and player jury will then decide your fate.