BluePandaIta

Minimum Wage

In order to decrease poverty, we will likely follow New York City's example with $15 an hour. That is, of course, subject to change, but I can't see it getting much lower.

• Like 1

I think there should be no minimum wage because it will be more competitive, plus no migrants because there is just one country in this game.

• Like 2

"Laissez-nous faire, laissez-nous passer. Le monde va de lui-même."

"Let us do, leave us alone. The world runs by itself."

$0 minimum wage.  I doubt anyone is going to make very little in this game, just as in the real-world.  A minority of people make minimum age in the real-world, and most are teens and young adults, and largely part-time workers.  
If one is making a living while earning minimum wage, then that one has some serious life issues, or is on welfare, or both.  Otherwise, for the most part, people aren't trying to "raise a family of four" (a common claim) on seven US dollars per hour.  By the time one has a family, that one typically has started a career of some sort.

I can go very deep into economics for the economically illiterate (I do not intend offense there) if need be.  In a proper free market full of competition and void of welfare leeches reluctantly working, there is good salary.

Now, in regards to this game, once more, I do not think anyone will earn a horribly low wage, and if one does, then one can seek out another employer.  Identity's simulated economy will not be nearly as complex as the real-world's economy, so keep that in mind too.  My point is, a minimum wage would be unnecessary and would only be implemented in law as a "feel good."

• Like 2

On 18/12/2016 at 7:16 AM, Jared said:

"Laissez-nous faire, laissez-nous passer. Le monde va de lui-même."

"Let us do, leave us alone. The world runs by itself."

$0 minimum wage.  I doubt anyone is going to make very little in this game, just as in the real-world.  A minority of people make minimum age in the real-world, and most are teens and young adults, and largely part-time workers.  
If one is making a living while earning minimum wage, then that one has some serious life issues, or is on welfare, or both.  Otherwise, for the most part, people aren't trying to "raise a family of four" (a common claim) on seven US dollars per hour.  By the time one has a family, that one typically has started a career of some sort.

I can go very deep into economics for the economically illiterate (I do not intend offense there) if need be.  In a proper free market full of competition and void of welfare leeches reluctantly working, there is good salary.

Now, in regards to this game, once more, I do not think anyone will earn a horribly low wage, and if one does, then one can seek out another employer.  Identity's simulated economy will not be nearly as complex as the real-world's economy, so keep that in mind too.  My point is, a minimum wage would be unnecessary and would only be implemented in law as a "feel good."

If there was a minimum wage in the game it would be a terrible idea, like in world of Warcraft there is a lot of inflation for the wow tokens. It would work if they keep increasing the minimum wage weekly

I propose a minimum wage of 10-12$. This will be enough to sustain a living and not break the bank of your employer. I think if minimum wage was anymore than that inflation start to be a serious issue and large corporations would suffer thus slowing business growth and the economy. I also think that you should get raises based on your merit if you work hard you will make more!

Note: We don't know for sure what the economy is going to look like so all of this is not set in stone as of yet.