JoelKeys

Joel Keys for Governor

Will you vote Joel for Governor?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will you vote yes or no?

Hello all.

I am Joel Keys, founder & CEO of Keys High-End Apparel and The People's Party.

I am here today to announce my official running for office in the game providing that I can own a business alongside my campaign.

Information About Me and TPP

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend that you read the policies of The People's Party so you are aware roughly of my principles and ideologies. 

Once you have read my party's policies, you are probably shocked that I am proposing higher taxes than most. I know that at first some of you may be disappointed, but I would ask you to read my most recent (as of 22:48 on the 20th of December) reply on TPP. I explain why higher taxes aren't all as bad as they seem. 

The ideals and policies of TPP are subject to change, and act as merely a rough guideline for anyone running under our party. Individual candidates do not have any obligation to strictly abide by the policies outlined in my post on TPP. If, for example higher taxes aren't doing much for the economy, I will lower them but only if it benefits the citizens. 

Probably one of the most reassuring aspects of me running for Governor is that I DO own a (projectably) successful business, so I have no financial agenda to accomplish by running for office. My only agenda is to assure that we all as citizens live the best possible life while earning a living. In fact, me becoming Governor will negatively impact my income due to my committees and programmes that I wish to put into place. Yes, those will be tax run programmes however I am having to take on unreliable convicts and newbies as employees and pay them, which won't be good for me.

I truly urge you to think carefully about who you vote for, if it's not me PLEASE don't allow low taxes to be a seller for you, it won't work.

Let me know your thoughts below.

• Like 2

So you will have no problem giving your business away to a blind trust because having a business can create corruption. You might seems like your for the people but having power changes people.

Edited by ErjonBerisha

You would have to give up your decisions making power in Keys and distance yourself from it. You shouldn't run your company and the island at the same time. Although you may be a man of high morals, which I don't doubt, you have to instill trust in the citizens and running a company and having the power to control aspects of the economy at the same time just doesn't look right. 

2 hours ago, BioHaze said:

You would have to give up your decisions making power in Keys and distance yourself from it. You shouldn't run your company and the island at the same time. Although you may be a man of high morals, which I don't doubt, you have to instill trust in the citizens and running a company and having the power to control aspects of the economy at the same time just doesn't look right. 

That's like saying because Donald Trump runs a business he won't run America well. It all depends on the morale of the men, not the positions they are in. I, myself will be voting for Joel. Looking forward to seeing you do the same.

16 minutes ago, Capped said:

That's like saying because Donald Trump runs a business he won't run America well. It all depends on the morale of the men, not the positions they are in. I, myself will be voting for Joel. Looking forward to seeing you do the same.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it's not a matter of the morality of the individual, it's about his/her presence to the public. People don't know about the morals of someone, but they will jump at how he owns a business and that there would be a possible conflict of interest.

• Like 1

If I'm elected Governor having a business wouldn't be a huge deal. Considering being a business man and a political figure aren't the same I wouldn't want to handicap other for my own benefit. Instead of being a greedy business man I'd be the kind of man to try and make money for the community rather than steal it for self gain. I want economic stability within businesses. Not lopsided like most politicians. I'm not going to promote myself in this gentlemans post. But I do want to say good luck and I look forward to what you may do. :)

5 minutes ago, BioHaze said:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it's not a matter of the morality of the individual, it's about his/her presence to the public. People don't know about the morals of someone, but they will jump at how he owns a business and that there would be a possible conflict of interest.

That's a very good point.

Are you saying that just because Trump runs his business one way he could run the country a different way based on how his presence is?

Because if so I agree. I want to see if people are just pre judging rather than taking the time to try and see how he is. 

6 minutes ago, BioHaze said:

Possibly, but if Joel was to keep his government life and business life seperated, it wouldnt be a big deal.

7 minutes ago, Capped said:

Possibly, but if Joel was to keep his government life and business life seperated, it wouldnt be a big deal.

