LucaPlays

Console Game!

i would love it if Identity would be on a console(s)

If it would many more players could get the idea of playing the game without needing a gaming pc that is over 1000 dollars.

many rpg fans that like playing them on  consoles can then also start playing this game on the console plus there may be more players in the game if it would be - 

on the console.

if you like the idea and want this to happen please let the developers know and motivate them to do it!

Thanks for lisening!

have a good day

I do like the idea of consoles since it would give the devs more revenue and exposure, but they wouldn't be able to make the PC version as polished as it will be now because of the increased development time. Also I don't really think this game is very suitable for consoles because of the big server and focus on voice chat. Not to mention the developent team is very small.

Edited by Ubbe

Right, yes its a no to consoles and many disappointments on that answer unfortunately. @LucaPlays They didn't say might after the pc release, but they said "They might look into console porting after pc release but no promises". 

There are many flaws of this game being done for consoles as well firstly the controls, there a lot of them and so it will be hard to fit all on the controller unless they tone stuff down. 

Also the console servers will not be able to handle so many players on one server, and it will be crazy as because the trolls will ruin the role-play, and how will anyone be able to manage laws and things if you get put on random servers? There also will have to be AI on the console version because you won't be able to have many of the great things controlled by players. 

(Ps: I have nothing against the console porting, I just look at the facts to everything and how it effects things.)

Edited by JamesLuck01

Nobody said your rig needs to be $1000 as you claim. Mine is only $750~ and I'll probably run it just fine. 

Consoles actually turn out to be more expensive than PCs after you buy the console online playing subscription, $60 games, etc. 

With that being said, your statement about people not being able to drop $1000 is invalid, you do it all the time on consoles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Right, yes its a no to consoles and many disappointments on that answer unfortunately. @LucaPlays They didn't say might after the pc release, but they said "They might look into console porting after pc release but no promises". 

There are many flaws of this game being done for consoles as well firstly the controls, there a lot of them and so it will be hard to fit all on the controller unless they tone stuff down. 

Also the console servers will not be able to handle so many players on one server, and it will be crazy as because the trolls will ruin the role-play, and how will anyone be able to manage laws and things if you get put on random servers? There also will have to be AI on the console version because you won't be able to have many of the great things controlled by players. 

(Ps: I have nothing against the console porting, I just look at the facts to everything and how it effects things.)

Yeah.."They might".. Why is it to me and to LucaPlays you make it sound like we're wrong? Console release and console port is the same thing.

anyway.

console porting is a really bad idea to me. I really don't think that identity would work well on consoles, there's only so many buttons on a controller, the limitations of consoles specs etc.

And people, if Theres already a thread about it, please don't post a new one, especially when the OP has already liked my reply to the other thread -.-

Edited by jremi

I feel that a console port would take away from the experience that the developers are striving for. Here are my reasons for why a console port would be bad for Identity:

1: Trolls will be more prevalent throughout the game, ultimately ruining the role-playing experience.

2: The hardware on consoles is limited when compared to PCs. Because so, graphics might have to be tuned-down to accommodate for consoles, butchering the graphics.

3: Controls might also have to be tuned-down due to the fact that controllers have a limited number of buttons, which may limit features and such.

4: Overall, you just get a better experience on PC. With better graphics, better controls, and better everything, I feel that a console port would be pointless.

Edited by DROSE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

I honestly prefer the PC version, I think its kinda weird a RPG on a console (no offence, my opinion)

This is exactly my point. For the type of RPG that Identity is going to be, playing it on consoles would be kind of....odd, to say the least