xVAULTxDWELLERx

How deep will police work actually be?

Ok im seeing people on these forums talking about SWAT training and warrants and courts and evidence and detective work and fingerprints and all that stuff. Guys this is NOT a police simulator. I don't know what you think this game will be like but i HIGHLY doubt the police work will be as detailed as you guys are imagining. Im betting most of what the police will do in this game is drive around and answer minor calls. Those of you who are looking for immersive police work should check out "Police 10-13".

Or you could, oh I don't know, become an actual police officer (like me :) )

• Like 1

Look the police in the game is really big , its big cause its an important career so i made quistions to identity rpg in twitter they said that all police duties will be aquird like detecting tracking giving tickets arresting and high forces duties. there will be checkpoints and the game is not about gta at. also identity wouldnt be considerd a game of the big enormous ammounts of careers and duties its not about shoot and kill ===run and chase. its a real bgame with concences and alot of things you said are in the game so nothing new to the police.

@xVAULTxDWELLERx Police work is actually an integral part of the game, well from what I've seen and heard so far anyway. The developers have discussed a realistic career path for those interested law enforcement and have even shown vehicles, uniforms and weaponry that other players won't have unless in the force like tasers and so on. They've also said you can have your own special Police vehicle with a laptop you can use to search up player details, radars, sirens, search lights and the list goes on. Actually I think even their overall approach to Policing design and gameplay is better than what Police 10-13 have proposed for their simulator game. 

Edited by Sicario
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Can we get an actual developer to chime in on this?

I'm not a developer, but I believe they want the police career to be pretty in depth, and we would more than likely need that considering the type of crimes that can be committed in Identity.

• Like 5

I really hope they won't go as deep as checking if you have done drugs for the past hour and so, because that cuts of one of my corrupt-. I mean drugs might be needed for their health(...)

To all police men out there seeking to buy their beautiful mistress men an apron. Contact me for fast small jobs which means you sitting around in the car ignoring one call about robbery or extortion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

I really hope they won't go as deep as checking if you have done drugs for the past hour and so, because that cuts of one of my corrupt-. I mean drugs might be needed for their health(...)

To all police men out there seeking to buy their beautiful mistress men an apron. Contact me for fast small jobs which means you sitting around in the car ignoring one call about robbery or extortion.

They most likely will only worry if you have drugs on you currently.

Also if I had to guess id say there wouldn't be multiple branches (FBI, CIA, ect)

Just different roles in the PD.
For example: Undercover unit, a unit to track down wanted criminals, and maybe they will bring combat medics over here too?
With the possibility for more roles since Paratus can do whatever he wants on here.

1 minute ago, KevinOB said:

They most likely will only worry if you have drugs on you currently.

Also if I had to guess id say there wouldn't be multiple branches (FBI, CIA, ect)

Just different roles in the PD.
For example: Undercover unit, a unit to track down wanted criminals, and maybe they will bring combat medics over here too?
With the possibility for more roles since Paratus can do whatever he wants on here.

They told us there will be different roles such as DEA Agents etc and so on. However they will be like bugs sticking on me but I am only a middle man ( My family that is ) in drugs. We don't make it, nor sell it. We make the connections.

Oh well

Would be cool to see police analyzing finger prints of a bullet cartridge that was loaded without a glove, and trace it to a guy and find his address, what car he drives, etc. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

This is great stuff to read, however I am gonna be a probation officer so that if you are found with drugs(for the first time)- you're to pee clean or I will find you(: and you'll have to prove you can drop drugs even more times before I close case. And each meeting costs about 65$

3 hours ago, NutterButter said:

This is great stuff to read, however I am gonna be a probation officer so that if you are found with drugs(for the first time)- you're to pee clean or I will find you(: and you'll have to prove you can drop drugs even more times before I close case. And each meeting costs about 65$

I will pee clean but i dont like drugs nor do I allow members in my family to use them. My family is just a middle man in drugs etc.

But if you want my pee go ahead

Mu love Love from duck

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NutterButter said:

Oh for fucks sake. Now people think they can be a probation officer? I got a feeling there are gonna be a lot of disappointed people when the full details of this game are released.