Not necessarily. While I understand what you're trying to say, you can't deny the fact that the public will always demand a look at what you're doing. And especially if you, for expample, run the best business on the island and are the governor. There are going to be skeptics who think you're cheating the system and want to see what you do. Hiding his life would be difficult, that's why if he wants to avoid that he needs to leave everything open. His private life is private. But his public business is that, public.

True. @JoelKeys when you read this, and this is also for you @GeneSmith

Even if he wasn't the best business on the island, he'd still be living pretty comfortably, so as long as he doesn't get TOO greedy, he could keep his company doing moderately well, have a decent amount of money, and still have his mind clear of business problems so he could run the island correctly. 

ALSO, if his business IS the best on the island, he could possibly use money out of pocket to fund the island and make those actions public so citizens won't be skeptic.

15 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Are you saying that just because Trump runs his business one way he could run the country a different way based on how his presence is?

I believe that the power of the citizens is immense and can sway the decisions of politicians since politicians want to please their constituents. With that being said, people are who they are and that will influence how they will be in their position. To answer your question, I believe that Trump has many promises to keep with the people that voted for him and supported him after the election and he will try his best to keep them. He is a businessman though and will probably use what he learned in his business life in the white house. I believe that even when campaigning that he stated he would do so.  

8 minutes ago, Capped said:

True. @JoelKeys when you read this, and this is also for you @GeneSmith

Even if he wasn't the best business on the island, he'd still be living pretty comfortably, so as long as he doesn't get TOO greedy, he could keep his company doing moderately well, have a decent amount of money, and still have his mind clear of business problems so he could run the island correctly. 

ALSO, if his business IS the best on the island, he could possibly use money out of pocket to fund the island and make those actions public so citizens won't be skeptic.

You have to understand that there are situations like this. With every good thing a bad thing is sure to follow. Donating publicly is NOT a smart thing to do. You're basically asking to get harassed because "You're trying to prove something." It's happened many of times and it's a situation that is best left alone. The only real way is to further go on your political trail and then meet the goals you've set for yourself. Obama has been an okay president for the last 8 years but hasn't done much of what he planned doing. So to get good with the public you need to do good by them. No donations just meet your goals and fulfill your demands.

9 minutes ago, BioHaze said:

I believe that the power of the citizens is immense and can sway the decisions of politicians since politicians want to please their constituents. With that being said, people are who they are and that will influence how they will be in their position. To answer your question, I believe that Trump has many promises to keep with the people that voted for him and supported him after the election and he will try his best to keep them. He is a businessman though and will probably use what he learned in his business life in the white house. I believe that even when campaigning that he stated he would do so.  

I do believe there is some fluidity to what he is saying. He is a business man and has had ups and downs. He knows what to do and what not to do as a businessman and he could potentially bring America out of the debt that it's in. And with that being said I plan to very very very loosely base my campaign off of his ideas. No walls. But to better the economy and help the lower class as much as possible. I want the Island to thrive and not go into a recession or even a depression.

5 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

He knows what to do and what not to do as a businessman and he could potentially bring America out of the debt that it's in.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt Trump could rid America of its 19 trillion dollars of national debt.  

4 minutes ago, BioHaze said:

Unfortunately, I highly doubt Trump could rid America of its 19 trillion dollars of national debt.  

I don't doubt that he couldn't. But if he will? That's an entirely different story. If he makes the right decisions and doesn't take any loans from countries we would be okay. He needs to stop the wasting of money.

16 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

I don't doubt that he couldn't. But if he will? That's an entirely different story. If he makes the right decisions and doesn't take any loans from countries we would be okay. He needs to stop the wasting of money.

Even with that though, I don't believe that he can get rid of all the debt, just slow the rise of the debt. 

Edited by BioHaze

1 hour ago, BioHaze said:

Even with that though, I don't believe that he can get rid of all the debt, just slow the rise of the debt. 

You never know. Stranger things have happened. :)

• Like 1

Would your political platform give Governmental support to the Fair Market Merchants Bureau to insure a more stable and fairly balanced economy? You can view our business model in the link on my Sig.

