Horak

Stolen/Broken Cars

Hey,

is there any information about cars when they explode or get stolen? Is it like when your character die but you keep the progress? I know it isn't really in a roleplay sense, when it is possible to respawn your broken or stolen car after a while, but I really don't like to lose progress. I played on a GTA San Andreas (Multi Theft Auto) RP server and when the car for example got stolen and burned down, it was possible to respawn it after a while. But when the crash or explotion was your fault and your character was in a close area around the car, it got deleted. This was bw the reason why I never played Arma Altis Life. When I play for several months to buy me that super expensive sport car and it gets stolen after 2 hours and destroyed it would be really frustrating I think. 

There is not much information on this, but as far as I know, you will have to pay insurance for the car, (could be like GTA being just a fee when destroyed) or it could be monthly but affordable! (I hope its monthly) @HairyGrenade can provide insight into this further!

• Like 1

No reason why player owned insurance companies couldn't be a reality. Would just need a system in place to ensure that they pay up.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:47 PM, uncannierlink said:

No reason why player owned insurance companies couldn't be a reality. Would just need a system in place to ensure that they pay up.

Yes, agreed. With all of the other things going into this game, this wouldn't be that hard to add, I wouldn't think.

1 hour ago, Mayglin said:

Yes, agreed. With all of the other things going into this game, this wouldn't be that hard to add, I wouldn't think.

Just have a written contract system, and give police the ability to repo (either only under a judge order/ high ranking officers, or a RP server mod equivalent) and there you go.

You wouldn't repo a vehicle just for non-payment on insurance, just revoke the coverage and then you'll be flagged as driving without insurance when stopped by cops.

• Like 1