WhtGhstBlckGhst

Mod community.

At this point in time, and I agree it's a bit early, how are the Dev's feeling toward the mod community? I wanted to get the conversation started now and let it grow over time. The thing here about mods, is that it gives individual players the option to "customize" or tweak their game playing experience. I'll use the most obvious go to for an example: nudity or gore. Where some people find it inappropriate for their game experience others may not. Now with this route of Dev approved or Dev developed mods comes the argument, "to each his own." This way one party can't say its unjustifiable that this game has nudity or gore or roller skates or w.e the topic might be. Creating a core foundation, then adding mods for the finer player tuned details is the way to go. Especially given the nature of this game, freedom.   

Developers have stated that modding is not planned, but could be looked further into in the future after full release.

My opinion:

I think that mods are good but and they ruin the game servers also. e.g. New players won't go to the original servers which have no mods and instead will only go to the modded ones (most anyhow). I would rather allow the developers more time to implement things their selves or making things as DLC's because they deserve to get money for the content, I don't like player made free content as it deprives the devs from doing that feature in the future as a minor update or DLC.

On 2016-12-19 at 5:03 AM, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

At this point in time, and I agree it's a bit early, how are the Dev's feeling toward the mod community? I wanted to get the conversation started now and let it grow over time. The thing here about mods, is that it gives individual players the option to "customize" or tweak their game playing experience. I'll use the most obvious go to for an example: nudity or gore. Where some people find it inappropriate for their game experience others may not. Now with this route of Dev approved or Dev developed mods comes the argument, "to each his own." This way one party can't say its unjustifiable that this game has nudity or gore or roller skates or w.e the topic might be. Creating a core foundation, then adding mods for the finer player tuned details is the way to go. Especially given the nature of this game, freedom.   

Would be pretty sweet if there is a official 18+ server where nudity, gore, sex and other awesome non kid stuff are avaible, Like a special server for those who want to. I don't know if my idea is good, just want to throw it out :P

20 hours ago, AlexanderFrost said:

Would be pretty sweet if there is a official 18+ server where nudity, gore, sex and other awesome non kid stuff are avaible, Like a special server for those who want to. I don't know if my idea is good, just want to throw it out :P

It would be nice, but the game is already said to have an 18+ rating so all servers are technically already 18+ servers.

On 19/12/2016 at 11:25 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Developers have stated that modding is not planned, but could be looked further into in the future after full release.

My opinion:

I think that mods are good but and they ruin the game servers also. e.g. New players won't go to the original servers which have no mods and instead will only go to the modded ones (most anyhow). I would rather allow the developers more time to implement things their selves or making things as DLC's because they deserve to get money for the content, I don't like player made free content as it deprives the devs from doing that feature in the future as a minor update or DLC.

Even so it was already confirmed that unofficial servers will be an available option, so that would end being the case in the end in any event, because of added tweaking options available.

It would be cool though if "addons" just for UI/texture related modifications were allowed (I am specifically thinking of how Elder Scrolls Online handled addons).

Edited by BOTLANNER
Spelling without autocorrect on a mobile phone
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BOTLANNER said:

Even so it was already confirmed that unofficial servers will be an available option, so that would end being the case in the end in any event, because of added tweaking options available.

Yes, I know it's confirmed with having unofficial servers because I asked that question in 2015 on twitter and I also know it could be a option in the future for mods, but it's not definitely going to happen just because there are unofficial servers. The Developers said "We will look into modding in the future with no promises"