On 16/01/2017 at 0:47 AM, Xilvius said:

Would your political platform give Governmental support to the Fair Market Merchants Bureau to insure a more stable and fairly balanced economy? You can view our business model in the link on my Sig.

I like your idea. Like the BBB in real life. I will certainly give your idea a chance.

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I like your idea. Like the BBB in real life. I will certainly give your idea a chance.

We certainly appreciate your support. If you have any questions pertaining to our foundation do not hesitate to send me a direct message. We will be getting in contact with you soon to mesh out some finer details and get your political platform added to our registrar's books.

• Like 1

As soon as i read first sentence of "The Peoples Party" i lost my trust in Mr. Keys .

Current post states official statement of running for office but post, from 06.12.2016 about his party starts with not running for office.

Identity do not deserve officials who change their moods, opinions, statements and promises from time to time. Politics isnt like free market where you can change everything when ever you like.

12 hours ago, Syym said:

As soon as i read first sentence of "The Peoples Party" i lost my trust in Mr. Keys .

Current post states official statement of running for office but post, from 06.12.2016 about his party starts with not running for office.

Identity do not deserve officials who change their moods, opinions, statements and promises from time to time. Politics isnt like free market where you can change everything when ever you like.

I stated the following, "I do not intend on running for office.", meaning at the time of the post I did not intend on running which is true. I never said I would never run for office because I knew it was a possibility. If anything that sentence should make you trust me more, the fact that I could have very easily went back and changed it but chose not to shows my transparency with the public. Everyone changes their moods, opinions and statements. As a matter of fact I think Identity would be worse with a Governor who doesn't change his moods, opinions and statements. So long as you can justify it and the change is for the better, I don't see the issue.

I did, however do some research of my own and I happened across a statement you made in a post which says, 

As i see myself becoming a dignified governor, getting my word to all citizens is essential.

So yes, I do understand that you have to try and put the opposition down to get more votes for yourself but please, I implore you to make sure you're actually correcting a mistake or calling out something I did wrong rather than scrape the bottom of the barrel to gather any shred of material you can use to make the opposing candidates look bad. Also pick something that doesn't make yourself look imbecilic while simultaneously strengthening my campaign. Happy elections :)   

After reading the agenda of the TPP, I would suggest, low to medium taxes to begin with, then raise them up as the economy strengthens. That has proven to be successful, look at the Federal Reserve in the US, they raised the interest rates I believe 3 times, as the economy keeps improving. Also for anyone curious, debt is a good thing, it allows interest. So Joel, I would suggest, you doing subsidies for small businesses, in order to get the economy booming, as most national economies in the private secors are made up of small businesses. 

I vote for Joel.

PS.

I would enjoy be a running mate for you, or running under you, in the future. I have a large interest in politics, economy, and public interests. 

• Like 1

Hi I am running for governor too but if you give too much tax return back on the island we wont have a very strong economy which means that we won't be able to do good for the city. So if you want a strong economy for a strong state look at my gov campaign and if you do like my ideas vote for me.

21 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I stated the following, "I do not intend on running for office.", meaning at the time of the post I did not intend on running which is true. I never said I would never run for office because I knew it was a possibility. If anything that sentence should make you trust me more, the fact that I could have very easily went back and changed it but chose not to shows my transparency with the public. Everyone changes their moods, opinions and statements. As a matter of fact I think Identity would be worse with a Governor who doesn't change his moods, opinions and statements. So long as you can justify it and the change is for the better, I don't see the issue.

You will become splendid CEO, no question about that. On the contrary what goes for governor is different. First you must get votes based on your ideology and ideas in order to achieve this position. Then you must carry out your promises. 

Would you trust a governor who would change his/her mood/opinion/ideas right after becoming an official ?

As world progresses we also need changes, won't argue about that, but not overnight, otherwise citizens will be confused and unhappy.

Don't be too hasty, Mr Keys, as TPP is something what Identity needs.

• Like 1