"Hey guys! I totally cant wait to play as a code enforcement officer! I am totally gonna ticket people for not cutting their grass so HARD!!!!1!!1!"

Also, the dollar sign ($) goes BEFORE the numbers.

Edited by xVAULTxDWELLERx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

I will pee clean but i dont like drugs nor do I allow members in my family to use them. My family is just a middle man in drugs etc.

But if you want my pee go ahead

Mu love Love from duck

I think this would only be a probable happening if the developers designed something along the lines of a breathalyzer.

Or a quick on the spot UA, as if a lifetime prison sentence is between 3-6 hrs(ive heard a lot of ideas- I think it should be like 1 hr 30 min just cause I don't like confinment when there is a world for me to explore)

And let's assume a life lasts 75 years- then as a UA- would only last between 10-20 seconds(and this is where the developers system comes in for the probation officer) after said player was intoxicated and discovered on the spot(assuming they got UA'd within 10-20 seconds after their intoxication effects or their high wore off) then they would be in the system, and said player would have to jump through just a few hoops- mainly a time (like 30minutes or an hour)in which they have to check in with their PO and do a urine analysis, which because they're known for a specific drug that drug(s) would be highlighted and said player couldn't do said drug because of a extra 5/10 minutes added(where as the cops had to find them basically on the spot intoxicated) on due to suspected use. Then theyd have to pah forward a fee for the government and the PO. Id say like 3 tests in a hour- it's not hard to avoid that- as long as you don't get the first test- go do drugs and get called back again O.o

The policing career is the most in-depth of all the careers in Identity because it serves a very important role in the game as a whole.

When you first start out as a rookie cop, you'll begin patrolling and responding to dispatch calls. If there's a dispatcher online you can speak to them directly with your radio and if not it's handled by an automated system. As you progress you can unlock additional perks in the policing career and eventually you can experience new specialty roles like detective, SWAT, and so on.

A police officer can only ticket or arrest another player for something they are known to have committed. If a cop sees you speeding down the road, he then has the opportunity to ticket you. If he turns on his emergency lights and you refuse to pull over for him, the system will now allow him to charge you with resistance. That is, at the base level, how the system functions. Private servers have the option to remove all restrictions and leave it up to the discretion of the officer, although this system keeps the police in-line.

A lot more information on policing will be available on the website very shortly.

I just had to hide about half of this thread since it was completely off-topic arguing. Let's try to keep that to the private messages.

• Like 13

I'm not going to join the police, but it is a very interesting job indeed! According to the twitter as a cop you have a partner you work with. :D You can't be an undercover cop but also no civilian can disguise themselves and be fake cop- they won't be able to buy or steal a police uniform, steal a police car or even steal a cop's equipment! Other interesting things about police are how they locate a crime scene, have criminal records, are split between regions, can move from region to region, are limited when it comes to how many can be on duty at the same time and can only arrest "flagged" killers.

• Like 2

@Vix, you're awesome for digging through all of my tweets to provide context here on the forums!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Motown said:

@Vix, you're awesome for digging through all of my tweets to provide context here on the forums!

I know I am. ^u^ I have them segregated into different files in my bookmark! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Those aren't the ONLY people that can be arrested.

Well, not only killers will be flagged I believe, but according to the tweet police can't arrest someone who isn't flagged, so they can't arrest an innocent person ("... an invisible flag allows cops to arrest you") . At least that's how I understand the tweet. It might change in the future!

59 minutes ago, Vix said:

I know I am. ^u^ I have them segregated into different files in my bookmark! :D

I can't believe I've sent out over 3,500 tweets now. I was never a twitter user before Identity!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motown said:

I can't believe I've sent out over 3,500 tweets now. I was never a twitter user before Identity!

Yeah, me neither. Now I have twitter always open to catch up with all the tweets from you! :D

1 hour ago, Dizzle said:

@Motown , @Vix I.. I also follow the twitter pretty extensively ._. .. *cough* Cuz you know.. identity is pretty cool and stuff..

Senpai Motown will never notice you!